Catch Me If You Can

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Mubz;27245]Chief for education purpose only: those who had to do more than one attempt was it due to incorrect angle ? or not enough speed ? or soft sand ? I can see the Last car took a different track skipping the soft sand all the way is this the right way to approach ?[/quote]

In most cases it was underestimating the terrain, seeing just the aliens in the sky, when climbing up, and not enough practice in reading the dunes...
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

hello all,

this is part 2 of the video and it shows Capri video but from different angle, enjoy it :have a nice day:

[video=youtube;QBsoJfUgHYQ][/video]
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

last part...

[video=youtube;6s385mAK9RU][/video]
Maddie

[quote=caprihorse;27261]In most cases it was underestimating the terrain, seeing just the aliens in the sky, when climbing up, and not enough practice in reading the dunes...[/quote]

From Chief's Video, I have made the following observations

1. The participants were simply following the same eroded tracks left by the previous driver, even though they saw the struggle.
2. Fida's decsent into the ditch, steering to the left and speeding off out of it taught me a lesson. I made the same move a couple of weeks ago but I forrgot Chiefbs golden advise, Don't fight Madam gravity. I tried to climb back on by steering right and when I couldn't, I braked. Lucky I didn't roll over while trying to self recover.
3. Yoghybear's climb taught us to read the dune as well as the track. See what the drivers ahead of you did. Follow the track, not the ditches. We can see he just crossed the eroded track but did not leave the track a lot.

I actually enjoyed my second drive when all I could see in front of me were ditches left by my fellow newbies.
mcap

Sorry for the late update. Here's some end of drive shots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1478[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.