Old Man Emu Suspension Kit for Pajero Gen 4

Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Guys,

I was searching for modification options for my Pajero. As usual suspension kits were one of the options. Instead of lifting the car, my concern is to get a smoother ride and more shock absorbtion (every Pajero owner would agree on how stiff the stock suspensions are and how disturbing it is to ride on humps and gravel tracks). I found Old Man Emu kits, which only lifts the car 35-40 mm. The link is below:

http://www.oldmanemu.com.au/old-man-emu ... series=385

My question is; will i have a smoother performance and comfort for my ride if i go for these kits? As i mentioned my prior intention is not lifting the car, but a better and smoother suspension performance.

Thanks in advance...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29592 wrote:Hi Guys,

I was searching for modification options for my Pajero. As usual suspension kits were one of the options. Instead of lifting the car, my concern is to get a smoother ride and more shock absorbtion (every Pajero owner would agree on how stiff the stock suspensions are and how disturbing it is to ride on humps and gravel tracks). I found Old Man Emu kits, which only lifts the car 35-40 mm. The link is below:

My question is; will i have a smoother performance and comfort for my ride if i go for these kits? As i mentioned my prior intention is not lifting the car, but a better and smoother suspension performance.

Thanks in advance...
Definitely you will not get a smoother performance. It depends mainly on, how often you're driving over the grass... Stay with your current stock equipment, and you'll see, as you may reconsider to replace in the near future your whole car for something else, as did many of our members before.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

keep your pajero stock and enjoy ..... for the meantime you can read thru this thread for more info on simple and required modifications for your pajero

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... (2007-2013)
Adnan
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;29595 wrote:Definitely you will not get a smoother performance. It depends mainly on, how often you're driving over the grass... Stay with your current stock equipment, and you'll see, as you may reconsider to replace in the near future your whole car for something else, as did many of our members before.
+ 1:thumbsup:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Agalon;29592 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance...
in general , all performance suspension kits ( regardless of brand & lift ) are usually stiffer , harder and less comfortable ( specially on road ) comparing to stock suspension .
What goes around , comes around .
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

strawb;29597 wrote:keep your pajero stock and enjoy ..... for the meantime you can read thru this thread for more info on simple and required modifications for your pajero

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... (2007-2013)
I read the topic previously and was very useful so thanks. It seems for the pajero the most important and must do thing is a skid plate for the rear bumper, and to learn how to throttle :)
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

Thanks for the quick responses and valuable information. I will keep the stock kit...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29602 wrote:I read the topic previously and was very useful so thanks. It seems for the pajero the most important and must do thing is a skid plate for the rear bumper, and to learn how to throttle :)

a cheaper modification is to remove the rear scoop before every drive, its 9 or 10 bolts and it will take you 5 minutes to remove.
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

strawb;29605 wrote:a cheaper modification is to remove the rear scoop before every drive, its 9 or 10 bolts and it will take you 5 minutes to remove.
Last time in Eid i bent out and actually broke the grey piece a bit. For the rest of the journey we removed it on spot and yes it was very easy. This week i will have a new one installed and my plan till a skid plate installed is removing it every time as you mentioned.

One thing i wonder is, why they need that much screw to install something that weak.
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29606 wrote:Last time in Eid i bent out and actually broke the grey piece a bit. For the rest of the journey we removed it on spot and yes it was very easy. This week i will have a new one installed and my plan till a skid plate installed is removing it every time as you mentioned.

One thing i wonder is, why they need that much screw to install something that weak.

so it doesnt flap around in high speeds