Treasure Hunt 2.0

Oggy

My pm hasn't arrived yet. Is that the first test?
Oggy

Found it :)
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

I will have to do end minute withdrawal *still haven't got the Garmin gps as Amit trading closed down today when I went to buy :(
Adnan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Dave;32306]Getting very frustrated with this Montana 600. Having purchased it as an off road aid and just playing around with waypoint insertion and "navigate from point to point" it keeps telling me " maps do not have routable roads in this area". I don't want a road!!! Just a bearing and distance. Is more software required to be down loaded or am I missing something obvious? I have set it to ATV mode to force it to think I really am in the desert! Still no joy.[/quote]

Hi Dave, did you choose the " direct " option when you set your waypoint destination ????
if not , then the GPS Navigator will guid you to your destination waypoint through the roads available nearby.
also it's advisable to set it on NUVI mode
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Adnan;32323]Hi Dave, did you choose the " direct " option when you set your waypoint destination ????
if not , then the GPS Navigator will guid you to your destination waypoint through the roads available nearby.
also it's advisable to set it on NUVI mode[/quote]

Nuvi mode is not very handy, as it covers most of the map area with unnecessary numbers and information, but it is everybody's choice to display what he wants.
Dave
Advance
Advance

Thanks Adnan for the advice. Sorry for late reply, just saw your post now. I did not have the direct option selected as you suggested but my mistake was pointed out on the Friday morning just prior to the Treasure Hunt! Once selected I was a lot happier about my Montana purchase! I have to say the user manual is not all that great but good old YouTube has a lot of useful information about all it's neat features. At one stage I was thinking for the money I spent buying the Garmin I would have been better off hiring a professional navigator/co-driver for the day.......!
Adnan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Dave;32370]Thanks Adnan for the advice. Sorry for late reply, just saw your post now. I did not have the direct option selected as you suggested but my mistake was pointed out on the Friday morning just prior to the Treasure Hunt! Once selected I was a lot happier about my Montana purchase! I have to say the user manual is not all that great but good old YouTube has a lot of useful information about all it's neat features. At one stage I was thinking for the money I spent buying the Garmin I would have been better off hiring a professional navigator/co-driver for the day.......![/quote]
hahah well Dave , in case you need any help in Montana settings, you are most welcome in first drive meeting