O Solo Mio 3.0

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

After spending great evening in BBQ camp at wonderful weather, 18 challengers gathered in the morning at briefing, to drive solo over magnificent Al Ain dunes towards Sweihan. Fifteen waypoints, carefully planned, to ensure safety of individuals, were passed by challengers without any significant troubles.
Sweep team built from Marshals, ensured that nobody was left in Zone 1 and Zone 2 with our safe marking system.

Thank you all participants for another great event in our Club's history.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1587[/ATTACH]

[TABLE="width: 868"]
[TR]
[TD]Date:[/TD]
[TD]Oct 25, 2013 8:17 am[/TD]
[TD]Start Location:[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Distance:[/TD]
[TD]29.3 kilometers[/TD]
[TD]Latitude:[/TD]
[TD]24º 18.0396' N[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Elapsed Time:[/TD]
[TD]1:17:05[/TD]
[TD]Longitude:[/TD]
[TD]55º 37.5270' E[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Avg Speed:[/TD]
[TD]22.8 km/h[/TD]
[TD]Finish Time:[/TD]
[TD]2013-10-25T05:34:31Z[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Max Speed:[/TD]
[TD]68.0 km/h[/TD]
[TD]Finish Location:[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Min Altitude:[/TD]
[TD]215 m[/TD]
[TD]Latitude:[/TD]
[TD]24º 22.1302' N[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Max Altitude:[/TD]
[TD]291 m[/TD]
[TD]Longitude:[/TD]
[TD]55º 31.5480' E[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

WoW...what a wonderful day :like:

First of all I have to thank the founders and marshals for allowing us (the new upgraded Intermediates) to participate in the challenge (I think we did not let you down :045:)

The Adrenaline started to run in my veins since the minute I put my name in the challenger list specially with the chief's comments all around looooooooooool and I was very glad to take this decision.

On Thursday I run late and couldn't leave Abu Dhabi before 8 PM, I met Musa and Bu Salem st the deflating point and move to the camp one by one (part of the game) night drive to the camp which was not far from the deflating point, reach there to meet the rest of Almosters having the camp already setup, nice night with lots of Shisha all around the bonfire, went to sleep around 2 am and wake up freezing around 5.5 am amazing sunrise getting ready for THE CHALLENGE; one driver each 5 minutes and I was the sixth to move after Adnan, Aemi, Armin, Big red and Bomolin and the game started....woooow I enjoy it a lot and the feeling and sound of fresh sand under my tires it totally different, the rout up to the gate point (# 8) was easy, after the gate things started to be more serious and in some cases dangerous (points 11 to 14), after point 14 sand started to be much softer and with very tricky and technical duns and i had to stop and deflate the 2 extra PSI gained because of the heat then reach the flat area with enjoyable high speed to reach the check point (point 15) to meet Adnan, Musa, Hocky and Suhil waiting and enjoying the Shisha and watermelon (thank you guys it was just on time). Thank god I completed the whole rout without any issues and this was my main goal however;
at the check point we played with Al Nagrah dun and it seems she did not like our way, three cars got sick (Armin's, Fida's and mine) and we had to take easy rout to the road and actually my car could not make it to the end and required to be pulled to the main road with Yoghybear's help (thank you).

all in all it was great trip, amazing chance and special experience (I need it badly) many thanks to all organizers, founders, marshals and the rest for the great company...see you all in sand soon
my babe went to the doctor and it seems it needs "open heart" surgery :pissed off: but it is part of the game......
summary of MY rout as shown above

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img706/808/xjmn.jpg[/IMG]

What a view.......

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img585/7171/di64.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img826/5762/iog5.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img22/843/4szn.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img62/8043/jvjn.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img703/1750/njj9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img96/3159/xlwd.jpg[/IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Almosters

Al Ain is a beautiful place for camping especially when Haman's karak get added to the equation. Has great time chit chatting with the Old & New Intermediates . I really appreciate the members who came forward to do the challenge although they used to be called Newbies two weeks ago & also great respect to the ones who the decided to wait "slowly but surely".

We had a great day where everyone learned to concorde his/her fear of driving ALONE. I got the chance to scout the area to discover great bolws & standing walls to make it ready for future convoys.

Till then, take care all and see you in the sand
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Adnan
Advance
Advance

Nothing to say after well said by Bu Salem, Capri and well comprehensive report of brother Bu Shahid, Just would like to thank everybody contribute this awesome event of night camping and day challenge drive. Its my pleasure and big big honor to meet with all of you guys,all in all it was a very successful trip and very well organized ....thank you very much.
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

I am still singing O Solo Mio
thanks Almost 4x4
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello all,

Just a quick post before i fly off again ... that was a damn good day, it was great catching up and seeing some old and new faces. The area was beautiful the sand was great the weather amazing. I definitely enjoyed this one two thumbs up.

Thank you marshals and competitors, sorry about Armin i hope it will work out with the Patrol.

Till next time
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Thursday:

got to camp sight and had the joy of spending time with Ladylienka and Capri, fire got ready in five sec from the wood was left on the same spot on February if I'm not wrong. and sheesha ofcourse.

later on friends started coming from different corners, and if I'm not wrong most came alone and no stucks from new intermediates.

Loads of food, Loads of good stuff, but no BBQ!?!??!?! whats up with that!? was it vegetarian night?

Thanks to Hamdan for the Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrak
Thanks Bu Salim for Red Dot, sorry for who ever missed it, next time come sooner :P. oh wait, incase you are wondering what it is. bu Salim did not pinch or punch me or any sort of thing that gives me red dot. its a drink called Habet Hamara, translation red dot or something like that.

We had lots of laughs, and got to know more friends better, oh and I did burn my feet again even when I was wearing sandals.
and first time after long time I sow that many wood, and all were gone by morning. I think some one swallowed them... thats what happens when no BBQ around.

Remarks:
Non. Good company, Food, Shisha, environment, weather and on and on....

Friday:

Most were awake, and got busy talking to old friends and new friends and future friends :P
and set of to drive, I sow nice tracks that most took, and I sow few bumpy tracks that few took. Managed to take all the points + Advance.
Amazing tracks and way points.

Amazing drive, specially this was my first time I did not drive aggressive. I think my passenger was board.

At last point, I think three cars at the same time got issues, my axcle broke for unknown reason, and if I'm not wrong, Fida and Bu Shahid had smoke coming out of there car. and worst one was Robertos, his compressor stopped working.

Thanks to jackal and hocky for helping me to figure out what was wrong with my car.
Thanks Zorro and Roberto for waiting till recovery comes and took me to drop it to garage in Dubai and taking me home. I ow you big time.

when heading back to road, I was tiered, stressed and kind of irritated by what happen to my car. and a good friend was having a good time, and doing tricks with the car and sand, I'm not going to say his/her/(his,her). so I said on the radio "Sarookh dont splash sand on my car with your truck" as heads up. I should have not done that on the radio. My apologies.

Remarks:
1. it felt some came late to camp in the morning, some woke up late, getting peoples attention of there action privately is a must no matter who they are. even I'm sure I will be late some day too. and its not fare for people who are dedicated to be suffering. and some are the same people who are late.

2. I'm thinking about more remarks, give me couple of weeks to figure them out :P

over all:

I had AMAZING night, day and drive. other than making my fellow truck driver uncomfortable by my comment, again no names going to be said.

Thank you ALKHATIB alshamsi_m caprihorse hamdan ladylienka Yoghybear for making this event happen.
Mubz

[quote=alshamsi_m;29469]
I got the chance to scout the area to discover great bolws & standing walls to make it ready for future convoys
[/quote]
Hungry Newbies are missing out on alot of beautiful places.............. no need to say please arrange one for newbies to al ain :)
Riazj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Excellent trip and well organised. This is exactly the trip I needed for giving the opportunity to find my own way knowing that help is not far behind if needed. Thankfully, it was not needed.

Many thanks to all that planned and participated in the trip, good catching up with old and new friends.

Till next time….