How I Drive Now

Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;30067]What do you mean?[/quote]

sorry chief... I meant an intermediate trip was announced and I can not join two trip in the same time...that is why I pull my name out of this trip list...
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

I've shifted my registration to the intermediate trip ... Thanks AlKhatib
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Bu-Shahid;30068]sorry chief... I meant an intermediate trip was announced and I can not join two trip in the same time...that is why I pull my name out of this trip list...[/quote]

Are you sure?
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;30071]Are you sure?[/quote]

Chief, is there anything we should know??

I have registered as well for the Intermediate drive with Alkhatib and planning to pull out from the HIDN.
kovo

im getting my new car tomorrow , is ok to drive it stright from the dealer to the desert ? or is that a bad thing ? ive read alot about engine brake in but nothing about offroading brake in ????
OffroadRon
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=kovo;30076]im getting my new car tomorrow , is ok to drive it stright from the dealer to the desert ? or is that a bad thing ? ive read alot about engine brake in but nothing about offroading brake in ????[/quote]

From what I know....it is generally recommended to first drive like 500-1000km on the road before taking it into the desert and drive it with high RPM
kovo

i was thinking of takeing it slow and not use hight RPM and try to use every gear i can
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Kovo,

Congratulations on your new toy !!
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=kovo;30078]i was thinking of takeing it slow and not use hight RPM and try to use every gear i can[/quote]

My suggestion would be for you to join the club member drive as the route will be easier on your vehicle.
Besides , I don't think you're eligible for this trip as it is for members with 5 or more drives.
Dave
Advance
Advance

I'm not sure what new 4x4 you have purchased Kovo but if your first scheduled oil change is at 1000km I would suggest your initial driving is done on the road taking it easy at first as its a different grade oil to what is placed there after. I believe most modern engines are almost ''run in'' from new but its just to be sure and after the 1000km oil change you could start a few gentle drives into the desert. I have a Patrol and was advised to wait till the first change before going off road. I was keen to get into the dunes and took just three days to hit the 1k mark!! Like you, I was keen to get into the sand!