First Contact 2014

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sash716;31816]Hi Caprihorse, I apologize if my tone seemed like I was complaining, I was not and certainly didn't want to sound like I was. I simply asked a question, the same question another member (Cass) asked who was in the same situation as me and a few of the members pointed out the situation to him.

Andre explained it to me and referred me to the post so I can understand how the system works. I am thankful to him for doing so.

However, just because I misread and/or didn't understand a concept does not mean I can't listen and follow instructions during a trip. I am eager to learn all I can about driving in the desert.
Unlike some other drivers I've seen I'm not over confident and I know what I can and cannot do. I know the desert can be an unforgiving place and any little mistake can have dire consequences, not just for me but for anyone traveling with me and other drivers.

I also changed my country of origin, not sure how or why it was saying UAE. Perhaps when I was signing up I made a mistake and skipped it or didn't see it or something. Like everyone else here I understand the term: "Country of Origin" and the fact that I made a mistake does not mean you have be rude about it and insult someones intelligence. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes and clearly this was not a big mistake.

I again apologize if the tone of my previous message seemed rude and as if I was complaining.

Have a nice day[/quote]
Thanks for your deep explanation. If you think, that I was rude, you're mistaken, this is my style and you were served sugar coated.
Questions similar to yours we're getting regularly and from time to time we are answering it not only for individuals, but also for others, who are just giving questions without bothering to read a little bit more about the Club and to get more background information.
The country status help us to fight spammers and appropriate correct information is always an added value from all our valued members.
Thanks for your understanding and support.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sorry guys, going to play with the big boys:ninja:!
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

Have fun and drive safe
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello RedShark

We will not be anywhere near Moreeb . We will camp in Hameem and drive back to Al Ain
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=RedShark;31861]Hello Bu Salem,

Only Intermediates ? no room for 8+ maybe :)[/quote]

as I said on chat box ... if I was able to break a small part from your car in Al Faqaa ... then this track will be extremely challenging plus we will be doing more than 150 km in one shot ... no slow down ..

you can be my passenger if you like
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's really extremely challenging, especially from Hameem side, as you will be driving against very steep dunes and at the end, close to Oman border you will face a very long fence, which apparently doesn't have any gates and you will be forced to drive around through wild untouched dunes.