Golden drive

Mubz

[quote=Mubz;29485]Well Every Drive with Almost4x4 Gives new lessons but this drive had alot more
[/quote]
Apparently someone didn't like the lessons that I've learned on the drive

one bad rating :like:NOT!!!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a good day out with old and new friends ..... great weather great company and area 53

hats off to lead marshal faisal for the tricky track for the newbies ....

we hope you guys had an awesome time and we'll see you this coming weekend

keep the sand flying

cheers
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Mubz;29496]Apparently someone didn't like the lessons that I've learned on the drive

one bad rating :like:NOT!!![/quote]

Dear Mubz
There is nothing wrong with people not liking our posts every now and then. They have the right to.

You should be concerned when many people don't like your post and they write their own post explaining their point of view. They might be right sometimes and then the wise thing to do is reconsider your thoughts.

We may not like it, but it is a sign of a healthy environment where people are free to express their likes and dislikes.
mike
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Faisal for the lead, another great route into area 53.

Numerous stucks (2 within 100m of the start line) , a pop out and a silent flat, all made this trip interesting. The relatively slow, tight turning route was quite different from 'safari style', and has it's own challenges. Going slower changes the game when it comes to twisting round tight dunes.

In summary a great drive, plenty of time to sun tan and a great descent towards the end.

Also thanks to Abu Jimmy, Strawb and Dessert Lizard, it's great to know that your all in very capable hands.

See you next time ; )
Mubz

[quote=Desert Lizard;29502]Dear Mubz
There is nothing wrong with people not liking our posts every now and then. They have the right to.

You should be concerned when many people don't like your post and they write their own post explaining their point of view. They might be right sometimes and then the wise thing to do is reconsider your thoughts.

We may not like it, but it is a sign of a healthy environment where people are free to express their likes and dislikes.[/quote]

Rightly Said DL, Again its just my thought on what I learned, and someone didnt like what I learned, I need to learn alot more :)

Anyways a bad / disliked comment is everyone freedom and its a family so this is all good :)

now waiting for another friday lesson :)
Maddie

Mubz, the helpful/unhelpful icons are very close together, what should be done is when you MISTAKENLY press unlike, a dialog should pop-up to cinfirm it !!
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mubz - Maddie is right. Several times I have wanted to click on the green thumb and the red one got highlighted instead. I created a thread about it not too long ago, you should look it up. No need to make a big deal about it.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Before we get a new trip posted, you will find below a summary of the collective learning from our trip, with beautiful contribution from: Strawb, Mike, Green Giant, Muaz, a_ibrahim, Mubz, Sandskull, Alok708, FrancisJK, and Ginger

Know your car:
  1. Rear tires can have lower pressure than front tires. You need to know the safe lower pressure limits of your specific tire. Cooper STTs are heavy but offer excellent traction.
  2. Understand your car’s response to acceleration, braking and turning. Response time and intensity will differ depending on your engine, gear and throttle characteristics, tire size and pressure, gearing etc. Handling will depend on suspension and lift and tire size and pressure (again). Some cars are better suited to off-roading than others.
Driving in Convoy
  1. Follow the track: The leader chooses the track most suitable for the convoy level.
  2. Second lead has the responsibility to save the convoy if the leader meets an un-expected surprise
  3. Keep distance between you and the car ahead, it allows you time to react: speed up to climb, brake if there is a stop and you can observe the track too
  4. The last car has the hardest time because the sand gets churned and becomes softer
  5. Keep an eye on the car in front of you, and the cars before it, so you can anticipate if the convoy is going to slow down and spot trouble early
  6. If you’re in trouble, communicate clearly and concisely
Driving Technique
  1. Driving skills are more important than car power.
  2. There are different driving skills for different terrain, safari style and small edgy dunes require different handling: generally the less smooth the terrain, the lower the gear you need to use
  3. When the car is jumping, you better keep the front wheels as straight as possible to avoid a pop out.
  4. When the car is sliding downward because of gravity, don’t steer upward, rather try to get momentum and smooth your way up.
  5. When you stop, take your personal safety first and always stop in the safest position or as close to it as possible: car engine pointing straight down
Rescue and Recovery
  1. Make sure your basic equipment is proper and complete
  2. When being pulled assist the person pulling you by either being in Drive or Reverse in the direction of the pull, but never in Neutral or Park.
  3. Point your front wheel in the proper direction when your being pulled: Know which is right and which is left and listen to the Marshal
  4. Carry a spare tire valve pin, you never know when you need to replace it.

Finally, Almost4x4 Marshals and Crew are awsemoe and Almost4x4 is the best and all Almosters ROCK :have a nice day:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Friends,

Offroading is a passion, a hobby wherein you invest time, effort and money.

We strongly advise our friends to take it slow and steady so as to learn the right way so you can avoid any unwanted damages to you and your car.

We have all been there ...... we were all excited to crash the ridges and dunes, believe me, it would not be fun at all if you end up damaging your car or even worse, causing an accident to other members of the convoy .....

In offroading we have the following elements to consider .....

The Driver
The Car
The Convoy rules of safety and discipline
and last but definitely NOT the least

MOTHER NATURE .....

we welcome you to drive with amost4x4 and learn the right way

as always

keep the sand flying and see you this weekend

cheers
Oggy

Sorry for the late reply, I've been in deepest darkest africa.

It was a great drive and even better company.

Lots of lessons leaned by all.

Looking forward to seeing you all again in the desert soon; If I'm ever near the Internet when the drives get posted :)