Back To Sand

Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Back To Sand: Newbie -5 Convoy Trip Report

Thank you all for making my first official drive as Explorer a successful one. The trip plan was to gather at 7:30am at AL Badayer shops, and move by 8:00, and head to Pink Rock, get on top of Pink Rock and come back.

We had our briefing after we crossed the bridge. In the briefing, we all introduced our selves to each other, and went over the basic rules of Almost4x4, covering safety, convoy organization and caring for the environment. Abu Jimmy introduced me to the group as the lead.
We moved on at good pace to our target Pink Rock, and we had minor hurdles.

When we were close to Pink Rock, Abu Jimmy gave everyone a surprise, and we circled around Pink Rock and drove up Marlboro drop. Then we headed to Pink Rock where we had a nice short break and moved back to Al Badayer Shops; inflated our tires, chatted a bit then said our goodbyes.

Everyone did very well, and I like to think we had good time; please let me know if you feel any differently.

I am sincerely grateful to Abu Jimmy's support and guidance and for everyone's excellent participation and cooperation.

Here's the group photo on Pink Rock
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1686[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andre

Thanks DL and Abu Jimmy for today's trip and support, it was fantastic! Looking ahead for the next one...

Have Added some photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1717[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1718[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1719[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1721[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1722[/ATTACH]
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Newbies 5+ convoy
Well, we also had lots of fun too! The convoy was quite long with I think 13 cars, led by Strawb with Yoghybear as sweep.

The aim was to keep correct distance, speeding up and slowing down according to the lead.

The sand conditions where challenging in places with lots of tracks and ruts, and some areas of very soft sand. Strawb pushed us and varied the pace, throwing in a few tricky side-slopes and made the drive interesting and varied. There were therefore a few second-rounds, a few stucks and a couple of tows.

I enjoyed myself and certainly had to concentrate and focus in places. In fact at one point I was concentrating so much that I nearly left my passenger behind!

Many thanks as always to the organisers.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
kerpas

Thank you very much Desert Lizard & Abu Jimmy, I really enjoy the day.

See you soon !!!
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

The I/A convoy consisted of 10 cars including the leading Marshal Faisal and sweeper hockey. We had Delta for the rescue who was undisturbed in the whole trip as there were ZERO stucks and pop-outs.

As every leader has a different style of leading, Faisal has a pretty surprising one. His leads consists of all type of dunes, so just when you think that its a technical drive, suddenly you see the convoy in high speed on the top of huge dunes. :like:

With no stucks or pop-outs, just very few 2nd rounds, we drove to Iftar bowl and returned around 10:30.

Another lovely start to the weekend !

Thank you All for making it a safe and exciting trip.

See you all in sand soon !:048:
Arif

Nice scenic drive ,DL took some interesting lines.Thanks a lot Abu Jimmy for organizing and everybody in our convoy for the great company. hope to see u guys soon.
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

i am happy that you guys enjoyed your drives
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The drivers in the newbie 5+ convoy did very well

We hope that you can continue to learn with almost4x4 in the same manner that we have

A big heartfelt thank you to YOGHYBEAR for the continuous support and guidance as always

keep the sand flying and see you this coming weekend

cheers