Eggs in Basket Game 2013

Mubz

[quote=Melfi;26082]
And Mubz - you are welcome :028:[/quote]

You are a super star :045:, A dinner table :very_drunk:and Flowers are awaiting for you :cheerful::cheerful:, need your precious time :)
Mubz

[quote=Bomolin;26084]PD: I try do not mentioned him...as many people tried but is very difficult because thanks to him we learned where we should not go....... Thanks MubZ!!!!!:027::027:
[/quote]

Anytime bomolin I am more than happy to get stuck every time if it helps my fellow Drivers not to get stuck :)
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

Sorry for the late report.... I have been to Malaysia and back.
Too much to see in KL, so no time in the hotel to do reports.

This was "Egg Basket v3" for me and I was super excited to be doing it in a new area.

EB v1 scared me as it was my first real attempt at finding my own route. I made lots of mistakes and got stuck, hurt my bumper and came home realising how much there is still to learn.

EB v2 was less scary and more of a personal spot test of my skills. I loved it and enjoyed the challenge.

EB v3 had the fear of the unknown because of the new area. The reports from the Marshals, prior to us starting, were gloomy. Marshals getting stuck trying to lay out the route......

My plan was:

Drive safely and conservatively, try not to get stuck or hurt my car and most importantly, to HAVE FUN.

I love every second of the drive. The route was interesting and challenging.
The only weird thing was to drive past stuck cars...... it just didn't feel right.

Thanks to Almost4x4, the Marshals, the helpers and observers. An event like this take many hours of route planning before the event and huge manpower on the day.

Thanks you, it is really appreciated.

Cant wait for EB v4.

Regards
Paul
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

eggbasket 3 was definitely different as the terrain covered was wider, the dunes were bigger and the ditches are still everywhere

I was the last to be set off ....... my weapon of choice for this challenge was the 2009 JK as it had one very good advantage over the cherokee XJ ........ It was capable of airconditioning without loss of power or temperature when playing on the dunes ......

Unfortunately ....... me and the JK dont know each other that well yet and as a result i was caught sitting on top of a ridge .......

I still finished the challenge with good time but i got disqualified for not writing my name in the tally sheet ........

all in all it was a good day of competition and it was an awesome almost4x4 event

see you guys in All Lead 4 this friday

ciao
fida
Advance
Advance

Egg Basket Game.. Always gives me a thrill. Right from being an observer (during my Newbie days) to current challenger level. In Previous version I got a 2nd position (from down) and I was aiming to do well this time. At no point I was thinking to be on number one. Reache the meeting point around 7.20am. So missed the briefing. Found first car stranded on top of the dune and thought "Man it is going to be a real challenge". Well, My turn came after Kaskmir singh and There I went , following the way points. No problem at all. Started well and then when I finished the Waypoint 15, I headed to WP 11 as I thought that is closer way. On the way, A culprit thought came In my mind and thought why to go through WP 11 ? Why not directly to finish point.? there I go reaching to Nancy full of Excitement as Crossing all the way points without any Stuck or any other issue. Nancy greeting me and calling Silverser: Did Fida Crossed the Waypoint 11 2nd time ? What the ....... Why should I ? No my dear the rule is to cross WP 11 twice. Oh then I don't know I started crying foul....... Doesn't help. Go back to 11 and then come back, Shouts Nancy... So furious Fida heads back to Silvester, Shakes hand with him and angrily coming back. There we go, while side cresting a dune, Mr. Fida finds out that his tyre is giving some sound equal to a POP out. there I found out that MY Lovely FJ has again betrayed me with its Manufacturing fault. My back tyre is again cut. Rescue team in the shape of Shamsi and DL arrives and there Armin is accompanying him as well. He is becoming rescue expert :005::005::005::005:. The tyre is changed with collective help and then we reach to finish line. Thank you for your help. The rest episode is already been explained. Congratulation to Toby, Ismail and Mazaj. Toby, your speed was really amazing. It was a well organized trip but I was disappointed from lack of support as observers from Newbies as there were not much volunteers and Marshals were placed on some Check points. My message to all Newbies to be more active and extend their hands in support of making such events more memorable and in return they are having a chance to learn from their friends. In the end, all praise for Marshals to organize, support and execute such difficult format just for making more interesting for all of us. All the efforts which involves, Selecting the right area, selecting the waypoints, keeping the driving style of drivers in mind, marking, and endless other tasks before the day of competition is not an easy job and requires full dedication, personal time, personal money spent and exhausting hard work. HATS OFF to all the Marshals where they are asking nothing but all of us to just come and enjoy. Thanks to my all family members of ALMOST4X4. Keep it up
Maddie

Congratulations winners and a huge Thanks Marshals for EB. .. reading the reports makes me feel like I was right there as an audience.
Hopefully, my driving skills enable me to partake next year. ...