Sand Bird

Maddie

Reading Bu Salem's post has made me realize that sometimes, although unintentionally, our actions or word, may and have, hurt the feelings of those, who whilst sacrificing their fun, time and money, always look out for us, help us, teach us, and care for us!!

It saddens me to even think that I may have been somehow the person who was the reason for what Bu Salem says.
When I went on that drive yesterday, I didn't care if Grumble broke down or if I got stuck one million times, WHY?

Because Chief was there behind me and Khatib leading. Althahab has a very kind way of supporting, he acts like a brother, a friend driving besides us.

At the beginning of the drive, Chief gave us a long set of instructions but because of Radio Static, it wasnt clear to me. And Chief, very patiently, repeated the whole instructions again.

As Doctor very kindly puts it, here are a bunch of marshals who are the best, can lead huge convoys and charge for their services, YET they choose to help and teach people, who don't know the difference between sand and gravel , regardless of Race or Religion.

I, from the bottom of my heart thank everyone in general and the following in particular, for helping and teaching me !

Chief Marshal, AlKhatib, Lamboo, Abu Jimmy, Strawb, Hamdan, Althahab, Mohammed, Zico (Abu Tareq) as they have led me, helpped me and taught me in my 5 drives so far.

Also Bu Salem, for bringing my Caps, which my two sons have taken over.

Also, Danke Schon Herr Fireman, Frau Bettypo and Yaser bhai. ...

Cannot wait to see everyone next SANDay
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Yet , another great drive with a splendid punch of drivers . i was sweeping & rescuing the" maybe" convoy led by Bu Salem , It was a fast paced drive with the famous roller- coaster style performed by the best leader . ( if you get the chance to drive behind Bu Salem , you are a very lucky person ) as he has the ability to make any terrain ( even a flat ground ) such fun and joy to drive on . topping that with the outstanding performance of drivers of the convoy , it was the perfect recipe for a trip over the dunes .

We had some technical & mechanical issues with three cars ( overheating , not starting engine and a flat tyre ) in the same spot and at the same time , which took us a bit of time to solve but eventually all cars reached tarmac safe and sound on their own power .

Special thanks to Bu Salem for the usual unbeatable lead .

Thank you to all participants , specially the " Maybe convoy " members for a very well done job scoring zero pop outs & zero stuck .
What goes around , comes around .
Mubz

I must say this was best day of my life getting praise from the best that we have in the convoy is an achievement, myself personally and as a whole for the co drivers you should put this drive in your CV that you received acknowledgement from the best of the Family.

[quote=alshamsi_m;28482]
.... oh yeah one more thing for the maybe convoy "You Rock Guys"
[/quote]

[quote=Abu Jimmy;28496] specially the " Maybe convoy " members for a very well done job scoring zero pop outs & zero stuck .[/quote]

Thanks Abu jimmy and Bu salim your kind words encourage us to come again and again

Abu Jimmy righly Said following Bu Salim is an honour and I am glad I had a chance to do that.

And for those who did not enjoy in first convoy or left the convoy or didnt listen to the Marshal, its such a shame you guys had the best of Family yet you didn't enjoy I think almost Family is too good for you. (just my personal thought) I dont even know who he/she was but it take hell alot to annoy a Marshal and I am surprised how you guys managed to do that :(

anyways I cant wait to join the family on Friday :)
Maddie

Mubz, Bro re-read Chief's words PLEASE !!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

This weeks drive was different compared to the ones Iv been to. The only thing that kept me from not getting stuck was following Marshall's instructions . Ok maybe I did get stuck once but I jus did self recovery and asked the chief over the radio how to overcome the issue
all in all was a great drive thanx to the marshals (Abu jimmy .alkhataib,chief Capri and the others who I don't knw that well ) :p
one thing to mention though I found the drive to be a bit slow considering that the groups were comparatively smaller than usual
idk correct me if I'm wrong
ps:I was in the group led by al khataib
Dave
Advance
Advance

Sorry for the late report. I was in the ''Maybe'' convoy with Bu Salem taking pole position and Abu Jimmy sweeping from the back. Mubz seems to have covered the trip pretty well. Overall, the pace was fast and ''furious'' in a few places. We had a couple of technical issues and a flat tyre that wanted to stay flat but all three problems occurred within 200 meters of each other and were dealt with together. Good to see everyone willing to help each other out.

It is a little frustrating waiting around as a group however these matters are out of our hands and each one of us will have our own technical issue at some stage and very much appreciate the support of the whole group. Too make up for lost time Bu Salem found 3rd gear in the Patrol and we returned from Pink Rock at record speed. As fast as we moved we had no need of Abu Jimmy's recovery rope and all cars arrived back in pretty much the same condition the set off.

In my book its always a successful day out in the dunes when my 4x4 does not need a trip to the garage afterwards and nobody has gotten hurt. I have seen group drives when things go really bad fast and if all we can complain about is a few frustrating hold ups then we have had a great day in the desert!

Thanks to all the Marshal's and club members in my group for a good start to my weekend. Look forward to doing it again soon.
Alok708

Well friends, first of all I wish to thank the marshals for the nice and safe drive full with loads of enjoyment.

At the same time it is disheartening and shocking to go through Bu-Salem’s post. I wish to quote ‘Maddie’ here when he says:
“Reading Bu Salem's post has made me realize that sometimes, although unintentionally, our actions or word, may and have, hurt the feelings of those, who whilst sacrificing their fun, time and money, always look out for us, help us, teach us, and care for us!!”

I have been on a number of drives with almost4x4 and have been a huge beneficiary of the invaluable Support, Guidance and Coaching from the various marshals and other fellow drivers. Besides the learning's from interactions during the drive, I have also benefited immensely from the personalized advice over phone and PMs etc and I remain ever grateful for that.

While I am not too sure of what really happened that our dear marshals, who are so Seasoned, Mature and Forgiving ended up coming back disappointed from the drive. However on the behalf of any and every almoster that I know of, let me assure the marshals that we all respect you and can never ever thank you enough. There is no question of intentionally disregarding the instructions or guidelines. Only thing that comes to my mind as a reason for not following the instructions is possibility of language barriers, especially in terms of accent (since we all come from different nationalities), or sometimes challenges like noise disturbance over radio signals etc.

At the same time, incase there has been an instance of someone deliberately not falling in line, then the issue needs to be discussed clearly, openly and taken to its logical conclusion, since disregarding the marshal’s instructions can not only compromise the safety of the driver in question but also the safety of others.

Friends lets make a resolve to put a smile back on the face of our dear marshals with our performance and behavior during the next drive (and every drive thereafter)!!!

Cheers,
Alok
Maddie

[quote=Alok708;28502]There is no question of intentionally disregarding the instructions or guidelines. Only thing that comes to my mind as a reason for not following the instructions is possibility of language barriers, especially in terms of accent (since we all come from different nationalities), or sometimes challenges like noise disturbance over radio signals etc.

At the same time, incase there has been an instance of someone deliberately not falling in line, then the issue needs to be discussed clearly, openly and taken to its logical conclusion, since disregarding the marshal’s instructions can not only compromise the safety of the driver in question but also the safety of others.

Friends lets make a resolve to put a smile back on the face of our dear marshals with our performance and behavior during the next drive (and every drive thereafter)!!!

Cheers,
Alok[/quote]

Absolutely Well expressed Brother Alok. :like:
There was a lot of Radio Static actually.

Also, next time we go caming (will be my first) we will do the boogie woogie and cheer everybody up :grin:
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

First of all i would like to say, thanks to the great Marshal's for guiding and training the peopels like us without taking into account any of their personal monetory benefits and there will be no surprise if they get disappointed, if any of their intructions/guidelines being not followed, because they give those for the safety of the drivers/convoy and that to involves so much of mental labour which they put in for us.

But believe me, all the members of this club are mature enough to understand the kindness and the efforts which our marshal's put in and keep the safety of the peoples as there top priroity and that's a big responsibility which they carry on their shoulders with a BIG smile on their faces and i can assure you that NO member of this club is having any intentions to disappoint our Marshal's.

We all go to the drives to learn, to enjoy and to meet new peoples with the same adventurous likings.

As Alok said, there could be many factors, may be due to some technical issues or misunderstanding the instructions due to less experience/exposure which sometimes, makes the person confused, when so many instructions/things are going on around.

I hope i have not made big mistakes, specially on the communication part, but i would like to say sorry to our Marshal's if any of my acts have disappointed them, and i am sure they'll forgive this, as it was my only third trip and moreover only the second one with the Radio in hand.

Also kindly accept my apologies, if i have wrote anything wrong.

Looking forward for the next drive.....cheers...
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another lovely morning. an amazing drive lead by Abu Salem and support by Mazaaj, Abu Jimmy, Bu Hamdan, DL and few other intermediate and advanced drivers. It was the first time for me to drive behind Abu Salem, and I must say it was just amazing how even the small dunes felt like roller-coaster ride. With regards to the issues in the vehicles, truly appreciate the support and patience from Seniors to help and guide us.

Thanks Abu Salem for a great lead
Thanks to all seniors for your support
Thanks to all members for the wonderful morning

See you all soon in sand.