How I Drive Now

Mubz

[quote=kovo;30076]im getting my new car tomorrow , is ok to drive it stright from the dealer to the desert ? or is that a bad thing ? ive read alot about engine brake in but nothing about offroading brake in ????[/quote]

Congratulation Kovo,

In my opinion its is recommended to drive atleast 5000 Km before you take it to dessert, because all the part / mechanics brakes will adjust according to your driving style and in first 1000-2000 Kms you will come to know what is working and how its working, besides its always recommended to drive a club member drive with your new toy as club member drives are considerably easies than newbie or newbie 5+ and you can learn houw your car behaves in different situations.

Rest if you feel confident about brining it to the dessert straight from dealership then why not :)

I would still recommend check with Marshals or Chief marshal as they know best
muaz

[quote=kovo;30076]im getting my new car tomorrow , is ok to drive it stright from the dealer to the desert ? or is that a bad thing ? ive read alot about engine brake in but nothing about offroading brake in ????[/quote]

The reason you break in a new car is to 'seat' various parts within the engine. In the first few hours of the operation of a new engine some parts will shift a minute amount in relation to other parts that they interact with. Also some parts like the rings on the pistons need to get a bit of a polish on them and better conform themselves to the cylinder walls to operate most efficiently. If the engine is stressed before the breaking in process has happened the various parts within it can develop unnatural wear patterns and fail earlier that they would have otherwise why the manufacturers must requist the first oil services shortly? It contain lots of filings.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got my jk from the dealer thursday evening .... went home .... then went straight to desert

But thats just me

And thats why we have warranties
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

I was enjoying off-roading Sweihan desert when I got mine. Don't remember the exact mileage, but what I know that it was below 1000 km. it's a Jeep thing. :thumbsup:
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Very congratulation new ride toy bro, hope you enjoy it safely.
As well said by one of our brothers that the new engines are in pre-running prior getting out of the factory,

Having few tips from the seniors to run the car off road ,you may head the desert directly without looking behind as 4 of my friends did with 2013 Jeeps driven directly from showroom to the showsand.

My 0.01 Fils
Oxana
Intermediate
Intermediate

Guys, do you still have any room available for the late registered Warrior with two ladies on board at the camp tonight? :)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Separate PM was sent to campers and drivers selected by Marshals for next day drive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1635[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.