The Gold CM

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

We all met at Nazwa shops , moved to deflation point on time . Al Thahab and Bu Salem gave a detailed briefing to our first timers and fresh newbies , split the convoys & we were on the move around 09:00 am . I was doing rescue along with Rashid Jass for the club member convoy with Al Thahab leading and DL on the sweep . The rout was a perfect match for our CM ( smooth & entertaining ) with a good variety of sightseeing and dunes formations . all the drivers did very well , covering a very good distance with few second rounds, only one stuck & no pop-outs at all . The weather was amazing as I didn't feel the time passing until we reached Al badayer shops around 11:30 and it was called a day .

Thanks to Al Thahab for the well chosen rout & great lead , D.L. for a very well done job sweeping and Rashid Jass for the support and rescue .

Special thanks to all participating drivers for convoy discipline , following instructions , excellent driving & making this Friday morning trip such fun and joy .
What goes around , comes around .
cyanide

I was in the newbie convoy joined after a long break so a refreshing course was needed and got it, lead by Alkhatib and sweep by Alshamsi always great to have their company enjoyed the trip and learned to have control over my nerves.. :scared: all the other marshals were there in times of trouble to guide us awaiting other trips to polish my skills
geekgirl_5

My first desert drive with my new baby and you guys made it amazing. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. At no stage do you feel looked down upon.

To the marshals, you command respect without ego, and that is rare. I learnt so much just from the demo with the "economic crisis" cars.

The calm encouragement and instruction was perfect on the dunes, especially those times I dug in and lost the tracks

I enjoyed every part of the day, especially learning about the convoy layout. I learnt the correct way to approach a dune, how to use gravity properly ;-) and - even though you're convinced your car is gonna do a "bolmakissie" * - it's OK to just let it go.

Thank you again
*Afrikaans word for somersault
muslimfaisal

Thank you so much guys, I was a little worried that my AWD might be able to cope... but the encouragement and the guidance was great! We made it all the way!

I have plenty of pictures and videos to share and will try and post the links here in a few days!
kerpas

Really nice drive, I was honoured to drive behind the leading marshal. It was a real privilege to follow him and learn.

The track was as expected on the Newbie level, adequate speed for the level of the members on the convoy with very few stops or stucks. The grading system on the club really works, and all the drivers were driving very nicely and it was obvious that all of us were very comfortable with the drive.

At one point of the drive we approached Pink Rock, I was getting excited with the challenge :pacman:… thinking about the climb… but we passed around and continue. Maybe next time! :grin:

Near the Pink Rock we had a moment to enjoy the views and relax for a while before starting the journey back to inflation point at Al Badayer.

Once again special thanks to all marshals for the nice drive and support. :thumbsup:
Sebastian Goy

It was my first desert drive with almost 4x4 and I really had a great time. In the very beginning people were smiling at me and my little white Duster and some of the Marshals thought they would have better stayed at home when they realized that I was serious to take the Renault Duster with 2.0l engine to the desert. Well, got stuck once, tried self recovery without luck and was then pulled out by the great marshals and team. Climbed the Marlboro Rock in the second try, first tyre pressure was too high with 12psi and did not have enough speed. Enjoyed the introduction and discipline of the whole convoy combined with lots of fun. Amazing club with nice people and a beautiful start into the weekend. Look forward to the first newbie drive.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sebastian Goy;31465]It was my first desert drive with almost 4x4 and I really had a great time. In the very beginning people were smiling at me and my little white Duster and some of the Marshals thought they would have better stayed at home when they realized that I was serious to take the Renault Duster with 2.0l engine to the desert. Well, got stuck once, tried self recovery without luck and was then pulled out by the great marshals and team. Climbed the Marlboro Rock in the second try, first tyre pressure was too high with 12psi and did not have enough speed. Enjoyed the introduction and discipline of the whole convoy combined with lots of fun. Amazing club with nice people and a beautiful start into the weekend. Look forward to the first newbie drive.[/quote]
Pls allow me a simple question. Where is Marlboro Rock?
Asemahmed

it was an amazing drive.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1713[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1715[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1716[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sebastian Goy

Wasn't it called Marlboro Rock? Please correct me if I am wrong, or was it the Marlboro drop?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sebastian Goy;31587]Wasn't it called Marlboro Rock? Please correct me if I am wrong, or was it the Marlboro drop?[/quote]
Can you post a pic or GPS coordinates, to better understand what you are talking about?