Free Bees

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

After assembling at the Sweihan camp site , the group was split into two convoys.

The newbie 5+ convoy was lead out by Caprihorse with the explorers Strawb & Rashidjass in sweep.
The newbie 2+ convoy had Bu Salem at point and Yoghybear bringing up the rear.

We ,intermediates were assigned to rescue duty in the newbie 2+ convoy .
The overall terrain in the area was tricky for these novice offroaders , however our lead ensured that the route was kept simple with a few technical areas to spice up things . It was pleasing to see all drivers maintain proper convoy discipline and noticeably improve their skills as the drive progressed. A few stucks and retries and one stuck in a dangerous position which was safely self-recovered with the guidance of the marshals.

We departed from the camp at around 9:15am and arrived at our exit point 11km from Sweihan at 11:30am.

Thanks to marshals for organising the trip
Thanks to all the friendly Almosters for a good morning in the sand
Vishal

Good morning !
The trip last morning was just amazing !! :D
Im happy that it all went out really smoth and it was really alot of fun ! :D
Thanks alot shamshi for the trip and intermidiate drivers for your support !!
Really did learn alot from you guys ! :D
It was an amazing day with an amazing wether !! :D
Hope to see you all soon next weekend !! :D
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

We started with the camp Thursday evening. The night was cool which i was dying for so i enjoyed a good sleep in the tent :)

I was driving in the 2+ convoy. Probably i am that serious stuck which Iqsaan mentioned. By the help of our marshals and their instructions i was able to self recover from the situation.

The drive was educating and fun, not much problems overall. Thanks to our marshals for their lead, our intermediate friends who drove with us for their assist, friendly approach and sharing of information.

See you all in the next drive...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Summary

Distance: 34.2 km
Area: 14.9 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 3:16:51
Moving Time: 1:19:45
Stopped Time: 1:57:06

Speed
Avg: 10 km/h
Avg Moving: 26 km/h
Max: 82 km/h

Elevation
Min: 167 m
Max: 293 m
Ascent: 895 m
Descent: 881 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track48.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Oggy

The 5+ drive was also great fun. My first trip to to Sweihan and I'm very impressed. The dunes held some challenges and Caprihorse did a great job of stretching us all. I'm still learning a new style, driving with bigger tyres so really enjoyed it.
Mubz

Well what can I say, I was the 2nd one to reacht he meting point after Sandskul, and then everyone started to come one by one we then moved to the camp site, camp site was good fun met new people and have chit chat, then headed back to car to have some sleep and it was cold night so slept well.

Next Morning we had 2 convoys 2+ and 5+ I was in 5+ lead by Chief and swept by RashidJass and Strawb.

The drive was amazing any lead by chief teaches you alot and this drive was one fo them I got to learn how to drive in techinally high dunes :) we headed to Al Naqra dune where we had a chance to check how good the cars are :) and some of the them were good and some were v.good :)

And towards the end we had double pop out from FJ and had to wait like 30-45 minutes ( free tanning session). but it was fixed by strawb and rashid jass and we were off to the road again,

In short Drive was a great learning curve

Special Thanks to Marshals and organizers
Special Thanks to Chief for amazing lead
Special Thanks to Strawb and Rashid Jass for support
Specila Thanks to everyone who joined the Camp and morning Drive it was fun driving with you guys.

See you soon at RAS with BBQs
muaz

it was amazing to drive directly behind our Chief capri for a while and then i moved to the last due to better convoy arrangement, at that time i realized how much wonderful to see all drivers behave and brush up the best moves at the right time and place.

it was not easy to handle the FJ situation when start slanting at the bottom of the V sand where the dune meet the next dune.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1660[/ATTACH]

you can see obviously Almosters reaction as team work when it comes to help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1661[/ATTACH]

thanks to everyone who made it success.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=muaz;30530]it was amazing to drive directly behind our Chief capri for a while and then i moved to the last due to better convoy arrangement, at that time i realized how much wonderful to see all drivers behave and brush up the best moves at the right time and place.

it was not easy to handle the FJ situation when start slanting at the bottom of the V sand where the dune meet the next dune.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1660[/ATTACH]

you can see obviously Almosters reaction as team work when it comes to help.

thanks to everyone who made it success.[/quote]
Great graphic, actually as I was driving this side dune (you can see my track at top right), I was thinking, if somebody makes this wrongly, he will get pop-out, but I didn't expect double. Actually the left rear tyre was cut, due to the construction design failure at FJ. We witnessed this problem (not issue) several times at extreme sliding.
TAURUS

It was a amazing experience at sweihan desert lead by carpihorse with beautiful dunes with lot of crests... Personally i enjoyed this trip ..Hope all of you had great time too.

Here are some pics of the drive:-
https://www.facebook.com/nibu.varghese. ... 409&type=3

Thanks to Carpihorse, RashidJass & Strawb for the wonderful drive...