Gravity

FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

It’s my first time to drive with Almost 4x4 and I must say that it was such a great experience. We reach the meeting point just on time on Thursday. While waiting I had a chance to meet new friends and said to myself that “I am meeting now my second family!” Thanks to Alshamsi for the sweets & 5 dhs bill, I am keeping it as this signifies my first drive with you and the Club.

Headed to deflation area and up to the camp site, respective marshal/members did their job very well in keeping everyone’s safety. Lovely smell of burning wood, scent of sheesha in the camp and ALKHATIB’s birthday + cake completes the night.

Woke up the next day and had an awesome view of the sunrise. Pack up things and proceed to the starting point. Club Members regrouped and briefed by Caprihorse, shared tips & safety in desert driving, very informative. On the sand we had a good leader, great convoy and nice tracks. Breathtaking view of the sand dunes. I salute the marshal’s looking after us, driving above us like eye in the sky.

I would like to thank you Almost 4x4 for your professionalism and for making us feel safe from the time we deflate up to the time we inflate our tires. I will surely see you again and proud to be Almost 4x4.

And WohoOO I got my first STAR!!! :grin:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

On the last trip (Gravity CM) we had for the 1st time this vehicle (5.5L, 430 HP, 700NM@1800-3500 RPM), driven by a lady with no issues at all, where others got stuck or left parts marking their way (Pajero SWB, Nissan Pathfinder R51, Dodge RAM and Ford Raptor). Look at the clearance in the front, middle and back. The skeptics before the trip were saying: "She will loose all plastic parts, but OxanaLu disappointed them all, she returned back with no a slight sign of damage" :thumbsup:

[IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/GL500.jpg[/IMG]
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Green Giant;28895]which was quickly changed and then on our way again.

Some photos of the trip here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e2b12ff1ff
And a video of Iqsan's Rescue Training: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 2301483251[/quote]

Thanks Green Giant for the great pics and video
emma
Club Member
Club Member

My first drive in the desert and I looooved it!!!
Thank you Mubz for taking me as your passenger (and sorry for being sick :013:, will try to tough-up for the next time and take the meds before to go!!).
The drive was very smooth and oh so beautiful: the body was struggling but the mind greatly enjoyed it!!

Thank you to all the Marshall for the great support and fun drive and to Bu Salem for leading us...and for the Eid sweet treats,
thank you!
Cant wait to take another friday off and join again!
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Iqsan - must apologise as my fat finger hit the thumbs down icon on my I pad - definitely a helpful post! Can I amend the rating?:thumbsup:
muaz

day one was amazing, we as four club members and four guest decide to setup our activity together and we couldn't sleep at all, in short we enjoy to the maximum and for that i need to apologize to who got annoyed.
day two was incredible and all i can say that we where surrounded by the eagle's eyes allowing us to gain our selves trust in the sand and club management.

i have a footage of CM drive day two will upload it very soon.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Green Giant;28914]Thanks Iqsan - must apologise as my fat finger hit the thumbs down icon on my I pad - definitely a helpful post! Can I amend the rating?:thumbsup:[/quote]

No chance, Newbie faux pais, it will stay recorded forever, unless you ask admin to remove it :ninja:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

On this last trip, we noticed, that there were many advisers (wearing blue, red, green or any other colour T-shirt), suggesting the tyre pressure, which in the most cases was completely wrong.

We advice you, in the future to listen only to the guys, wearing orange T-shirts (marked on the arm with the logo Marshal). The tyre pressure is dictaded with the car weight, driver's experience and quality of his pressure gauge. To those equipped with a stick pressure gauge, the standard advice is 6 psi. Why? Because this number is not marked at all there and whatever this stick measures, it's just a presence of some pressure in the tyre...
Oxana
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you very much for your support and appreciation, I could never do this trip without your tips and advices. It was the most amazing adventure that my car and me experienced here since we've came to Dubai.

I hope you will organize another round for "babies" soon :), so we can obtain even more off-road skills under your leadership.

I feel like I was really lucky to find the right club to join.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;28970]To those equipped with a stick pressure gauge, the standard advice is 6 psi. Why? Because this number is not marked at all there and whatever this stick measures, it's just a presence of some pressure in the tyre...[/quote]

:like:

Based on the Marshal's advice , I purchased a decent electronic pressure guage a few months back , which has provided reliable reading till date