[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track34.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

A really fun trip , with I think 22 cars in the convoy. Night driving has it's added challenges, and I found some of the dunes around Fossil Rock quite hard to judge. There was one tricky part with 2 dunes close together followed by a long drop, and I remember seeing dark area of sand and thinking they were bowls when in fact they were just shadows!
When we reached Pick Rock the humidity dropped, and the wind blew from the desert making it very pleasant. Lots of great chitchat, and of course wonderful food (I particularly liked the Fareed!) Many thanks to all the organizers.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

As usual, one more well organized trip with almost4x4...
I was so excited for the night drive with promising plan as promised by Capri, around 35 km of interesting track through Sharjah desert from Sharjah Kalba road to fossil rock, Al Faya, 2nd of December till the camp area at pink rock.
the weather was pit hot turned to be great after 1 am.
great group and chit chat with lovely food and sweets and tasty Arabic coffee from Bu Salem :like:
few cars stayed to the end (Bu Salem, Abu Jimmy, Hokey, Ginger and myself) we left the camp around 3 am and reach to AD around 5:30 am.
Special thanks for Bu Salem for the delicious food, many thanks for Capri for interesting rout.
looking forward for the next trip
Mubz

Sorry for the late report, just been busy with Family and all.

Well the trip was a decision to make between 1st family and 2nd family and with my convincing skills I managed to bring my family to the family :)

So the journey began, I met Al khatib, zico and Abu Jimmy at the Emirates petrol station and then I followed Abu Jimmy to the deflation point, since I was running late I had to quickly deflate and join the convoy on my First every Proper night Drive and oh boy it was amazing Route selected by organizers was just as promised in the email long and fast and some surprising drops and mix of everything at some point I managed to touch 100 Km/h I felt like flying in the desert it was simply awesome, when we reached Pink Rock everyone was carrying a big smile :)

After that it was a quick chit chat session it was nice everyone was participating and enjoying the conversation :) and then to set the mood up Bu Salim went behind his car and came back with Arabic coffee ( special thanks to Bu Salim)

and then followed by food of all sorts it was simply awesome and was rightly called sahoor breeze it was really nice :)

Special thanks to everyone for the company, food and Hats off to the organizers / marshals it was memorable trip.

See you all soon in Sands :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

The Suhoor Trip supposed to be organized by me but for a technical issue our chief marshal decided to take the lead “Thanks Capri”…. Since Thursday is a working day it was a busy day for me and I was the last to reach the drive, actually I had to catch up with the convoy which would make it unprofessional. Since our marshals work as a team if one fall down the others can immediately cover up “TEAM WORK”.

The route we chose is usually we use for our club members’ drive but the night ingredient added some spices to it, I think this is a good insight for our newbies to understand why we keep the night drives for INTERMEDIATE ++ or ADVANCED drives.

At Camp site we had two options either the higher ground with a very nice wind but a bit difficult for drivers to leave by their own and a smaller place for the whole pack. The second option was the mid high ground with easy exit and wider space for everyone to gather around.

With our camping experience we know that there are two kinds of winds at night:

1. The Sea direction which is usually full with humidity & relatively hot.
2. The desert direction which is usually dry and sometimes cold even in summer.

The desert direction wind usually between 12 – 2 am so we were hoping to have a nice “SUHOOR BREEZE” by the time we reach the camp site.

It was nice to see everyone relaxed after the drive, chit chatting & sharing food. I think it is good memory to have about the nights in Ramadan. Till then see you soon in the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Humanfaith

What the black points referred to in Capri report are about?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Humanfaith;26615]What the black points referred to in Capri report are about?[/quote]

The black points are appointed to those drivers, who did register, taking space in the planned convoy and at the end didn't arrive to the trip.

Did you read this?

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ts-system/
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Humanfaith;26615]What the black points referred to in Capri report are about?[/quote]

If you register for a trip and do not attend you receive black points... You will be penalised on your next trip by not being allowed to register .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Iqsaan;26617]If you register for a trip and do not attend you receive black points... You will be penalised on your next trip by not being allowed to register .[/quote]

[quote=caprihorse;26616]The black points are appointed to those drivers, who did register, taking space in the planned convoy and at the end didn't arrive to the trip.

Did you read this?

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ts-system/[/quote]

1. If you don’t show up in TWO consecutive trips, then when you register, your name will go automatically to the waiting list.

2. If you don’t show up in THREE separate trips within ONE WHOLE YEAR, then when you register, your name will go automatically to the waiting list.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills