A Lot Like Love For Sand

BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Thanks to Khatib and Abu Jimmy leading the third convoy, safe and sound!
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

I do not know from where to start...in brief, it was one more amazing drive with Almost4x4.

There were three convoys one for CM in different meeting point and two Newbies at Al Badayer shops; I was in the first one which has 8 newbies in additional to the intermediate and advanced drivers.
The drive was very interesting and went very well with one pop-out and I think two stuck where Al Khatib was leading the convoy selecting great, enjoyable challenging truck...many thanks Khatib.....:like:
Abu Jimmy was sweeping making sure the convoy move safely and smoothly watching the drivers carefully and advise as needed...your efforts and advices are highly appreciated....:045:
thanks for all the drivers for the great company and good drive
here is my record of the trip (other parts coming soon).
thank you Almost4x4...keep it up

[video=youtube;ySKD2Lk7zMY][/video]
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was included in second convoy which was lead by Abu Salim and Sweeping by Hamdan. Initially the drive was relaxed. then Abu salim broadcast on radio - get ready for the session and no more nice guy. Wawwww that started there it was nise. and being behind the leading car would be this amazing i never thought. Almost all possible techniques which is allowed for a newbie was applied by shamsi. the convoy was in time but due to ME and MCAP whole convoy delayed for 1:30 hr.

I was stuck- just not a stuck royal stuck. were words are not sufficient to explain, yasir is having good photos of that in his Facebook. see the photo and feel free to comment by tagging me.

But it was another awesome day by Almoste4x4 as well as Nature.

Thanks to SHamsi and HAmdan

And special Salutues to ALMOST4X4 marshals to handle 4 convoy in same day. great patience. and great teachers
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Bu Shahid ... A wonderful visual trip report :thumbsup:
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Iqsaan;27631]Thanks Bu Shahid ... A wonderful visual trip report :thumbsup:[/quote]

thank you, I wish you were able to join us...it was very good one.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was an another amazing friday with almosters. A relax club member trip become an excited semi- intermediate trip as bu salem explained after the briefing. Lead by Alkhatib,the triip was a high level newbie trip with some challenges area where the crew managed quite well. Myself got stuck twice (in very easy areas) and it gave me the lesson of "always looking forward like a river" never get distress or MDG will show up, specially if you own a shinny color wrangler.Thanks alkhatib for the leading and abu jimmy for the guidelines and suggestions as always

Very exciting trip, where a total of 4 convoys were organized from marshall (seems a very exigent season has started).

Looking forward for the next weekend and for the meanwhile i keep enjoying with bu rashid video and facebook pictures with a lot of new faces.

Keep up the sand desire
Jabster
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm not surprised to see so many satisfied testimonials above. It was a lovely trip with some wonderful people. Many of whom I imagine will be a part of our club for a long time to come. Camila - you were so brave. Facing any fear is not easy and as a previous person said - you did everything on that day - so each time will be a little easier.

For me it was nice to be back in the sand and driving and was pleased with the performance of Desert Cloud.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Jabster
Vishal

Had A Great Time !!!
Our Waiting Time Was More Dan Moving Time ( no prob)
had a first off road Drive On My New BEAST
Best Moment Was:
Yohgy Got Stuck =))
N had Fun With Mubz
Thnx All For D Ride !!!!!!
Waiting for a another 1 ........

See You All In Sand !!!! :D
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Alkhatib and Abu Jimmy many thanks indeed for leading us through a tough, technical but very exciting drive.
I learnt a few 'lessons', not least getting stuck in a V-shaped ditch, and getting my very first pop-out! After a self-recovery from the ditch, my mistake the second time was going way too high on the dune, bringing me at 90 degrees straight into the ditch.
My other challenge on occasions was deciding which tracks were the Marshals tracks, as sometimes cars in front of me were taking very different lines.
Amazing ... more of the same please!
/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=ginger;27646] Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Alkhatib and Abu Jimmy many thanks indeed for leading us through a tough, technical but very exciting drive.
I learnt a few 'lessons', not least getting stuck in a V-shaped ditch, and getting my very first pop-out! After a self-recovery from the ditch, my mistake the second time was going way too high on the dune, bringing me at 90 degrees straight into the ditch.
My other challenge on occasions was deciding which tracks were the Marshals tracks, as sometimes cars in front of me were taking very different lines.
Amazing ... more of the same please!
/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} [/quote]

Thanks, a very nice report, I like it.
  • Ditches are everywhere, waiting for innocent off-roaders
  • Never cross Marshal's top line
  • Look always ahead, to other cars, not only below the bumper of the car in front of you
  • Use your own brain, instead of driving others mistakes
  • My 5 Dhs