Ghosts of the desert

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Adnan;29583][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by Dave [IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png[/IMG] I see from admin this morning we have 1001 active members now, filtered down from 2500. A huge amount. This is a very big club now. Still, with two drives a weekend on average, 15 Newbies and 15 intermediates totalling 30 members there will be only 3% of the club getting a chance to drive. It shows how fast you must be to register onto a convoy!

( sorry Yougy bro for kidnapping the thread However,) a very good and positive thinking,( JUST THINKING LOUDLY) as long as the high demand on the trips is crystal clear noticed, so it is a good approach to encourage the Almost's marshals to initiate more and more weekly drives to accommodate such demand of hungry off roaders...... Desert is big enough to accommodate several of Almost weekly trips (i.e. 8-10 drives)why not !!! , the option of merging or splitting the convoys is still standing.
3% is much less % to saturate the enthusiasts thirsty to drive, or LET US make open drive giving chance all members to get in, then organize the appropriate convoys PRIOR or on site spot.
[/quote]

Dear Adnan, I like very much your enthusiasm for the desert and for off-road activity, nevertheless I think that 8-10 drives a week is a dream.....I would love too, but from my side the only spot available is the week-end, I don't think also other Marshals can afford this on a regular basis.
Regarding your option/proposal for "open drive" I think is something that will collide with a good planning/organization and mainly with safety. I had bad experiences on that way and don't want to repeat it again.
Last but not least, you have to consider that large convoys are not a benefit for most of the participants, are difficult to manage and at the end of the day, the added value is poor, unless we are speaking/thinking about some special event.
The ideal, I would say perfect convoy, is 7/8 cars + Marshals.
Said that, as a personal thought, hope to see you on Friday.
Take care
Yoghy
KayTo

@alshamsi-m: wow just caught up on this whole thread now, things sure move quick around here :pacman: I'm honored to be invited by you for the other level of trip, but unfortunately I have something already in the afternoon, hope this isn't the one and only opportunity tho, would love to join sometime. Enjoy your trips everyone, inshallah see you soon in the sand!
admin

Campers ....

there one camping trip waiting you here

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... #post29637
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Omair Ahmed

Hey,

is there still space to accomodate more drivers? or am i wayy too late to register? lol, let me know please. thanks

O
muaz

[quote=Omair Ahmed;29644]Hey,

is there still space to accomodate more drivers? or am i wayy too late to register? lol, let me know please. thanks

O[/quote]

Dear Omair,

in this club activity are comes with efferent level for as per drivers experience, the newly club member are highlighted for special session in order to get the first drive star.

kindly read the bellow thread to get to know the club system.

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ing-System
Omair Ahmed

Hi Muaz,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the club system, how do i become a newbie or join you guys for my first trip? in order to assess my skills.

Regards,
O
muaz

[quote=Omair Ahmed;29648]Hi Muaz,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the club system, how do i become a newbie or join you guys for my first trip? in order to assess my skills.

Regards,
O[/quote]

there are a CM trip announcement from time to time the only thing you can do is to keep your eye on the forum, moreover you can subscribe at bellow system.

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... blackberry
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Almosters

Good News: The salary is coming after few days ...... Oh sorry got drifted ... Let us go back to the main topic ... We are going to take EVERYONE :yarr: who already registered.

Don't forget to:

1. wear the almost4x4 t-shirt if you have one.
2. Shave your beard ( for men )
3. wash your car ( for both gender )
4. Come with good mood

We have a reporter who is going to make a report about ALMOST4X4 OFF-ROAD CLUB.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alshamsi_m;29762]Hello Almosters

Good News: The salary is coming after few days ...... Oh sorry got drifted ... Let us go back to the main topic ... [/quote]

[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/659441/rofl_emoticon_medium.gif[/IMG]
viber

[quote=alshamsi_m;29762]Hello Almosters

Good News: The salary is coming after few days ...... Oh sorry got drifted ... Let us go back to the main topic ... We are going to take EVERYONE :yarr: who already registered.

Don't forget to:

1. wear the almost4x4 t-shirt if you have one.
2. Shave your beard ( for men )
3. wash your car ( for both gender )
4. Come with good mood

We have a reporter who is going to make a report about ALMOST4X4 OFF-ROAD CLUB.

Cheers[/quote]

Just like to point out how great AlShamsi is- He personally called to make sure that I read the last post and can secure a spot in the convoy.

See you all on Friday.