Golden drive

Althahab
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=KayTo;29464]It was a great way to start the weekend, thanks to all the marshals and assistants who were there to support, looking forward to the next trip![/quote]

You are welcome kayto and you derived well

See you next trip
Good luck
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a great drive lead by Althahab and we had good time with the family.
Thanks to every one who made it an excellent learning opportunity as it was meant to be.
I would like to talk about the learning from every one: what did you learn on this drive?
Lets hear what you've got to say..
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another successful and wonderful drive experience with the club. I arrived at the meeting point where everyone’s ready to go and I still need to deflate… (OK I know I’m late, my big apology). Thank you for your patience guys and thanks to Strawb for the assistance.

Anyway let’s go to the highlight: The Golden Drive showed us the importance of the marshal’s and their very big role in every drive. Keeping an eye to all the drivers safety, pulling cars, assisting drivers and clearing the traffic & especially for the first time I had the privilege of seeing a pop-out tire repair performed by Abu Jimmy with the assistance of the other marshal’s. That was awesome (I mean not the pop-out tire but the repair). Wooh that’s one hell of a task for all the marshal’s, I salute you guys… You rock!

Althahab instructed me to deflate the rear tire lower than my usual PSI to get more traction. I was the last car in the convoy & have to get back and gain momentum just to climb, I realized that I can drive lower than my usual PSI in some conditions and it absolutely works, cheers Althahab for the tip, thank you for being a good lead.

We are learning a lot of things in every drive with the club and one thing I heard that I guess changes my perspective in desert driving and surely keep that in mind for the rest of my off-roading… “DON’T FIGHT THE SAND, THE SAND IS YOUR FRIEND” thank you Hussain for sharing this.

Thank you ALMOST 4x4 and see you again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1588[/ATTACH]
Alok708

Well friends, I really have nothing much to add apart from saying that yes it was really and awesome drive. The marshals we re fantastic as always! Thank the marshals and all the fellow drivers.

Oh yes I did have my first flat tyre in the desert, still not sure if it was a timid pop-out or a leaking valve. Looks like a leaking valve issue.

Looking forward to drive with you all soon again.

Cheers!
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another lovely morning with the family. The lead by Althahab consisted of a little bit of both: Small but slightly technical dunes, and high fast paced dunes. Everyone enjoyed it as much as learned. Great support from DL, Strawb, Se77es and Abu Jimmy for rescue and sweep

Thank you Althahab for a nice lead
Thank you DL, Strawb, Se77es and Abu Jimmy for endless support.
Thank you All for a beautiful morning

[quote=Desert Lizard;29471]
I would like to talk about the learning from every one: what did you learn on this drive?
Lets hear what you've got to say..[/quote]

1 - 2nd Lead has more to do than just follow the leader.
2 - Right Distance matters a lot.
3 - Saw the Pop-out fixed smoothly by the seniors

See you all soon:thumbsup:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sandskull;29474]
1 - 2nd Lead has more to do than just follow the leader.
2 - Right Distance matters a lot.
3 - Saw the Pop-out fixed smoothly by the seniors

See you all soon:thumbsup:[/quote]

Great points Sandskull.
1- Second lead is the leader's back up and acts as a safety caution for the rest of the convoy.
2- The ability to master distance-speed-time is what separates world class racers from the rest. similarly on the sand keeping the right distance is very important for smooth running of the convoy AND the safety of every one.
3- Pop-outs happen. We all need to be very efficient at fixing them.
Mubz

Well Every Drive with Almost4x4 Gives new lessons but this drive had alot more
1. Keeping safe distance is a MUST even if the drive is slow paced coz keeping too close will cause stucks and alot of them so no matter what the speed Safe Distance is a MUST
2. While Stopping your safety is FIRSt and should stop in a position ad location where its SAFE (unlike me stopped confidently but was not safe)
3. When asked to follow Alternate route ( by support marshal / sweeper ) Plesae dont put yourself in trouble and follow his/her tracks when you are in right position( make extra round to make sure you can safely follow the alternate track)
4. If you lose the track or having extra round shout on the radio so that everyone behind you is not following you in circle.
5 No matter how the convoy is moving keep BIG smite on your face after all anytime in sand is better than sleeping in bed.
muaz

1:i should avoid the scatterd sand track where the care at the front of me was near to stuck at little so soft slanty dune.
2:keeping distance must effective for any kind of situation.
3:band your trust and your car together so that you wouldn't be Deceived.
4:trail can be easy if you take it seriously.
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sorry for the late report Guys - I would like to say many thanks Faisal for organising the trip to keep us Newbies in the sand on a Friday! Also thanks to Abu Jimmy, Strawb and DL for their support.

It was a great experience for me as I have not driven that area before, and learnt a bit more about the Green Giant and about how I need to drive her. Although it was slow in places and some waiting time, there were some interesting stucks and pop outs to observe, as well as a few tricky areas which needed specific skills to overcome.

My lessons from the drive:

1. Stick to the track wherever possible - some very soft sand and previous traffic made it difficult for me in two places, second attempts and the right pace resolved that for me.
2. Keep the right distance apart and look ahead, beyond the car in front whenever possible to watch out for others in trouble, and stop in the right place keeping Madam Gravity in mind.
3. Make sure you are in the right gear at the right time - very soft sand and Cooper STTs can be tricky!

All in all another great experience which leaves me yearning for more. I have some video which I am editing and will post on FB later.

See you all in the sand soon.