The Last of the Year

kerpas

Today I was on the Newbie 5- with Yoghybear, Strawb & Alkhatib. Really nice drive leaded by Strawb over small sharp dunes.

Compared with the last drive “Saturday Bear Hunt” it was much, much, much easier :have a nice day:. Easier doesn’t mean a bad thing, just different type of drive with some cresting and fun drive.

It was a privilege to follow Strawb and drive on the sides of the dunes behind him.

The issue with the FJ was solved last week, so today I was feeling that I could fly over the dunes without any problem :redbullsmiley:.

We had couple of stucks on the convoy but nothing significant, as always the Marshalls were very helpful and all the situations were solved very fast.

Once again thanks to Almost 4x4 and all the Marshalls for the organization of the drive, and all the support and patience with us while we are learning how to drive.

See you soon :thumbsup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1726[/ATTACH]
kerpas

[video=youtube_share;g5o6J3_yPrA][/video]
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wao....what a drive it was.....

I would like to start with a big thanks to all the marshals for organizing this year end drive....:encouragement:.....and specially for me it was a drive after almost a month and it was really great.....started with a small brief from the great shamsi, who challenged 5+ ppls to catch the Mini me (Definitely no one would have)...:Psmiley:....

This was my 6th drive with the club ....so officially now i can be in 5+ (at least on papers).:yaeh am not durnk:.... what a drive it was....Strawb started with small bowls....sharp turns with steep climbs...:O_O:..again bowl...and again sharp climb........and on on on.... phew....and than......zooooommmm..:zomg:..steep crests......OMG......and they continued .....wao....i was loving that but my wife who came with me first time was screaming like crazy :shocked:.....it was really a great experience....

We stopped at a point.....as some members got stuck behind....was just doing a normal look around my Goldy and found that front left side sway bar link is broken....oh no....first thing came to mind was, that, do i have to go back to the road now (I dont want to...:TT TT:)....and than Zicco & Lemboo came with the gods hands and they helped in removing that link and said no problem, you can continue the drive...:003:....what a relief......BIG thanks to Zicco, Lemboo, Khadib & Strawb for helping me on this....:applouse:

Finally Strawb announced on Radio.... and asked guys to speed up.....wao.....it was a rally style drive than.....amazing.....i loved the way strawb was going and the way my goldy was following (even without 1 link..)......

At last....again big thanks to all the marshals and to the ppls in the convoy, as without you there won't be a convoy...for making this Last of the Year trip a big success.

To all the members of my second family....Happy New Year >>>....in advance....:loyal:
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Todays drive was rather more technical for the 5+ . You know when they say small is powerful today i got to experience it in front of my eyes a 1.6 vitara leading the convoy while the 3.5+ beasts were following a site not to be missed at all :D. The drive was great . I somehow managed to get stuck in the same spot twice and rescued by rashidjass both the times (thanx for the rescue) . All in all the drive was a very succesful one everyone got home safely .thanx to all the marshals and founders for another succesful drive and cant wait for more drives in 2014 (i miss the sand already :ninja:)
RaZe

Awesome Awesome trip...:pacman:[IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/yahoo.gif[/IMG]

I was on the -5 trip lead by Strawb and Yogibear. It started with small crests and bowls...and then got harder by the distance and really fast....[IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/superman.gif[/IMG](for me.....), but due to some stucks in between i got time to get my heart beating again..[IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/heat.gif[/IMG]. At the end i was going from side to side like a roller coaster on rubber wheels....[IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/vi ... nen_08.gif[/IMG].

I would like to [IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/ju ... ankYou.gif[/IMG] Yogibear [IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/buba.gif[/IMG]for arranging such a great trip and strawb [IMG]http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/personal/blind.gif[/IMG]in leading this convoy and it was all worth for me coming from abudhabi just for this trip, and it is a real memory to be stored before this year ends.

Happy new year to all the Marshalls and Members of AlMost 4x4 , see you next year.....
Andre

First of all thanks to all who make The Last of The Year trip happens, to Founders and Marshals to every members thank you. It was a magnificient drive. :045:

This is my third (3rd) Newbie drive, Al Shamsi told us this drive will be tricky and fun, but for me this is really tricky and very technical one because of the nature of the site and the way our lead (strawb) taught us. Though the dunes were small (not all) but the sand and crests were soft and sharp. Thankfully my car performs very well aside from one belly stuck which was quickly recovered thanks to Al khatib and Zicco.

This trip I learned more how to drive around the bowls into the bowls, step climb, sharp climb, ascend, descend, side to side with different speeds. In some point I hesitated and loosed my momentum to climb a small sharp turn bowl which is dangerous for a rollover luckily the instructions and tips and the threads in the website were very helpful on how to overcome on that situation.

Once again thanks Strawb for the challenging lead and the Marshals who sweep and did the rescue, looking ahead for the next one and advance happy New Year to everyone.:have a nice day:
TAURUS

It was the last wonderful drive of 2013 with ALMOST 4X4 .We were divided into two convoys 5- & 5+, I was in the 5+, lead by ( MINI ME) Bu Salem, Sweep by Abu Jimmy.

There was a pop-out within the first three minutes, after repair then Mini ME showed real fun.:like:

Very interesting dunes with lot of dancing crests….

Hope this was a perfect drive for the newbies to improve their skills and built confident.

One more thing MINI ME is MINI ME…:like:

One again thanks to ALMOST 4x4 club, Marshals & Members…

Hope to see u all in 2014...
sanbloody

An excellent event to end the year.....thanks Marshals
Looking forward to begin the year with another trip!!!!

Big Hug to ALMOST 4x4 club, Marshals & Members…
muaz

What a path criteria you expecting when your leader (Bu Salem) declare to get all pursuer’s stuck as a promise at the briefing announcement!! Oh My God.
you will start thinking of the judgment day? Embarrassment day? Trimming wings day? Challenge day? Demonstration day? Next level training? Or maybe assessment to the selected next promotion.
It’s a privilege, first car behind Bu Salem and I can see him watching his back pursuer’s victims every turn more than his front like nothing easier than this even with Mini Me.
The most wonderful high performance training with adrenaline rush so far.
This trip allowed me to know how to control my wheels with zero spinning (accept playing time, sorry Bu Salem, I was trying to test my new clutch).
Thanks to everyone who made it successful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1741[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.