Drive Hard 7.1

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Drivers, who were deleted from the registration, should place their name into the waiting list for later Marshals' reconsideration, just not to be forgotten.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alshamsi_m;30829]Okay Guys/Girls

We have 7 seats available in the CAMP and 7 in Day 2 for newbies

Good Luck[/quote]

I initially put my name but remove it because my Jeep is throwing error codes. Will join in next trip.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Advice please...
I have the Green 20lt Jerry can with release valve , however I was considering buying two 10lt plastic jerry cans(no valve) from Ace as they would be easier to carry inside the vehicle.
Has anyone used the plastic type before ? Are they any good ?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The plastic ones have been known to leak and release the petrol smell while your ac is on ...

Refer to page 1 of this thread for the recommended jerry cans ...

However at the end of the day its your decision as long as you adhere to the trips requirements ....

We have bee there and we want the members to avoid mistakes which were done before in order to save your time and money ...... we dont wanna say that we told you so

Cheers
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Iqsaan;30858]Advice please...
I have the Green 20lt Jerry can with release valve , however I was considering buying two 10lt plastic jerry cans(no valve) from Ace as they would be easier to carry inside the vehicle.
Has anyone used the plastic type before ? Are they any good ?[/quote]

I was using one plastic for a short period of time. Yes it was smelling...
muaz

the green jerry can is so rusty from inside, it can easily reflect your petrol color, if you keep petrol inside that will be fine but when you store it there will be no guarantee
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Two more things would be wise to get.

1- Valves. If you don't have steal ones. They tend to break eventually.
2- belt. In case it falls or gets cut
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=muaz;30863]the green jerry can is so rusty from inside, it can easily reflect your petrol color, if you keep petrol inside that will be fine but when you store it there will be no guarantee[/quote]

Please ensure you buy a galvanised jerry can ... these are rust resistant
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=strawb;30860]The plastic ones have been known to leak and release the petrol smell while your ac is on ...

Refer to page 1 of this thread for the recommended jerry cans ...

However at the end of the day its your decision as long as you adhere to the trips requirements ....

We have bee there and we want the members to avoid mistakes which were done before in order to save your time and money ...... we dont wanna say that we told you so

Cheers[/quote]

[quote=caprihorse;30861]I was using one plastic for a short period of time. Yes it was smelling...[/quote]

Thanks Chief , Strawb for the advice ... I will stick to the one I have.
muaz

[quote=Iqsaan;30865]Please ensure you buy a galvanised jerry can ... these are rust resistant[/quote]
With reference to the post below they are talking about the cheap one which will never come galvanised.
The stainless steel one is the best.