[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track38.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a very an amazing drive this morning. Everyone came on time to meeting point hence we start at sharp 6:15am.
We proceeded at a swift pace through the powder soft sand and ascended to the top of Fossil Rock , followed by a steady descent down the steep. After that we move towards Camel Rock, Al-Faya, Pink Rock, Big-Red and finally Al Badayer Shops at 9:15am.
It was a smooth and fast pace drive with only two stucks (one was mine). Thanks Almost4x4 for such a memorable trip.

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great trip, Nise views, and deadly to drive behind Cheif. Ho God. it was my first time to drive behind cheif a 2nd lead. (2nd lead was rotating with all drivers) i hope they also felt the same today. We started in time. short briefing on the windy climate. and the engines started. and chief started towrds fossil rock from the side as usal. but today the track was loose sand like powder and we can feel the car back side getting drifted whicle trying for climb with curves. but is was a assome drive. then we desent from fossil rock and started towards camel rock, unfortunately the track was capri track. which you should follow strictly what capri is doing. or else u will momentum. there one of the car got stuck "fortunatly no ALmost4x4 cars got stuck" (i think stuck car was driving with almost4x4 as guest) you guys should have there. that time. to see difference between Almost4x4 Marshals and others - live (unfortunatly i wasnt able to cover that moment in video) it was funny when u think in almost4x4 style (not stuck) the way of recovery and on and on and on.

Later we all managed to cross capri favarate ditch and (me second time) move forword. then i got a call from Shamsi to go back and rescue Yasir as i was his buddy. (i think it was backside of alfaya). After Yasir recovery we moved to Alfaya. On the way we meet the other covoy leading by lamboo. we greated each other by honking then Alfaya to Pink rock and back to AL Badeyar.

The trip was awsome and dunes was looking great.

Thanks to Cheif, Yogibear, and Shamsi
Zorro
Advance
Advance

Hi guys,

this is my trip report...

[video=youtube;DZAFtZjrZ5w][/video]
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Zorro;27361]Hi guys,

this is my trip report...

[/quote]

Great piece of work, good job Zorro.
KayTo

Thanks for the video Zorro, it's really cool! Great drive yesterday, thanks to the Marshals for a great route and for watching over the convoy. The area we drove in was nice as were the views we enjoyed along the way. Looking forward to the next trip!
Maddie

Excellent Effort, Amazing Result ... Thanks Zorro
Code Red

Great video Zorro. Thanks for sharing
Adnan
Advance
Advance

It was a very nice drive yesterday, thanks to Caprihorse, Bu Salem, Yoghybear and all the gang..

[quote=refad;27354].......... there one of the car got stuck "fortunatly no ALmost4x4 cars got stuck" (i think stuck car was driving with almost4x4 as guest) you guys should have there. that time. to see difference between Almost4x4 Marshals and others - live (unfortunatly i wasnt able to cover that moment in video) it was funny when u think in almost4x4 style (not stuck) the way of recovery and on and on and on..[/quote]
Dear Refad thank you for you comprehensive trip report, however, some mistakes you fell in, and some facts are slipped out of your mind,,,,,,,
Please allow me humbly to drag your attention to some of them:

1- The guy which you referred that he had stuck IS NOT A GUEST but genuine ALMOSTER otherwise he will NOT be invited to this special members drive!!!!!! Hope you well understand this otherwise you need to check the same with the club management .

2- Desrt drive is a combination in car ability and the driver capability, so don't blame any body for such issues!!! (i.e. if you wear your pampers you'll not be able to run properly even if you are the world champion )

3- Based on the above you cannot judge the others capability by your own decision especially when you don't have any idea about them.
the same guy which you referred to is one of most professional off road LEADER IN UAE and I am sure you'll be extremely disable to follow him in any of his advanced trips. ( you can browse YouTube to make sure of my word)

Now.. Why he joined this trip !!! Because he is real off roader and then he respect the Almost4x4 rules,,, even he is one of the GULF NEWS famous annually event MARSHALS.

4- The real off roaders attitude cannot accept your quoted statement of comparison,,,, The off road trade is a plural activity (not solo one) so everybody is exposed to get stuck (it's normal and nature game).

Every day we have something to learn how to play with Mother Nature,,, and we are pleased to learn the driving skills from you whenever you are free to do so.

My great wishes to you to be one of the greatest Marshals as then you will not mis estimate who you don't know.

Wish to meet with you again and again to learn from you brother. ;)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=admin;353]
Many ask for the reason, why did we choose this name ?[CENTER] ALMOST4x4 = Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills [/CENTER]

The club´s name was chosen from various reasons, as mentioning just few of them:
  1. Catchy and easy to remember
  2. Encouraging the new drivers and non off-roaders
  3. No matter how much experience you have, you still learn on every trip
[/quote]

I hope this will clear the club philosophy in the last line ... like what Adnan mentioned
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills