Sand Bird

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

I missed the drive as i had an party from office which i was not able to avoid.

I read the feeling of Our marshals and the mixed feelings of members, If i was there might may be i will also the part of that. Any way i am not the right person for any type of comments as i was not in the convoy.

I would like to point some possible issues which we can rectify ourself

1. Radio disturbance - when we change the frequency our step is not matching the the frequency radio disturbance will occur
eg Radio in step 6.25 or 12.5 and changing to frequency 444250 the radio will take only 444235. still we can hear but with disturbance and no clarity in voice(happened to me)

2. IF battery low we can receive the radio broadcast but we cannot broadcast back, same happens to few Chinese radios after a certain period. just reset the radio to default and it will work smoothly for little more time

3. The final one " mostly newbies and club members including me " all are responsible " when we drive with friends we will be using Almost4x4 frequency and the radio gets intercepts with the Almost4x4 convoy and convoy members get confused.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, pls let me summarize, what I read here, on this trip report.
  • There is no or should not be any language barrier. Those who don't understand English should not come to our trips.
  • Our convoy is always recognized by our stickers. They are free for our members.
  • Normally, there is no radio static on the two-way radio, we never experienced this phenomena.
  • It's not shame to get stuck or pop-out for Newbie, but twice at the same place, means Marshals' advices are useless to him.
  • If you misunderstand instructions, for us it means "I don't care". You have always millions of opportunities to ask for clarifications.
  • We are doing this trips for many years and we know mass behaviour, psycho profiles are more less the same. But from time to time we are getting into our trips high ranked managers of companies, who think they they are still managers in our convoy...
  • It's true, that Marshals are organizing these trips, based on their love to desert and they want to share their desert experience with others
  • It depends on you, if you want to accept or not to accept above mentioned facts
We were planning this trip, for you, to make about 30 km, to teach you some techniques, some methods, how to do cresting, how to approach different dunes. At the end, we did finish with this (see the following statistics, filtered out my Garmin's tracking of recovery and searching for lost members). We are all coming to desert for drive and not to stand:
[HR][/HR]
Statistics

Summary
Distance: 8.7 km
Area: 3.3 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:56:28
Moving Time: 0:42:03
Stopped Time: 2:14:25

Speed
Avg: 3.0 km/h
Avg Moving: 12 km/h
Max: 43 km/h

Elevation
Min: 172 m
Max: 206 m
Ascent: 140 m
Descent: 129 m
Black_Shrek

I have an idea.
Everyone deserves a second chance, lets do it again, same people, same route. Lets prove it was just a Friday13 type of drive, that weve learnt the lesson and can do much better.
How abt that? ;)
Maddie

Black ShrekShrek, we will definitely get our chances In Sha Allah. ..