[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track49.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make the Thursday camp, but I had a brilliant drive in Bu Salem’s 'convoy 4' today, in a part of the UAE that I don’t know well.

Obviously the weather changed the sand’s consistency, and being the last convoy meant that some of the climbs were a bit ‘churned up’, which made them more fun! Lots of momentum and driving on 15psi tyres gave a different style of drive to the norm.
It was fun to be out in such beautiful soundings, lovely to see the ghaf trees and camels, and we had some very clear views across the dunes to the mountains behind. All laid out for us with a mix of rain, clouds and sun. In fact we did the ‘Ascend to Heaven’ climb just in time to hit rain at the top; perhaps that’s what it’s like up there!

Thanks to all the organisers for another great event.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
TAURUS

Once again another wonderful drive with Almosters:like:

Around 43 Km fast off-roading was a great experience for me for this weather condition.

Thanks for the wonderful lead by Starwb and great support from Yoghybear, Faisal, Zico and rest of the drivers.

Hers some pics of the drive:-
https://www.facebook.com/nibu.varghese. ... 409&type=3

Waiting for the next drive....
Vishal

good morning almosters ! :D
yesterdays trip was just awesome ! :D
the weather was really good got experience of how to drive in rainy season !
thank you marshals and other intermediate drivers for your support ! :D
yesterdays trip just made my day ! :D
i always wanted to go off road while it rains and thanks to almost my dream came true ! :D
Sambhu

Yes Friends , The Morning Drive was amazing with starwb,s 'convoy 3.'
Thanks to Starwb for leading our convoy and great support from Yoghybear, Faisal, Zico , abu tariq and rest of the drivers.
and the Rain made the drive more fun , will never forget this.

And many thanks to Al Shamshi , Caprihourse and Alkhatib and all Marshalls for arrange this event and hope they arrange more in future.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

First of all many many thanks to the organisers of the camp and trip, another astonishing event which is all down to the dedication and professionalism of the Marshalls, Founders and Members of this amazing club.

For the first time I managed to convince my wife to Camp - hence after stocking up on the necessary equipment during the week we were all ready - then the weather forecast and conditions! After many hours of further convincing, we headed up the 611 towards RAK. Arriving at the camp, a few Members and Marshalls were already there and round the camp fire and Majilis. After a few hellos and welcomes, we set up our tents. My friend Jason aka Dessert Stormer was really looking forward to the camp and his first drive with Almost 4x4 but as we were setting up the tents there was an almighty BANG and HISSSSSS from his TJ, bringing inquisitive people out from the main camp. His top radiator hose had blown off and emptied the coolant. The hose was undamaged, although Chief Marhsall's advice was that the car should not go out to the Desert until the engine and systems were checked out properly. This put a bit of a dampener on the evening, the BBQ challenge made things better then the weather turned and made things damp again (very damp!!). After very little sleep, we all awoke to a nice calm morning, to lift the feelings again. We struck camp and were ready to head back to Dubai with the sick TJ when a solution was found - I allowed Jason to drive the Green Giant to earn his first star and the family (ladies) would travel with Mubz for the drive! Excellent solution. We dumped the sick car byu the gate to the Banyan Tree and returned to Camp for the briefings.

Onto the drive; We were split into 4 groups, Jason and the Green Giant were put into Al Shamsi's convoy, which was last to set off. A good pace was maintained throughout the morning, which started in sunny conditions and gradually depreciated into thunder, lightning and heavy rain as the drive went on. There were a couple of stucks requiring recoveries, and a few sufferings from the CMs at the front of the convoy. Even the mighty Al Shamsi had a bit of bother, but was very quickly recovered. The track was heavily churned in a lot of places however it turned out to be a great experience for all. We all made it back safely to the ADNOC station, re-inflated, said our goodbyes and went on our way home, dirty, exhausted but highly invigorated by the activities of the previous 18 hours or so.

Once again, thanks to everyone for organising, great to see so many new Almosters out there and looking forwards to seeing you all out there in the sand soon.

I have some video footage and photos to edit and upload - watch this space over the next couple of days. :045:
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great Report , Green Giant!:thumbsup:
... I'm sure Bu Salem's stuck was a demonstrative one for the benefit of the newbies/club members.
Hassanz

Thank you Almost 4x4 crew for the awesome camping trip. I must the best trip till date I ever trip had in the desert. I never used to camp in the desert but I had a six sense that this trip its going to be fun. The people we met were really hospitable, enjoyed the best of weather....

Again thank u for evryone who made trip possible, !!