The 4th Day

Mubz

[quote=Iskander;28333] Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

• [FONT=&amp]If you should be in the suffering, and you have to take an extra Turn or reverse, let the convoy know, use the Radio( say clearly who is calling and what issue you have) so the Marshalls will know that somebody may need help or an advice.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]If you have to reverse then don’t panic, always reverse straight, do not try turn the turn the Car on the Dune (risk of rollover), it is nothing bad about suffering, taking a second try, getting Stuck or something similar. Therefore there are different stages ( Newbie’s etc. it even can happen to somebody with more experience.)[/FONT]

• [FONT=&amp]Regarding over taking and waiting. Unless the leading Marshall or the Sweeper does not give the OK that the convoy shall keep on driving and overtake you, after you being in an safe position, the convoy will stop and wait until you have passed.[/FONT]

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} [/quote]

Very well said I didnt mention in my trip report but this happened to the 2nd convoy aswell despite briefing from the Cheif before the trip he clearly mentioned and I quote

"Say your name on the radio so we know"

But during the trip radio contact was not upto the Almost Standard and to be honest its not a hard job

What I assume and this is only my assumption that being newbie they find it hard to communicate and drive at the same time. And this is something everyone in our Family needs to learn and understand how important it is, as communication is the only mean which can turn a critical situation into a safe situation or turn a safe drive into disaster.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Mubz;28334]Very well said I didnt mention in my trip report but this happened to the 2nd convoy aswell despite briefing from the Cheif before the trip he clearly mentioned and I quote

"Say your name on the radio so we know"

But during the trip radio contact was not upto the Almost Standard and to be honest its not a hard job

What I assume and this is only my assumption that being newbie they find it hard to communicate and drive at the same time. And this is something everyone in our Family needs to learn and understand how important it is, as communication is the only mean which can turn a critical situation into a safe situation or turn a safe drive into disaster.[/quote]

Driving in a convoy is an off-roading skill not less important than any other . In my opinion its much more important than other skills as it effects the driver and other drivers as well . I have seen some experienced off-roaders with outstanding skills on the solo level but unfortunately it was a disaster driving a head or behind them in a convoy .

Its a team work where every member of the convoy is responsible for his safety and others as well . Hanging on the bumper of the car in front will create a tremendous pressure on the driver ahead , the driver behind will experience the same later when someone else is hanging on his bumper and yet he will understand by practice that the rules and regulations of the convoy driving are for the safety and convenience of all .

Starting from Club Member level trips till (-5 ) Newbie level trips the marshals will explain by details the rules and regulations of driving the convoy , SO IT WILL BE CLEAR FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO in order to keep your self and others safe .

COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY WORD . for example , while the convoy is on the move , a member will shout over the radio asking the leading Marshal to stop and hold the convoy . the leading Marshal , other Marshals and everybody else will gain zero information out of this statement , so obviously its a useless communication as the recipients have no idea who is the driver ? , on which vehicle ? , what is the problem ? what is the reason for holding the convoy ? ...etc . based on this the leading Marshal will not stop as he didn't get any instructions from the sweeping or rescue Marshals ( WHOM ARE THE ONLY PARTY AUTHORIZED TO INSTRUCT THE LEADING MARSHAL ) .

THE PROPER WAY OF COMMUNICATION is to report to the Marshals over the radio identifying your self " by nick name " , explaining your problem , and wait for the instructions . ( This is Abu Jimmy in the golden Cherokee , I cant see the car behind me , I have mechanical problem , I have pop out , I am stuck , I have flat tyre , I am doing second round ....etc ) . as a respond you and others will receive instructions from the Rescue and sweeping Marshals on what you and others should do , as they will analyze the situation and provide the safest solution based on their experience .

ITS A LEARNING CURVE , the more you progress , the better judgement you will have and the less Marshals supervision .
What goes around , comes around .
Black_Shrek

Once again thanks a lot for a great drive!
Special thanks to Mr. Sylvester (for help, dedication and style) and another special thanks to Lamboo for that cool drive and for the thumbs-up which meant a lot to me :)
I'll leave it to the experts for judging driving skills and behavior.
Especially enjoyed "in a careful way" driving as second lead, but 2 mins after switching position to the back of convoy there were some tricky stucks as I could hear from the radio - missed all the fun hehe :) More issues continued once the level noticeably increased, again, judging by the radio messages :)
Was great meeting some of my buddies and other like-minded people
Now refreshing the forum on every chance so not to miss next drive :D but with this workload...not too sure :)
Cheers and see you soon!!!