Catch Me If You Can

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Eight intrepid offroaders assembled at the Al Khatam exit and hurriedly prepared their vehicles for this notorious drive.
Caprihorse swiftly lead us into the sand , with Yoghybear driving alongside the convoy in support and Al Shamsi as sweep in MiniMe.

We proceeded at a swift pace through the powder soft sand and ascended to the top of Fossil Rock , followed by a steady descent down the steep , soft slipface on windward side.
From there it was a quick drive to Camel Rock and then on to 2nd December where the entire convoy successfully climbed to the top of the highest dune .

A brief pause for some playtime before we set off for Badayer at the same blistering pace... the drive concluded at 9:25am with a climb up Big Red.

This was an amazing drive through very soft sand and a number of tricky , technical patches.
We maintained a quick pace through the entire drive and all the 'advanced' newbies drove extremely well , with just one pop-out and two stucks which were dealt with swiftly using the buddy recovery system.

Thanks Caprihorse for carving an awesome track and offering us another incredible learning opportunity
Thanks Yoghybear for the support
Thanks Al Shamsi for the early morning snack and the guidance crossing over Fossil Rock.
and to my fellow offroaders , it was a pleasure driving with you all.
Maddie

Hopefully eight new Intermediate stars will be falling tonight In Sha Allah
Hongbin

It was a very enjoyable drive this morning. Everyone came to meeting point on time and deflated quickly. After a brief, we set off into desert. The first mile or so gave us a quite challenge, soft sands combined with a long climb, which made me struggle for catching up the pace. We had rules particularly for this convey and I had some time to get used to it. Two obeseravtions from marshals on me, I believe. One is communicating with others and the other is backing from a failed first attempt to climb a slope. With regard to communication, most time I did not understand it was communicating to me for whatever reason. Backing from a slope, I did not back straightforward because I was trying to get some gravity on the slope in a hope to get over it. Alshamsi went up and showed the right way to make a 2nd attempt, then I learned that way.

Thanks to Capri, Alshamsi, Roberto, and other senior members who observed and safe guarded our driving this morning. Very happy to see some old frends again.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics

Summary
Distance: 42.6 km
Area: 1.7 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:50:24
Moving Time: 1:44:42
Stopped Time: 1:05:42

Speed
Avg: 15 km/h
Avg Moving: 24 km/h
Max: 65 km/h

Elevation
Min: 141 m
Max: 293 m
Ascent: 1264 m
Descent: 1242 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track37.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

The trip started with a silence met up in Capriland...waiting ahead what kind of trip were prepared for us and it was not less than great! Smooth dancing around the dunes, slippery terrain, a bit of side cresting and continuos ups and downs all along the way. It was a intense trip but a lot of fun, where we saw the evolution of many members who we started together and looking forward for the next level, more challenge, more adventures, and much more more fun with almosters.

Thanks again for another memorable Friday morning, no better way to start the weekend than with Almost 4x4

See you on the sand
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

The dream of each newbie...Catch me if you can :pacman:

my day started very early and met with Almosters, at the meeting point the event started at 6:30 am towards the Fossil rock where the sand was very soft, pass through the fossil rock and its amazing view then to Al Faya, Camel rock, Pink rock and up to the big red where it was finished officially, the drive was very interesting and enjoyable.

The trip went smooth in general with only two stuck and one pop out which were solved in no time, thank you Iksan for your help. my turn was the second after Iksan's turn as during the trip we were changing the second lead one by one for certain duration decided by our chief. after I finished my turned and went to the end of the convoy and near to the Camel rock I had a pop out in my front left tire after sharp turn.
Regardless the importance of this drive for each one of us, it was a great trip and the drivers left with big smile on face in additional to the new skills.

Many thanks Almost4x4 for such memorable trip.
great thanks to our Chief for his great lead and hospitality in his famous land....
Many thanks to Bu Salem and Yoghybear for the sweep and support

looking forward for more....:in love:

Here is the first part of my recording

[video=youtube;js_qrOTK_aI][/video]
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good Video ... Thanks Bu Shahid
Keep them coming !!!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[video=youtube_share;hRzzlVEZN5o][/video]
Mubz

Chief for education purpose only: those who had to do more than one attempt was it due to incorrect angle ? or not enough speed ? or soft sand ? I can see the Last car took a different track skipping the soft sand all the way is this the right way to approach ?