You Only Pop-out Twice

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

To all our Fresh Newbies ,

There is no shame in getting stuck . Talking from my own experiences , it was during my many stucks that I realised what I had done wrong and tried to correct it on future drives.
Getting stuck is all part of the offroading experience and part of the fun ... and later when you're more experienced the Chief will give you a very special MDG sticker on the facebook page 'celebrating' your stuck. :thumbsup:

It is important to realise that you do not have to prove anything to anyone , keep learning within your own comfort zone ... usually its much safer to get stuck than to overspeed and fly over a dune causing damage to your vehicle and injury to you and your passengers... with experience you will realise the appropriate speed for safely crossing over a dune . Your speed with differ depending on the inclination of the dune and the softness on the sand.

During steep descents , try to stay on your lowest gear and use engine braking as you will have more control of your vehicle ... should you feel your vehicle drift to any one side during the descent , DO NOT SLAM ON THE BRAKES , rather correct this by turning your steering in the direction of the drift while slowly depressing your accelerator pedal . This will bring the vehicle back in line . Remember to take your foot of the gas .

and the most important offroading rule to imprint in your brain... DONT FIGHT GRAVITY ! ... :patapon:
and remember to always listen to the marshals' advice ... THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT !
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Sandskull;27935].........:zomg::zomg::zomg:.........
No offence bro...just for laughs:secret laugh:[/quote]

Jeje is to see who is reading previous post before posting their own one...:relief: I hope tactic will be followed by marshall soon to disregards those who join trips without reading requirements for the same!

Luckily you are in Sandskull :thumbsup:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Bomolin;27943]Jeje is to see who is reading previous post before posting their own one...:relief: I hope tactic will be followed by marshall soon to disregards those who join trips without reading requirements for the same!

Luckily you are in Sandskull :thumbsup:[/quote]

At least you could clean up after you and edit your typing nonsense... :killzonesmiley:
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;27944]At least you could clean up after you and edit your typing nonsense... :killzonesmiley:[/quote]

:nose bleed:no fun anymore...
Gilles

This was my 2nd trip with Almost 4x4 - again a wonderful experience with this great group of people. :)

The difference for me between this trip and the previous one is that I got to better understand what I can do with my car;
and also to be more confident in gaining enough speed to go up bigger dunes and crossing crests.

One thing I need to better do is how to manage my gears: when to go in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear;
and also very importantly when to change gears when ascending a dune (changing gears means a sudden lack of acceleration at that moment - which I find is a little tricky to manage sometimes).

I am really looking forward to the next trip with you guys. :)

Also I am leaving you with a small video I created to share this trip with my friends (speed is x5). Enjoy!
[video=youtube;OFiVz5nx7ow][/video]
Waya

I hope you like these pictures from the trip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.