Old Man Emu Suspension Kit for Pajero Gen 4

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29606 wrote:Last time in Eid i bent out and actually broke the grey piece a bit. For the rest of the journey we removed it on spot and yes it was very easy. This week i will have a new one installed and my plan till a skid plate installed is removing it every time as you mentioned.

One thing i wonder is, why they need that much screw to install something that weak.
You are not the only one, all Pajero owners are hearing permanently sound from back in a desert, like shkrchrksh. At normal conditions, the grey part is not so low, but as soon as you deflate it's starting to grab everything on the way. Mitsubishi design flop... sorry...
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29606 wrote:One thing i wonder is, why they need that much screw to install something that weak.
I think it is because it is weak.. the only way to keep it from breaking or coming off soon would be to have MANY screws..
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

Desert Lizard;29610 wrote:I think it is because it is weak.. the only way to keep it from breaking or coming off soon would be to have MANY screws..
Both times the piece came off, all screws were in their place but the angle brackets were bent. Although you make a strong connection, if your structure is not capable to carry it will fail and vise versa. I think one problem with the design is the unstiffened open end of the profile and other one is the weak bracket set up.

As my friend's joke, that piece is the biggest burden over the pajero driver's shoulders. Get rid of it and feel the car (and the driver in a way) evolve instantly :p
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agalon;29612 wrote:Both times the piece came off, all screws were in their place but the angle brackets were bent. Although you make a strong connection, if your structure is not capable to carry it will fail and vise versa. I think one problem with the design is the unstiffened open end of the profile and other one is the weak bracket set up.

As my friend's joke, that piece is the biggest burden over the pajero driver's shoulders. Get rid of it and feel the car (and the driver in a way) evolve instantly :p
Hmmm... this is physical burden, later you'll discover electronics burdens, however at Intermediate level, until that time keep driving. Check our Forum for more advanced details regarding Pajero.
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

caprihorse;29613 wrote:Hmmm... this is physical burden, later you'll discover electronics burdens, however at Intermediate level, until that time keep driving. Check our Forum for more advanced details regarding Pajero.
Thanks for the advice. I will check.
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18