Eggs in Basket Game 2013

Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

What a great event...

I was in rash as I had a meeting on Thursday and it took way much longer than scheduled ending up forgetting some required items :035:, anyhow I left AD heading to the gathering points at the petrol station and reaching there exactly @ 7.30 pm as planned and met some Almosters chit chat for sometime then headed to the camping area after the rest of marshals reach.
the camp area was so flat with great weather and almost rounded moon...very nice and full of fun time spent with the group before i decided to go to sleep around midnight to get ready for the CHALLENGE :051:.
the next day started early as the first challenger should move at 7:00 am sharp after Bu Salem briefing, I was the fifth car after Hoky, Mubs, Iqsaan and Baher.
My priorities were; be safe (as much as possible), complete the whole truck, having fun and the least was racing and for sure not damage the car :011:.
Thank god, I have achieved my all goals :048: and completed the whole track with zero stuck without missing any point without any problem and with one fly
when I was awaiting Bu salem to say GO!!! I was watching my friend Mubs stuck already about 50 m from the start point which ringed the bell for me that this will not be a peace of cake...I was trying to find a start rout around Mubs position when I hear Bu Salem saying GO GO GO....oh I am in now :013: and I need all my skills (which are still need a lot of improvement) and need to consecrate 200% in order to complete the challenge; started to reach the points one by one and getting photos for each one, the dunes were very tricky and technical specially around points 4 to 7 and close enough to get me bit confused and taking some time to figure out what and where the next point. while I am in between these few dunes I saw my other friend Baher also stuck (sorry man for not giving you a hand but this is the rule), heading more to start seeing Iqsaan and we start almost moving together for little until each one find his own rout for his next point.
I was go glad to see Mini Me somewhere behind few dunes with Capri waiting for the next challenger, I crested few dunes directly to Capri and stop to shake hands and record my last point before heading to the finish point.
I could not go back directly to the finish points and I had to go bit far to turn around big dune and make it to reach Nancy at the finish point.
I was so glad to see Nancy...it means I did it...WOW...:045:...quickly completed the points on the score card (hopefully Marshals will not disqualify my because I write plastic page instead of the green face :035:)
No words can describe our thankfulness to the hug efforts made by our Great founders, marshals and crow to arrange and make this event successful, it was so organized safety was the top priority as always with Almost4x4...many thanks guys :like:

now I am awaiting the final results from the Marshals to see my timing...congratulations for the three winners :045: and thanks for the rest of the friends...

looking forward for the new trip/event....by the way Almost4x4 started to create some problems for me at home hehehe :005:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

We would like to thank all challengers, observers, time takers, audience and organizers to create such a massive and wonderful event.

Congratulations to all Winners in each individual category !!!

[IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/ebg2013-final.jpg[/IMG]

Following is the table showing the individual scoring:

[TABLE="width: 485"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Newbies[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Start #
[/TD]
[TD]Challenger[/TD]
[TD]Absolute Time[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Ismail[/TD]
[TD]00:25:00[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Bombays[/TD]
[TD]00:39:00[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Dastoori[/TD]
[TD]00:42:00[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Iqsaan[/TD]
[TD]01:35:00[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Hockey[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Mubz[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Baher[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Bu-Shahid[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]a78anwar[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Refad[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Iskander[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Bomolin[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Intermediates[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Start #
[/TD]
[TD]Challenger[/TD]
[TD]Absolute Time[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Toby[/TD]
[TD]00:32:32[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Aemi[/TD]
[TD]00:41:43[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8
[/TD]
[TD]Zarir
[/TD]
[TD]01:20:15
[/TD]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]CAMEL[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Big red[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Kashmir[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Arminjune[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Fida[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Advanced[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Start #
[/TD]
[TD]Challenger[/TD]
[TD]Absolute Time[/TD]
[TD]Position[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Mazaaj[/TD]
[TD]00:42:59[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Pwood[/TD]
[TD]00:43:20[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]strawb[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]D[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

See you all and new faces at our next challenging event.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Was quite happy when ebc was posted. This was first ever Game involving newbies in solo role. Thank Almost 4x4 to give us this opportunity. I requested Capri that due to work commitments would not make it to evening meeting place on time and was granted permission to arrive at camp site directly. Thanks Abu Jimmy for sending me coordinates. When i reached at campsite i was amazed to see such a flat land in middle of desert. Weather was amazing and in-fact i was sitting next to camp fire and enjoying the weather. Thanks Khatib and gang for karak tea. met all almosters and had great time . around 2am i went to sleep as wanted to rest. Had one thing in mind that " come what may " need to drive cautiously and have to qualify. i had seen as a observer in last event that people do tend to rush.
Got up in morning and lined up for the game. i was 12th and waiting anxiously for my turn. soon my turn came i heard bu salem saying " go go go ". I was very cautious on my approach as i wanted to finish and qualify. no matter how much time it took. Was relieved to meet and greet capri. ( awaiting your video ). Now i was extra cautious as dunes around capri were bigger than the normal. checked elevation of finish line and understood that it was at height so took the easiest route up to nancy. greeted her and handed out the paper. now was relieved as my target was achieved, to complete all points in order without getting stuck and reach finish line. soon saw other members coming in at finish line and finally heard bu salem on radio " last vehicle has left and will remove points @ 10 am . while waiting for others to arrive i remembered my first drive with almost and soon started visualizing my journey with almost. Realised that Marshals, Founders of this club has taught me so much, selfllessly without any expectation in return , that today in no time from joining i am qualifying a challenge. Thanks BU salem , Capri , Abu Jimmy , Zico , Khatib , Hamdan , Lamboo , Dl , Majaz strawb and all other seniors and fellow members to teach me and guide me throughout in my jouney :045:

Soon the winners were announced and was happy to cheer for them. guys your diamonds as gift were absolute priceless. Congrats once again to Ismail / Toby and Mazaj . we than had a group photo an moved to inflation point.

Thanks Team Almost 4x4. Had a wonderful day and see you soon.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

For me starting it itself was wrong, 23rd as I was checking my gps I found it is not caching satellites from inside my car, I have to keep it out side or needed an external antina. As it was late evening I cannot go for any alternative. Then I realized the Iphone app which I had previously installed "gpskit" I uploaded the gpx file and I got the route displayed, later I geo cached the area for the route area. Morning 6:50 I reached the starting point, I saw Abu Salim had started the briefing. I reported to Abu sAlim and joined. And later I was defying and fixing the flag pole DL came to me and told be ready you need to move with in 2 minutes, I jumped into the car , and DL informed move to Abu Salim for starting point. As I reached Abu Salim he asked me were is your flag, hoo man flag.... Flash of seconds getting disqualified. I remembered I had a big 1x1 foot red marker sticker. My flag got ready. Abu Salim be ready u need to move in 1 minute. Then suddenly Goooo - ufffffff the hearted pumped up( as I was able to see mubzz struggling 50 meters just from the starting point to get himself unstuck. Thank god within another 200 meters I also managed to get stuck and I thought, every thing finished. I get down and analyzed the positio of the car and began to remove the sands. Hoooooo just put my car into reverse and I was out. Then moved forward , I took long time to get the first check point as I was expecting somebody from club in the check point , after some time I decided to take a photo of the check point and move on, then drops, ditches, and finally reached Check point for Chief. And moved from thereto final , I saw dimple and went to her she informed to move further foreword. Then we were blocked by convoy of camels and reached Nancy. Hoooooo
Great drive , nise terrain and apt distance

Thank you Marshals
Thank you Sand skull
Thank you Nancy
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

What a satisfaction ! , this event was a smashing hit by all means . We reached the camp some time before 10:00 pm , set our chairs and started the bone fire . chatting and having the Karak made by The King " Hamdan " was the highlight of the night . The weather was nice and the mood was high . my normal night shift ( Camp night guard ) was little busy , as we had some unwanted visitor ( a Camel Spider ) which was dealt with swiftly and viciously . ( he can rest in peace and harm no one now :033: ) .

As the morning came , my role was to take Sand Skull to point # 13 ( he was an observer ) and move to my point # 14 and wait for the Advanced and intermediate drivers . I waited there for around 3 hours , but the business was slow and i didn't have much customers , on the other hand , Capri's point was really booming . ( i think i will split profit with him ..:011:) at 10:00 am we started removing the points boards and the race was officially over .

Winners : Excellent job and Congratulations .
Qualified Challengers : very well done job and keep pushing .
Disqualified Challengers : well done , reaching the end point safe and sound with out damaging the vehicle is not easy and its an achievement that you should be proud of . ( other events will follow and you will have your days of fame ) .

Thanks to all Founders and Marshals for their priceless efforts and endless support .

Special thanks to Chief Capri and Bu Salem for the time and effort they spent in designing and planning the all new version of this unmatched event .

[IMG]http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2010/08/2 ... ider-1.jpg[/IMG]
What goes around , comes around .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Abu Jimmy;26056]
i think i will split profit with him ..:011:.[/quote]

:like: :011:
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hoo sorry I forget to mention Fida, after finishing the event I decided to take the power line to reach back Alain Dubai road, as I took the shortest way to the power line, I got stuck, and helplessly stuck, I made a SOS call and marshals informed me back they will reach, ater some time as they had started inflating. Then Fida voluenteraly informed to marshal he will reach me for rescuing. As I was giving my coordinates to Fida my radio battery gone down . And I was only able to recive messages no transmission , then kept the radio for charging and informed back Fida about my cordinates. And I was rescued by FiDA Thankyou fida
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another Great Event by Almost4x4 !

As the meeting time was 7;30 pm, i came directly from my office and reached on time. Met other Almosters and had some chit chat, while Al Khatib reached and took us to the camp site. Other marshals joined us on the way and we had a super fast drive on the gutt road:028:. Near the campsite, there was a small area which looked flat but the sand was very soft. All the marshals flew from there with high speed but as this was the first time i was taking my newly bought Cherokee (Lamboo's Ex XJ) in the sand, i was trying to take it a bit slow as a result i was getting stuck. Then after deflating, i started on Single and had the same fun i used to watch Lamboo have when he owned it !:011:

The camping was as usual interesting and entertaining, and with an additional guest who was rested to peace by Abu jimmy (The Camel Spider:011:). Thank you for the Sandwiches, Al Khatib and Abu Jimmy, served as dinner for us:045:.

As i didn't have a GPS, i was not able to join as challenger and thus was the observer on check point 13. thank you Abu jimmy and Yoghybear for guiding me safely there. I didn't get to see many Newbies driving but surely the Intermediates and Advanced had great fun. Eagerly looking forward to join next such event.

Thank you Marshals and Founders for organizing such a great trip !
Congratulations to the 3 Winners !
Thank you all the participants.

Looking forward to see you all soon:048: