?? PSI Challenge

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

All the intermediates were on time and from our meeting point approx. 10km from the Al Madam roundabout we made our way to the deflation point.
The test for us today was that we were only allowed to deflate to ?? PSI ... also the trip was in an unfamiliar area for most of us - with really soft sand , irregular dune formations and ditches generously scattered all over the terrain.

The drive started at 8:15am ... everybody drove well and we arrived at Badayer at 11:30am... NOT!!! :x_x:

Well the departure and arrival times are correct, but what happened in between is quite different from what we are now accustomed to.:ka boom:
I guess Yoghybear was out to teach us a lesson ... most of the intermediates had become complacent and today's drive was a 'wake up call:2 z Z: ..
The added PSI in the tyres did not help and the drive felt like a CM drive ... we had 3 stucks and a pop out in quick succession:burnt: ... so there was enough time for chit chat and photos:playingsmiley: ... thereafter everyone seemed to settle down and the trip proceeded at a quick pace till Super Bowl ...

From Super Bowl to Badayer was familiar territory and the convoy proceeded at a swift pace with only one cresting close to the end , to finish the drive on the same note we started .

For me , this was redemption after my infamous Liwa popout ... I managed to evade MDG!!!:thumbsup: .. (... but I'm sure my time will come once again) The added tyre pressure helped me to understand my vehicle's steering capabilities much better and soft sand made for an exciting drive... All in all, a good day to drive !!:redbullsmiley:

Thanks Yoghybear for the interesting track ! .... Please keep them coming :on fire:
Thanks Strawb for the great sweep !:meta knight:
Thanks to everyone else for keeping the drive lively.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The intermediates did an awesome job today ....

It looked like a military convoy with the 2 ninja turtle jks both on lead and sweep

Yoghy opened the challenge with an immediate high climb which caught the challengers by suprise ..... yoghys lead definitely challenged the drivers today in all aspects .....

correction iqsaan ..... but there were 4 stucks and 1 pop out and countless 2nd, 3rd and 4th tries but all was fun and good for training your offroad skills

I finished drive with 16.3psi ..... and rattled every knot and bolt in my jk

Now go tighten the bolts on your cars ....

Cheers
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hello people,

[video=youtube;XHRrtqFxTE4][/video]

This is my trip report, which was done in cooperation with Fida.....Thank you Fida, and hope the camera didn't scratch the car at the end.
I wish i could have drove.... but anyway it was also great fun being in the leading car as passenger!!

Take Care
Raf
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have to correct both Iqsaan and Strawb, actually the stucks were 5 (five!)
It was a good day, new area for most of the drivers, including me, and drive with 15 PSI is really something different, a real challenge.
Nevertheless, despite the stucks and the pop out (!), every one did a good job!
Get ready for the next challenge, I am cooking something special for you guys....... :thumbsup:
Cheers
Yoghy
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Unfortunately no one else wants to make trip reports
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

I missed the fun:sad:. Had to cancel last minute as baby niece fell ill.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Yoghybear;31467]I have to correct both Iqsaan and Strawb, actually the stucks were 5 (five!)
It was a good day, new area for most of the drivers, including me, and drive with 15 PSI is really something different, a real challenge.
Nevertheless, despite the stucks and the pop out (!), every one did a good job!
Get ready for the next challenge, I am cooking something special for you guys....... :thumbsup:
Cheers
Yoghy[/quote]
Wow, 5 stucks on a single trip. Isn't it too much? Based on some pics, I could see that stucks were not due to pressure, but due to landing in a ditch. Why? Lack of concentration or you think I'm too far???
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;31485]Wow, 5 stucks on a single trip. Isn't it too much? Based on some pics, I could see that stucks were not due to pressure, but due to landing in a ditch. Why? Lack of concentration or you think I'm too far???[/quote]

5 distinct stucks over 11 drivers is quite a lot.....but am happy about that...LOL....
Difficult to find a reason, I have driven and chose the path as if I had 10 psi, perhaps someone was thinking that I would have chosen a dedicated path and was not ready for the real challenge, except of OffroadRon, all the others were crested....that means lack of concentration and/or not feeling the car.....
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

@Yoghybear , Caprihorse ... the last few intermediate drives were all about high dune hunting ... I would personally prefer small dunes and soft sand which makes for more technical driving to further enhance our skills ... the Schwaib playground was an excellent choice ... A few more of these drives and we will be 'advanced' intermediates
fida
Advance
Advance

Gentlemen, it was really a great drive where I enjoyed at most while keeping up my pace with Youghy being a second lead. It was fast and furios and real rally style. Regarding stucks of my fellow drivers, I would say it was just a fear of driving on high psi which needed bit adjustments on overall momentum and pace. We always need to approach every dune knowing exactly the limit of our car (on any psi) and act accordingly. I am sure there was lot learnt and the best part was that we all had fun in great weather. But We miss our good old Capri on this day. Hope we will drive together again.