Escape MDG Sticker

Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

The wonderful weekend had already started on Thursday evening with the camping, where there was aloooot of food:bouaaaaah:, sorry i was busy with my tent so didn't notice who got it, Thanks to him. The weather was just perfect and all us enjoyed it alot.

Then, the morning drive: Ghosts of the desert ! 4
Intermediates were behind the second convoy, lead by Faisal and Strawb as sweeper, a nice mix of slightly technical and some high dunes. There were few stucks and second tries but dealth with smoothly by Strawb, Bu Salem, and Al Khatib. Thank you All for endless support and guidance and Thank you Faisal for a lovely track.

THEN ! The moment for the fresh Intermediates in the afternoon !:ninja: First Intermediate drive for most of the fresh Intermediates, from Area 53 to Super bowl. I was in the first convoy lead by Bu Salem, as usual amazing lead and swept by RashidJass. Well well, what a dish served. Crispy crests, Smoothy slopes, Speed speed, and speed ! WOW ! I enjoyed every bit of it. Couple of "almost" stucks but self recovered and 1 pop-out, fixed swiftly. Thank you Bu Salem for the amazing lead, Thank you Rashid Bhai for sweeping and guidance Thanks to all the drivers for a great time. At Super bowl we watched the buggies playing around and then left for Badayer shops through the easy track.

Thank you Almost4x4 for such a lovely weekend. See you all soon in sands !:gangs:
sami
Intermediate
Intermediate

I want to start by saying that this is the best drive I have been on so far. Fantastic lead by Yoghy!! Loved every second of it. Overall it was fast paced and I think all of the drivers did great. There were minimal stoppages that were sorted swiftly.Just a comment that there were a couple re-tries where radio communication was not used as I think is required.

When we reached super bowl at around 5:00pm everybody had some time to chit chat while watching the many sand buggies racing up and down the dune. An afternoon well spent in good company.

I wan't to thank all the marshals and all drivers for a great afternoon. Can't wait until the next one.
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hello Guys/Girls,

What a Friday, it started off with a newbie drive in the morning, Mandi with friends at lunch and an Intermediate drive in the afternoon with the big boyz.

There were 2 convoys, one led by Yoghy and the other one by Shamsi, I don’t know about the others, but with Shamsi we drove 30Km in about 2 and half hours and he made sure he included everything from crests, bowls, ditches and some slopes. After all this intense driving we met the other convoy at SuperBowl to watch the crazy Buggies going up and down once , twice, …, …., a countless number of times.

During the drive we didn’t have any major issue, just 1 pop-out, a few re-tries and some stucks which were self-recovered.

At this point I believe I Must thank Shamsi, for great lead, and fellow almosters for the good company throughout the day…….Thank you…….

See u soon,
Raf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1596[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 I was very lucky to be invited as a guest of Bu Salem for Escape MDG Sticker, for what turned out to be the best drive I have ever been on. It was very fast, with technical dunes, lots of side cresting, but most of all it was a huge amount of fun!

Like Sandskull I too enjoyed Snoring Camp, lots of chit chat, Capri showing us how to drive fast (on the road!), Al Khatib’s very tasty Biryani, and perfect camping weather.

The morning drive Ghost of the Desert was fun, and it was great to meet new members.
All in all a perfect ‘Almost 4x4 weekend’, and a big thank you as ever to all the organisers.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

WOW !!! This was an amazing drive .:like:
Step aside PSY! ... we were dancing 'Bu Salem -style ' on the dunes :meta knight:
It was a non-stop adrenaline rush from start to Super Bowl ... we marked our presence on every high dune Bu Salem could find :thumbsup:
For all of us in this convoy it was our first intermediate drive . Everyone drove really well with no stucks , a few retries and a single pop-out.
The pace was intense with lots of high speed side sloping and side cresting.

Just thinking of the drive gives me goosebumps :tastey:

Thanks Bu Salem for this fabulous opportunity to drive with you.
Thanks RashidJass for the work at sweep
Thanks to Yoghybear , Abu Jimmy , Strawb for making the second convoy possible.
Thanks to everyone else for the good company
Adnan
Advance
Advance

It was an amazing day out with lovely company and lead.
Thank you to all brothers who make this event possible .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

It seems that I missed a good drive.....:TT TT: (BTW...where is the video????)
having said that; I am glad to know that everybody had a good time and enjoyed the trip. my XJ in her convalescence stage now and getting well ready for the next adventure :killzonesmiley:
looking forward to see you all soon in the sand
Suhail
Advance
Advance

Really enjoyed this amazing drive..
Thanks Yoghybear, Abu Jimmy in the leading car and thanks to Strawb for the good job in the sweep
Thanks to everyone for the amazing company..
See you soon InshaAllah..
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

thanks Almosters
great organization from the management and admirable discipline from the members
enjoyed the chit chat with all of guys and specially with Bu Salem at the super bowel
VIVA ALMOST 4x4