First Contact 2014

Detox

Unfortunately I got the notification after the places were all taken :(
On the waiting list ... Feeling Hopeful!!
Sash716
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=Andre;31798]Hi Sash716,

See this response from Strawb below.

Or check this one: http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthre...Grading-System[/quote]

Hi Andre, Thank you for your quick response I was out and couldn't reply till now. Thanks for the info I guess I misread something somewhere and didn't quite understand how the system works but now I know :)

Thanks
Lijo Lazer Korath

ohhhh i miss this, i am in a business trip till 5th jan, Enjoy friends.
Sash716
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=caprihorse;31803]It's advisable to study certain blogs before complaining or do you think that everyone has nothing better to do except at every trip to explain CM how and what to do? How we can then expect at the trips that you will listen to Marshal's safety instructions and commands?
BTW, can you also correct your Country of Origin to Iran? As you probably also didn't read or understand the meaning of this entry and you just clicked on something what was rolling around your mouse?[/quote]

Hi Caprihorse, I apologize if my tone seemed like I was complaining, I was not and certainly didn't want to sound like I was. I simply asked a question, the same question another member (Cass) asked who was in the same situation as me and a few of the members pointed out the situation to him.

Andre explained it to me and referred me to the post so I can understand how the system works. I am thankful to him for doing so.

However, just because I misread and/or didn't understand a concept does not mean I can't listen and follow instructions during a trip. I am eager to learn all I can about driving in the desert.
Unlike some other drivers I've seen I'm not over confident and I know what I can and cannot do. I know the desert can be an unforgiving place and any little mistake can have dire consequences, not just for me but for anyone traveling with me and other drivers.

I also changed my country of origin, not sure how or why it was saying UAE. Perhaps when I was signing up I made a mistake and skipped it or didn't see it or something. Like everyone else here I understand the term: "Country of Origin" and the fact that I made a mistake does not mean you have be rude about it and insult someones intelligence. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes and clearly this was not a big mistake.

I again apologize if the tone of my previous message seemed rude and as if I was complaining.

Have a nice day
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Sash716

Have a great weekend and I am sure that we'll be seeing you soon in the sand.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Deat Intermediates (6)
bombays
Bomolin
Iskander
OffroadRon
Sandskull
Zorro

What are you doing in newbies area .... come and join us in " Liwa drive lite "

See you there
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
TAURUS

[quote=alshamsi_m;31732]Man!!!

It will be a long time to meet Mini Me in person again after Al Faqaa .... Marshals BANNED him and got restricted to Intermediates and above :you're kidding, rig[/quote]

So sad....Mini ME
Sash716
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;31817]Hi Sash716

Have a great weekend and I am sure that we'll be seeing you soon in the sand.

Best Regards[/quote]

Hey Alshamsi,

Thanks :) I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any CM trips hehe I hope there will be one soon :)

Have fun on the trip and stay safe :)
Andre

[quote=Lijo Lazer Korath;31815]ohhhh i miss this, i am in a business trip till 5th jan, Enjoy friends.[/quote]

Ooohhh Lijo will miss your explorer on the sand...:sad:
Andre

[quote=Sash716;31814]Hi Andre, Thank you for your quick response I was out and couldn't reply till now. Thanks for the info I guess I misread something somewhere and didn't quite understand how the system works but now I know :)

Thanks[/quote]

You're most welcome...see you soon in the sand. Might catchup with you someday in the Newbie drive.

Cheers.