Thank you marshals Capri and Abu Jimmy

Thank you All the drivers who join this drive and my passengers Yasir & Nouman

And some pictures https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... 140&type=3
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

HERE AGAIN ... at Badayer

The convoy of Newbies were geared and ready to leave Badayer at 6:15am ...
However , after a substantial delay waiting for a participant we began our trip at 7am.

Caprihorse lead us up all the high dunes on our way to Iftar bowl where the newbie convoy was allowed (for the first time) to climb to the top from the rear side .
We had a brief pause at Iftar bowl to allow the Intermediates/Advance drivers to play .. From there it was off to Super Bowl and then on the gatch road back to Badayer ; where we arrived a few minutes after 9:30am.

It was a smooth drive with no stucks , minimal retries and the only breaks were during the two pop-outs...
It was a pleasure driving with this convoy of 'advanced' newbies .

Thanks Caprihorse for yet another incredible route and learning experience
Thanks Abu Jimmy for the support (not much work for you today ... LOL)
Thanks Desert Lizard for the assistance.
Thanks to Bu Shahid , Ginger , Baher , Iskander and others for the good company

See you HERE AGAIN soon...
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

A big 'thank you' to all the organisers.
This mornings' trip was a huge amount of fun, and my skills were certainly 'tested' on a few occasions.
I had the unusual benefit of a 'co-pilot' , giving me helpful tips especially on how to keep the vehicle in 'gear 2' for much of the flat and down, and only shifting to 'gear 1' when going up or on a side-slope. (Many thanks Melfi, I promise to practice this!)
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

After my vacation. it was a good start. Thank you Capri, Abu Jimmy. The drive was awsome. Today i love to thank our newbee team including me to keeping the convoy fast and with minimal recovery (with out recovery process drive will not complte-need to burn caloires :Psmiley:) thanks Rashid for sharing the pictures.

:thumbsup: thanks DL for advising me to check the pressure of my Tire- lol one tyre was with 16psi.
KayTo

Thanks to the marshals for the great trip, enjoyed it a lot. The convoy went at a good pace and was nice and smooth. Great group to drive with, I look forward to the next time!
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

what a day!!!! :like:

I was the first one to arrive to Al Badayer shops at 5:50 then almosters started to join one by one deflate and get ready to move, we were around 17 cars (10 newbies) and were in sand after short brief by our chief marshal Capri, I was the third car after Capri and Iksan (We swapped positions with Iksan after reaching the Iftar bowl), it was a great challenging track selected carefully by our Chief to enhance our off-roading driving skills, we climbed the five big dunes starting from Al Badayer to Iftar bowl then to the super bowl (it is amazing place and this is my first time to that area).

Iksan and I were lucky enough to have the chance to climbed to the top of the Iftar bowl dun from the backside (thank you Capri), were as the rest of the cars came from different rout.
big smile was on everybody's face when we back to the inflating point as the trip was great, interesting and safe with only two pop-outs and few second rounds.

Many thanks for the great lead Capri, big thanks for Abu Jimmy and his endless support and advice and many thanks for the rest of the drivers for the great company.

keep it up Almost4x4 and see you all soon in sand....
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

A magnificent trip from every aspect ( except the weather of-course:melt: ) , great track lead by the chief who was really enjoying the virgin dunes and the relatively firm sand . all the drivers where at their best mode , performance and convoy discipline . we covered a good distance of around 30 km in a fast pace with no stops except for one popuot ( newbie ) and very few extra rounds .

Special thanks to Capri for the perfect recipe of Lead , track and drivers .:killzonesmiley:

Big thank you to Rashid and Yasir for documenting this great trip with marvelous pics . :playingsmiley:

A true love you all to all participants for making my day . ( didn't have to use my viking recovery rope at all. :thumbsup:
What goes around , comes around .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Abu Jimmy;26834] didn't have to use my viking recovery rope at all. :thumbsup:[/quote]

LooooooooooL :like: :have a nice day: