Maddie's Unlucky day

Maddie

strawb;26975 wrote:You can gt wheels from JUBA after you cross the 1st signal
Strawb, you mean on BMW Road? You reckon I can get a better price? This may sound stupid but are all these wheels same or there are cheaper knockouts that i have to lookout for.... :sigh: much appreciate your reply
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

MaddieTJ;26973 wrote:Abu Jimmy , got 16x8 gtwheels at 750+my tj rims.
Was wondering if I should go for 16x10 because In Sha Allah, I plan to upgrade tow 265-45R16 BFGoodrich ATs. Any idea what width the TJ company rims are?
stock rims are 7.5 " wide . I recall you use the TJ as a daily use car , so the 16x8 will be a good choice . although the 16x10 will look much better with BF tyres , it will have impact on fuel consumption ( heavier than 16x8 ) and the tyres may rub the fender flares while off-roading ( wider by 2" than 16x8 ) . considering a less aggressive thread tyres would also be a good idea .( Yokohama Geo-lander AT-S , or Cooper Discoverer AT-3 ) especially if the car is on stock suspension .
What goes around , comes around .
Maddie

Yes Abu Jimmy, the TJ is my daily driver but not for long. It has a 2" lift with Sanayia Springs and Malaysian Yellow Shocks (from the previous owner).

Fuel Consumption on my rig is 100AED/250 KMS, I got Mopar NGK plugs yesterday night, I will put that in today ...

Regarding the Rim size, I agree with you that 16x10 would look much better but would not suit my usage. I noticed that the GTWheels are much deeper than stock, is it because of the bolt location? is it what's called offset? ...

what's your advise about the tyre size? 245/45 R16 or 245/65/ R16? I dont want to lose power for size.

Also, I have a KN Intake which I took off before. Shall I re-install it? Does it make any noticable gains (Chief, I know you are reading this, please your advise).

As ever, thank you everyone for your input...
Maddie

Abu Jimmy;26978 wrote:stock rims are 7.5 " wide . I recall you use the TJ as a daily use car , so the 16x8 will be a good choice . although the 16x10 will look much better with BF tyres , it will have impact on fuel consumption ( heavier than 16x8 ) and the tyres may rub the fender flares while off-roading ( wider by 2" than 16x8 ) . considering a less aggressive thread tyres would also be a good idea .( Yokohama Geo-lander AT-S , or Cooper Discoverer AT-3 ) especially if the car is on stock suspension .
Yes Abu Jimmy, the TJ is my daily driver but not for long. It has a 2" lift with Sanayia Springs and Malaysian Yellow Shocks (from the previous owner).

Fuel Consumption on my rig is 100AED/250 KMS, I got Mopar NGK plugs yesterday night, I will put that in today ...

Regarding the Rim size, I agree with you that 16x10 would look much better but would not suit my usage. I noticed that the GTWheels are much deeper than stock, is it because of the bolt location? is it what's called offset? does it affect the driveablity or handling?...

what's your advise about the tyre size? 245/45 R16 or 245/65/ R16? I dont want to lose power for size.

Also, I have a KN Intake which I took off before. Shall I re-install it? Does it make any noticable gains (Chief, I know you are reading this, please your advise).

As ever, thank you everyone for your input...

PS. I have only two drives to my name, new to Jeeps, new to offroading but not the desert, hence the numerous questions and enquiries,
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;26981 wrote:Fuel Consumption on my rig is 100AED/250 KMS, I got Mopar NGK plugs yesterday night, I will put that in today ...

Regarding the Rim size, I agree with you that 16x10 would look much better but would not suit my usage. I noticed that the GTWheels are much deeper than stock, is it because of the bolt location? is it what's called offset? does it affect the driveablity or handling?...

Just a matter for benchmarking:

I'm doing on my car 400km/100Dhs (on tarmac)
245 tyres are bicycle type, not good for sand, better you go for H/T or A/T type, but definitely 275 as minimum
KN filters are using just bigger micro holes, so there is more sand coming into the cylinders, mainly when driving in the convoy
Maddie

caprihorse;26984 wrote:Just a matter for benchmarking:

I'm doing on my car 400km/100Dhs (on tarmac)
245 tyres are bicycle type, not good for sand :like:, better you go for H/T or A/T type, but definitely 275 as minimum
KN filters are using just bigger micro holes, so there is more sand coming into the cylinders, mainly when driving in the convoy
A/T sounds better , stronger side walls right?

Chief, I think the poor fuel economy is because the previous owner offroaded every weekend and he had that KN filter on , all the time. and he would always wash it with petrol, which I have been told destroys the filtering properties..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;26993 wrote:A/T sounds better , stronger side walls right?

Chief, I think the poor fuel economy is because the previous owner offroaded every weekend and he had that KN filter on , all the time. and he would always wash it with petrol, which I have been told destroys the filtering properties..
A/T or H/T does not mean anything, it depends on manufacturer, e.g. Dunlop looks always flat after deflation

Poor fuel economy, depends mainly on driver's habits. We are off-roading every Friday and fuel economy stays always constant.

KN Filters shouldn't be washed by petrol or in dishwasher or in washing machine. There is a special liquid sold by KN, to clean the filter, but I think, they are just trying to increase their revenues by this strategy. Normally, it should be replaced at standard intervals, the same way as stock filter.