Back To Sand

TAURUS

Thanks for the wonderful drive lead by Strawb with Yogy as Sweep...

Hope all enjoyed the drive...Expecting more more challenging drives...

Here are some snaps for you guys:-
https://www.facebook.com/nibu.varghese. ... tif_t=like

Hope to see u soon...
Vishal

yesterday was a really good day ! :D
thanks to all the marshals for their support and helping us and for making this trip ! :D
me and my passenger had really a lot of fun ! :D
just hoped that the weather would have been a bit better !
Mubz

Well Where do you I begin,

I was caught up by Accident on E311 ( Shk Mohammad bin Zayed Road) although guy did not have Almost4x4 sticker on it but had humanity sticker so had to help him out, so I was late, so I called abuy jimmy for further instructions and I was advised to meet at pink rock. and my heat was pounding already as this was my first time entering into sand on my own with no Marshals around I was excited and nervous as well what if I get stuck.

Anyways I got to 2nd December deflated and headed towards Pink Rock, this was my very own OO solo Mio, or Egg Basket run, it was December the 13th and I did not want to be victim of December 13th. So slowly but surely I made my was to Pink Rock and minutes later I was at Pink Rock, and I reported my status. From Far I could see some small convoys ( 3-5) Cars and I knew these are not Almost4x4, and then from the Distance I could see a Giant Snake Crawling the Dunes and I could tell from distance that's not a Snake thats My 2nd Family, so I couldn't wait any longer and found my way around the dunes and moments later I was re united with my family and I was relaxed.

After that I was the last car before the sweeper, and then we found our way around the dunes professional and Almost4x4 way, I had flat tyre half way through the trip and with help of fellow Almosters we managed to replace the tyre in no time. Thanks alot to Alok, Muaz, and everyone who helped.

Rest of the trip for me was driving on 3.5 wheel as the spare was 175/70R15 compared to 255/70/R15 but I think me and the car did well till the end.

Strawb took us to to some interesting tracks some nice climbs with loads of soft sand and loads of tracks. Thanks Strawb.

Yoghy was the last car and he was monitoring the convoy like it should be non stop support all the time. It was great. ( Thanks alot Yoghy)

Special Thanks to Abu Jimmy for arranging the trip and once again a Very special Thanks for letting me join the convoy Although I was late, it Means alot to me. I promise I will try to be on time as always.

And last but not the least Thanks to everyone who joined us it was pleasure meeting you all and driving with you guys.

See you soon in Sands.
Fahad Jeeper

Thank you Abu Jimmy & DL. it was an excellent trip and this is why im back to the website looking for the next one.
Hope to see you next time.
delta83
Advance
Advance

it is always great catching up with our second family, and woow for me there was alot of new faces :D
all Intermediate drivers did very well, big thanks for Faisal for the nice lead and hokey for the sweep and all drivers
just a note, as driving in convoy drivers should keep an eye on the cars behind them so the convoy dont split, badayer area is easy territory to search and find the way back
, in other areas it wont be a simple task to find the rest of the convoy hence we should wait for each others
muaz

Am not sure if there was a campers when I arrived in the morning but I can feel it somehow, I wish I were invited since I say it in the thread, no issues at all it might be a private one.

No wonder how much challenge you face when you drive at the end of the convoy, even though it’s still my favorite position because I found it as a golden opportunity to increase my skills faster and faster(easy way to get lost, stuck), watching others carefully and learning from all of you at its best.
The eagle eye of Yoghy just directly behind, keep forcing me to stay calm and under control and you want to know how I feel. Like the second lead from the back lol.
The leadership of Strawb has a different taste and takes your adrenaline extremely high because he want to drive our maximum strength and he successfully did.
Thanks to all who made this trip come truth.

[IMG][/IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear members,

The trip reports are not mandatory however the club would really appreciate the feedback from its members thru trip reports to further improve our weekend adventures ....

The founders/marshals/explorers/crew plan the weekend trips to not only enhance the camaredrie of the community but to develop each and every almosters offroad skills ....

We do not ask for anything in return but we would appreciate feedback may it be good or bad for our future development....

Cheers
Eric Hummer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you to Strawb and Yogy for a very interesting drive…….the proper distance and keeping the pace is the real lesson in this drive in which the convoy lead (Strawb) and the clear advice of Yogy showed well to all of us on that day..

The Almost 4x4 family really provides real satisfaction during weekend where you learn and enjoy the great company of all the members….

Thank you to Abu Jimmy for organising this trip….:thumbsup:
Alok708

Well friends,

I was in the 5+ convoy with Strawb leading and Yogybear watching our back. I had a guest with me as passenger who was pretty much a first timer to the desert. In the initial briefing itself Strawb clarified a couple of things viz:

1. We shall drive safari style,
2. The marshals want to specifically observe how well the drivers maintain distance and
3. This shall be an interesting drive.

While on the face of it the brief may sound little generic, however the marshals really lived up to what was said and focussed on these specific things. Surely this clear focus gave the drive a different flavour. I enjoyed the drive thoroughly and so did my guest. Infact I had really not come mentally prepared for an intense drive, but I guess was able to maintain pace and traction throughout and really enjoyed the drive. While the drive was intense and fast, but we surely felt safe at all times.

Kudos to the marshals and all the co-drivers for making my day. Thanks.

Alok