Treasure Hunt 2.0

Bambam
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Asemahmed;32282]Got a new Montana 650, but the pointer is moving allover even in no physical movement. On road it's almost 5 meters away from my position. Any advice.[/quote]

I had the same issue with the worldwide basemap on road... It was always slightly shifted to the left. With the maps loaded now (Thanks to Bu Salem!) it works perfectly fine...
Asemahmed

2013 maps were preloaded with worldwide base as mentioned by bambam, it's printing way out of position. If am on road it prints to other side of road, I don't have such issue with navi devices.
Asemahmed

Did it move around while you are stand still position?
Asemahmed

[quote=Bambam;32284]I had the same issue with the worldwide basemap on road... It was always slightly shifted to the left. With the maps loaded now (Thanks to Bu Salem!) it works perfectly fine...[/quote]

Did it move around while you are in stand still position. Like 10 meters away?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Are talking about 2013 GCC maps or worldwide ?
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Asemahmed

[quote=alshamsi_m;32289]Are talking about 2013 GCC maps or worldwide ?[/quote]

Garmin Montana 650 + City Navigator Middle East & North Africa 2013 (Preloaded).

BTW, i forget to share some thing. i discussed this problem with supplier. it seems US Army use Satellite to strike and they keep changing position that is why my device is changing positions. so, my device is some how reacting to US Army satellite. imagine US Army with Montana 650 in their fighter JET, NO Wonder they Keep missing targets because MONTHA 650 never stay at fixed position :011::011::011::011:
muaz

[quote=Asemahmed;32290]Garmin Montana 650 + City Navigator Middle East & North Africa 2013 (Preloaded).

BTW, i forget to share some thing. i discussed this problem with supplier. it seems US Army use Satellite to strike and they keep changing position that is why my device is changing positions. so, my device is some how reacting to US Army satellite. imagine US Army with Montana 650 in their fighter JET, NO Wonder they Keep missing targets because MONTHA 650 never stay at fixed position :011::011::011::011:[/quote]

in fact there is no fixed position in the space and the GPS receiver must acquire signals from at least four satellites to reliably calculate a three-dimensional position. Ideally, these satellites should be distributed across the sky. The receiver performs mathematical calculations to establish the distance from a satellite, which in turn is used to determine its position. The GPS receiver knows where each satellite is the instant its distance is measured. This position is displayed on the datalogger and saved along with any other descriptive information entered in the field software(your map).

what I experience before:
1-device most be placed at good reception position in the car
2-my car tint
is interfering the signal strongly(especially V-Cool because they use metal heat rejection technology)
3-external GPS antenna can solve all above
geekgirl_5

It sounds awesome but I have to work tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=muaz;32292]in fact there is no fixed position in the space and the GPS receiver must acquire signals from at least four satellites to reliably calculate a three-dimensional position. Ideally, these satellites should be distributed across the sky. The receiver performs mathematical calculations to establish the distance from a satellite, which in turn is used to determine its position. The GPS receiver knows where each satellite is the instant its distance is measured. This position is displayed on the datalogger and saved along with any other descriptive information entered in the field software(your map).

what I experience before:
1-device most be placed at good reception position in the car
2-my car tint
is interfering the signal strongly(especially V-Cool because they use metal heat rejection technology)
3-external GPS antenna can solve all above
[/quote]

You got all the points correctly :thumbsup:
Bambam
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Asemahmed;32288]Did it move around while you are in stand still position. Like 10 meters away?[/quote]

No movement but showing my location off the road... Weird... :wtfsmilie: