You Only Pop-out Twice

Doctor

Good morning ALMOSTERS

I would like to share with you my feelings about yesterdays trip,, this was my 2nd drive with the club, my admiration and respect is growing everyday for the dedication, honesty, kindness, efficiency and proficiency of the Marshals, those people who are exposing themselves to danger, dedicating time and effort, willingly helping when we are stuck or in trouble, putting sweat and money for us (completely strange people), and encouraging us to do and learn from mistakes.... and all this VOLUNTARILY.
Volunteers spirit is the most noble spirit on earth, and one can never repay it, coz they are asking for nothing in return. so, respect and admiration is well deserved.

First what caught me yesterday was the amazingly beautiful terrine, mouth watering challenging dunes, which we had a small bit of, and promised to have a full taste in the near future.
It was a nice enjoyable drive, no major issues, no pop outs, Marshals made sure that everyone felt comfortable, our leader cleverly mixed the fast pace with technically demanding dunes with a slower smoother pace, it was a good training, with good people
thx and regards
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Almosters, what a great drive yesterday! For my second drive I was again impressed by the efficiency and dedication of the Marshalls, particularly our illustrious Chief Marshall Caprihorse who remained (relatively!) calm throughout the drive with us new newbies. Thanks to Al-Shamsi too for organising and leading. Having the Radio in the vehicle you can hear the high level of interaction and encouragement from the Marshalls, a true eye opener and evidence of their dedication. Thanks from me for all us Newbies.

So, the drive. I invited two friends along for the ride and they both loved it - one has joined today (Jason) and he is looking out for a CM drive soon in his yet to be christened (by him) TJ. Amazing to see so many like minded people (and cars) rock up at the Al Faqa Adnoc station. It was an ALMOST full takeover of the forecourt until the friendly police turned up! A quick move of everyone to the car oark at the back, Al Shamsi and Caprihorse briefing and we were off.

A bit of a slow start once on the sand, however once everyone was sorted there was some good challenging terrain to negotiate, and I am sure we all learned a lot about our cars and our skills. For myself, one stuck (lifted off the gas too soon and 4 wheel no drive on the crest of a dune!) The snatch team did their job and I sailed over the second time.

A great afternoon in some of the best desert scenery I have witnessed so far in my time in Dubai. Cannot wait to see more of it with my new family!

A couple of mentions - well done again Camille, you battled through and made it to the end. Sandra, even with the mighty FJ they aren't immune to getting stuck, again, great to see you out there.

A final note, I have now decided to retire the GC to the daily drive to work for fear of wrecking it (point taken Caprihorse!) and the next time you see me I hope to be in my new ride - doing the deal this week. 'The Beast" was great out there however there are too many plastic bits underneath which wont stay there for long. She is groaning a bit today so a quick valet then into the Shop for some warranty repairs!!

Enjoy the pictures - my friend Jason took some video so I will post the link when he has processed it.

See you in the sand in a couple of weeks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1512[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1513[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1514[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1515[/ATTACH]
Camille

With small dunes which overlap, some challenging ascending slopes :013:, soft sand areas, the terrain was perfect for fresh newbies to practice and get more confidence.
Despite some mistakes, yesterday I really felt the drive, it was awesome. Keeping momentum, do not fight against gravity, let the engine do the braking are basic rules but which makes everything going smoother once understood. Thank you Marshalls for your invaluable support and for leading us to such a beautiful place. Driving in the late afternoon light of Al Faqah was a pure moment of pleasure.
Hongbin

It was indeed a very nice drive. Thanks to Yongybear for the leading, Abu Jimmy for guardian and strawb for support. As said, terrain is tricky, soft sands and sharp ridge requires more skills and technique. Keeping momentum is always a rule of thumb, but facing this type of dunes, you will need more knowledge of your own toy. I found it very helpful to get myself even closer to my land rover. very much enjoyed driving in desert with all Almosters. Thanks for your great companion.
Waya

I would like to thank all Marshals for giving us a great weekend filled with lot of excitement and fun. I would like to thank Bu Salem for leading, Cheif Marshal Caprihorse for ensuring the convoy for doing well. Zico was ensuring the stuck vehicles were moved effortlessly. Once again thank you. See you soon on the sand :Psmiley:
Suhail
Advance
Advance

Bu Salem, AlKhatib, Capri, Abu Jimmy, Yoghy, Zico and all Almost4x4 members.. you are amazing people.... Thank you all
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Trip started with a 1h and 30 drive sign in the gps for destination arrival, quick view to the time and €%2$/&¥€ is already 14:00!! Finally alternative road thru Al Maha forest taken and what a wide decision and fantastic view, no radars and no one on the road.The real trip started following yogybear tracks and supervise by Abu jimmy around short but very tricky dunes with soft sand. It was the first real off road trip in the afternoon and it was very relaxing to see the sunset from the sand. Old bies convoy enjoy without any reall issues and it was really nice to see so many new driver join almost 4x4 for the new season newly started!

Thanks again all of you for another great weekend,

See you on the sand
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Bomolin;27934] Strip started...........
[/quote]

.........:zomg::zomg::zomg:.........
No offence bro...just for laughs:secret laugh:
skawkji

Hello Guys,

It was again great driving with you last Friday, i enjoyed it even though i got stuck twice :(

I wanted to share with you some points that maybe helpful for others and that I will try to avoid in the future trips:

1- Try dont loosing focus even if you got some troubles, actually i lost some of my concentration when i knew that the liner of my right wheel went out, so felt like i missed a part from my own body :)
2- Our colleague in front of me was having a modified truck and was going outside the main track, and that led me to miss the main track, try always to focus on at least 2 car in front to know the exact track and not going into troubles.
3- Try to calm down if you have any technical problem, when i was stuck i got troubles engaging the 4WL, had to restart my car to engage! (I will service it)
4- If you change your tires make sure they are the same or check if you still have enough clearance, I changed my tires (originally 165) to 175, so my tires were hitting the wheel liner on pressure. I decided to lift my car a bit to avoid any other problem in the future and have more front clearance.
5- Double check that you have a rear towing point (I was thinking that it is already included in the car !!)

Finally I have a question for experts for when driving down a steep dune: should we be worry about the car stuck at the bottom ? can we continue braking/engaging 1/2 gear until we are horizontal again?

Thanks all, looking forward to see you again in the next trip....

Saadi