Urgent advice is required

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

@Delta - The muscle of the patrol SWB isnt seeing any desert action
Humanfaith

THANK you ALL for the prompt support

Very valuable feedback from experienced off-roaders which i hope it can assist others to consider making the right choice much as did for me.

All the Best
Maddie

After reading extensively offroading forums UAE Wide, spoken to many offroaders from Saudi Arabia and read Aussie Sites ; one thing is clear - Toyota or Nissan !!

With very little modification, they become the perfect toys and also need very little maintenance as their ability to bear offroad abuse is legendary. Of course I speak about the previous models as I have no experience of newer models.

Land Rovers do amazingly well in Welsh mud and Scottish mountains, and in Africa, even in Amazonia when used heavily but sensibly. But their capability in the highest of dunes leaves a lot to be desired.

Same applies to Jeeps and American Rigs. They do very well in Mountains and Marshes with necessary modification and routine upkeep maintenance but don't do so STOCK. Also, these rigs cannot cope with the desert very well in stock form because they were'nt intended for this purpose. And their spares are, well costly. Many who prefer Jeeps as a toy do so because of their used price, CHEAP.

And a lot many others love it in their hearts. That is the Jeep Legend. it grows on you.

I named my Jeep Black Magic, beats me why I did so because all she has done is broken down all the time but I always wanted one since childhood and hence, I love her!!

JALs on the other hand were designed for our terrain, the ideal lovers who are rather helped by MDG. why? because they know how to love her :059:.
Years of research and developement just make these rigs better and better . Added to that, the huge Australian after market which offers variety and choice to JALs because of similiar environment.

So, if you are a Jeeper, look for Jeeps.

But if you are looking for a dependable strong 4x4 , look for a Jap, Nissan or Toyota.

And that's a Newbie's 2 cents.
delta83
Advance
Advance

strawb;27487 wrote:@Delta - The muscle of the patrol SWB isnt seeing any desert action
Soon bro, I will be back in October.. when the heat is less :)