Anyone with a Raptor??

babanist
Club Member
Club Member

Hello guy,

Does anyone drive a Raptor here? It would be great to share the knowledge about the car since I'm new here and just got mine recently.

Thank you.
zeemmee

We did a short test drive of the beast, apart from quad bike style performance in areas of power display, its a awesome machine.Unfortunately after 20mins of fooling around, the Auto transmission light lit up saying it was hot.
But our test run was in Big tasty "Al wagan dunes", it should be fine in other areas. On Gatch, kaccha, or dirt roads it fly's to awesome speeds.

[video=youtube_share;R5dx7pnsuiQ][/video]
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought the raptor came with a beefed up transmission oil cooler?
muaz

babanist;29627 wrote:Hello guy,

Does anyone drive a Raptor here? It would be great to share the knowledge about the car since I'm new here and just got mine recently.

Thank you.
i saw it with CCruser at CM gravity drive, if am not mistaken.
zeemmee

strawb;29656 wrote:I thought the raptor came with a beefed up transmission oil cooler?
Yes it does, but seems that it wont stand upto heavy punishments.
babanist
Club Member
Club Member

zeemmee;29653 wrote:We did a short test drive of the beast, apart from quad bike style performance in areas of power display, its a awesome machine.Unfortunately after 20mins of fooling around, the Auto transmission light lit up saying it was hot.
But our test run was in Big tasty "Al wagan dunes", it should be fine in other areas. On Gatch, kaccha, or dirt roads it fly's to awesome speeds.

Thank you :)
Which model did you guys test drive? I did see a transmission cooler and something that looks like a transmission radiator so i am wondering if the one on the 2013 model is any different to the older models.

I took it to Sweihan last Friday for a 60 minutes drive more or less and it did not over heat (i was particularly keeping an eye on the transmission temperature) but that was a relatively easy drive for beginners so it would be great to get some comments from other owners too.
Maddie

zeemmee;29653 wrote:We did a short test drive of the beast, apart from quad bike style performance in areas of power display, its a awesome machine.Unfortunately after 20mins of fooling around, the Auto transmission light lit up saying it was hot.

proper maintenance of tranny cooler/filter/oil plays an important role. No?
zeemmee

Here's the complete drive report by P.R

http://weekenduae.com/2013/01/29/weeken ... aptor-svt/
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

zeemmee;29674 wrote:Yes it does, but seems that it wont stand upto heavy punishments.
I guess that the heavy duty for ford isnt that heavy duty .... i was expecting better though
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

I still think the raptor is a cool truck ... looks awesome .... transmission heating up isnt an issue which cant be easily resolved