newbies free styler

OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Bu Salem, of course I know Almost 4x4. But let me say there is sometimes an inconsistency in the way trips are set up. If Advance/Intermediates can join newbie trip for example as rescuer, there is not always a limit put to the I/A drivers.

Bad luck indeed. Seems like I will have to make alternative plans to get my desert thrill this weekend :blank:
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

I would love to join guys but first saturday on duty since long time ago...enjoy the drive guys
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi OffroadRon

We have two types of drives by Marshals
Scheduled : a drive has been a proved by the Marshals' meeting.
Chartered : a drive has been a proved by more than one marshal but still serves the club's master plan

To have a rescue convoy for training is part of the scheduled program not in chartered that is why there is no I/A convoy. In other words, the organizer doesn’t want a big convoy.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Fat Rabbit

[quote=alshamsi_m;32442]5- drivers

Get ready ... tonight there is a post about a drive on Friday morning with CM

Regards[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up Bu Salem. Looking forward to the drive. Roxanne and I have been out of bounds for about a year, looking forward to get back at it :)
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Bu Salem.
In that case, I am happy to have "donated" my seat to another newbie :Psmiley:
Dave
Advance
Advance

Great to see a trip posted on Saturday as busy the next two Fridays. Not so great seeing it so late (two days without internet!) Am pretty sure it will be a tough morning trying to keep pace with that little Suzuki as I saw it in action two weeks ago and it can change direction like a gazelle! A busy weekend ahead as I count at least 3 events. Great job again by the marshals and organisers. You all certainly aim to please everyone. Well done.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Dave;32543]... that little Suzuki as I saw it in action two weeks ago and it can change direction like a gazelle! ...[/quote]

It's a driver, leading, who is changing his mind and the car is just listening to the commands. Such a quick change is necessary to avoid ditch or another obstacle or to prepare funny situation for other cars behind in the sense - "Let's see who will make it !" :secret laugh:
Dave
Advance
Advance

Disappointed as I am unable to play Saturday due work! Have removed name from wait list. Maybe for the best due two reasons. 1: Had I been available and not made the cut I would have been even more disappointed and 2: As Caprihorse stated, a few drivers may end up in a "funny situation" trying to keep pace with that Japanese Gazelle so maybe I am saving that awkward "stuck" for another day!

For those lucky enough to be part of the chase, have fun. Sounds like a really enjoyable Saturday morning. Already looking forward to the trip reports!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear RedShark

We only check the drivers not the vehicle

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills