Liwa drive lite

Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I'm sorry to say this, you all missed one of the best nights and drives.

started with meeting Roberto, Bomolin, Zoro, Geni and Sophie in gestation and off to camp. and for some reason the most exiting topic we had was about poop, like where is the best place to poop in UAE, and how some apparently like to go to Dubai mall for that, and what countries we had different experience. how to solve some poop problems in public, and on and on, I learnt so much about it. but thanks to Bu Salim and Alfalasi, they came and changed the conversation to better topic.

We had awesome food by me and Geni and Roberto and Zoro, awesome coffee and Zatar tea by Bu Salim, and nice breakfast by Bomolin. Thanks to Sophie and Geni for preparing the food.

now THE DRIVE, loads of soft sand technical and sudden drops and high speed chase on fast sandy road, basically all you can ask for in one trip. all Intermediates advance marshals explorers. you missed the trip of your life, and you never seen me talk like this, to all the newbies that wanted to do this trip, believe me when I say, you should be happy marshals said no, it would have been bad bad bad, for sure constant stucks and most probably roll OVERSSSS, and 177km we did would have been shortened to 17km.

NO pop outs, one stuck that it was hard not to get stuck unless you've seen the track before.

I had issue with my flag that kept falling, I promise I will fix it this week, I'm sorry for that. no excuses for that. if we didn't stop to pick my flag we would have probably done 200km.

we did sow almost all the cars fly at some point, and by fly I do not mean and inch, I mean almost all 4 tiers were up.

Thanks Bu Salim for Awesome lead, and Roberto for marshaling the trip.

Bumolin, I think your Awesome driver and camper, always awesome to hang out with you.
Geni, I hope when I see you next time you will be with shampoo cleaning my car, she made a cocktail in my car from variety of things she splashed around.

Sophie, thanks for letting me teach you two words of spanish.

Alfalasi, you were the hot source of the trip, ok in my language its a good thing, I don't know how it sounds in english or your language.

oh oh oh
I sow DL distant family walking around my tint at night

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1748[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Just reached home from one of the most complete and amazing trip till now!:playingsmiley:

We met in Hameen Petrol pump when after a couple of minutes, Yoghybear and Arminjune and Geni arrived. A totaled FJ parked in the Petrol pump welcome us, which did not give a good feeling as starting point.

After a bit of Chit Chat we headed to Almost Camping in Liwa and there everything started...the 15PSI challenges became a kindergarten for us, reaching the Camping site at 35 PSI which I hope it did not give enough ideas to the only present marshall:X3: clutch was whining!

Arminjune delighted us with an amazing Afghani BBQ (Thanks to Geni AKA Afghani Master Chef and her assistant Sophie) meanwhile we were waiting for Bu Salem and Alfalasi to come, which near by the bonfire, it creates a perfect scenario for the night during a bit more of Chit Chat. Arrival of Chief and Alfalasi and quick jump into the tend for a not really cold night.

In the morning, Bu Salem advice us not to think it was going to be a really ¨challenging Liwa¨ as the main reason of that trip was to explore new areas for future tracks (We will keep the name of the track for the lucky ones in the convoy, once trip is announce we already knows what is waiting for us :killzonesmiley:)

VEEEERY fast track which suddenly a big drop showed us we cannot be overconfident, Liwa is Liwa and attention is a must under all circumstances.

An amazing ¨Liwa Highway¨which I believe was new for many of us, allow us to drive 100-120km/h in sand, except Alfalasi, flying with his Pathfinder (I do not know the speed, but when he overtook me i was at 110km/h...) even he did not reach Chief Bu salem...

The trip followed by an area very similar to the egg basket challenge but in big, with many smalls but technical dunes, which allows us to keep polishing our skills in terns of balance among speed/ control.

It was an amazing trip, thanks for Bu salem to show us Liwa from other perceptive, and Yoghybear to agree with Bu salem this trip was better with crew than only two marshalls:045:

Thanks to Zorro, Arminjune (You should thanks me to allow you polish your recovery skills):nose pick: and Alfalasi for the great time,

See you soon,
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Once again, to everyone that didn’t join the trip, you missed The Trip. On the other hand thank you for not coming; a small convoy is faster!! :-P

Unfortunately on Thursday while driving the RAM I saw that the car was heating up and later found that there is a leak.......fortunately we have the JK as “backup” the only problem is on who is going drive it, the solution we got for this w/e is that I drive it off road and yoghy drives it on road…

Anyway back to the trip, I’m not a fan of camping out as its cold, there are scary creatures around you as that far relative of DL :-P and Mainly you have to pack all up in the morning!! Still I have to say I enjoyed it as we had Really good Food and Mood, with deep conversations on relevant topics XD

The drive consisted of high-speed sections and technical ones. High speed doesn’t mean easy!! As we were driving constant at more than 100km/h (that’s probably the only part where I wished we had the RAM). The technical section is the Egg Basket kind of desert but bigger better and harder, at one point 1 got stuck in a little ditch, after chitchatting around and rescuing I did the same literally and I mean it! I got stuck too in same place but managed to self recover…XD

Liwa is Liwa you have to be ready to expect anything anytime and anywhere, it’s a deceiving desert.

Thank you Bu Salem for the great lead and the Zatar in the morning. as Bomolin mentioned you showed us a different prospective of the "usual" high dunes Liwa

Thank you Armin for the tasty food and Geni and Sophie for preparing it!!

Thank you Yoghybear for letting me drive your/mine car!!!

And last, again thankyou everyone for the awesome camp/drive!!
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am sorry to confirm that you missed something really special!
I will put this event in the top 3 of my off road life, and if you consider that I was not driving, this should give you a clear idea how good it was!!!
About the drive....all what an off roader can dream was put in these 177 km, all did a great job, only one stuck, stunning drive guys!
A big thanks to Bu Salem for the amazing lead, big thanks to Alfalasi, Armin, Geni, Bomolin, Sophie and Zorro for everything, it was a memorable event.
See you soon.....next time with the RAM.....
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Arminjune;31916]
oh oh oh
I sow DL distant family walking around my tint at night
[/quote]

[quote=Zorro;31925]

there are scary creatures around you as that far relative of DL :-P
[/quote]

Those SCARY :055: relatives were keeping watch over you guys, and made sure scarier creatures did not bother you :ORLY:. Glad you enjoyed the trip..