Urgent advice is required

Humanfaith

Dear Almostors
What is your advise on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 210hp / weight 2,200kg
This is for daily use but typically targeting off-road/ desert drive.
Thank you for your support as I need your advice mainly by today if you have time to respond
Thanks
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Humanfaith;27383 wrote:Dear Almostors
What is your advise on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 210hp / weight 2,200kg
This is for daily use but typically targeting off-road/ desert drive.
Thank you for your support as I need your advice mainly by today if you have time to respond
Thanks
As you said, it's good for daily use...
Humanfaith

Thank you chief for the immediate support and well noted.
cyanide

Hi,
I don't see any problem with the mentioned car it can go off road with no issues.
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

I am no expert but by chance been in a mechanic's similar model grand cherokee just yesterday and off-course was discussing the same with him. He mentioned and even i noticed there was alot of shaking in the interior although he only drives on road. He also added that it is full of electronics sensors and chips, which makes it not very suitable for real off-roading. I guess beach and badayer plain ground is fine:yarr:. Rest the experts inputs...
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

The very same story of the Durango. You do the math .:sick:
What goes around , comes around .
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

My advice is to go for old model Cherokee (till 2001) or Wrangler if looking for low budget car.
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was driving V6 2003 model Grand cherokee laredo. Was good enougf to perform. but from 2005 onwords the Transfer case and gear had changed. the 2005 transfer case shifting it is controlled electronicly and the drive shaft is light weight - serious offroading the shaft getting damag very fast (one of my friend - jeep mechanic informed me) and if you realy stickk to grand cherokee go for V8 model - overland. still you need to maintain a lot. it will give you confort drive-so you need to comfort your car- mutual agreement
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

my advise ........

dont get sucked in by the cheap price of available 2nd hand vehicles in the market ...... you may get them cheap but you most probably will end up in spending the same amount or even more to get it road worthy aside from the modifications required to get it off road ready

if you get a car which is 8 years old or older ....... expect a lot of things to be repaired and replaced ...... it comes with the bargain and the experience you will get from prepping up your offroad vehicle will be priceless ......

every car has its advantages but the knowledge of how to get the right one is an expensive investment

hope this food for thought helps
delta83
Advance
Advance

PATROL SWB all the way .... and forget about SHJ industrial area :killzonesmiley::killzonesmiley: