You’re Next

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you marshals for the support which have delivered always unconditional.

the trip was not a fast as used to be but it was longer than usual one. The trip was a refreshing course before the summer tracks begin. The temp was higher than normal and the sand also began to soft as it should be for a challenging drive.

thank you chief , Khatib , yogibear,zicco,

and good to see lamboo's new lambooooo jeep
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

As a part of the second convoy and not less fun..i´m just wanna say...Alkhatib i want more of this kind of drives!!

It was a really smooth and fast trip, playing around such in a egg bowl or going up to higher dunes from time to time in a relative high speed, we really enjoy all of us and we saw how the group was very well compensate and selected by the marshal, not much stucks or issues at all.

As the summer is coming soon..hope Almosters are not going to hibernate, wanna keep enjoying week by week with all of you guys!

Thanks again for another fun friday, see you soon!
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

A great dayA great lead by intermediate and advanced drivers And mabrook to lambooo for the bluberryWaiting for the next tripLove you ALFALASI
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

I was signed up in the 'other convoy' which was for intermediate and advanced drivers.

We gathered at Nizwa shops, had a good chit chat with everyone and were sent on our way, by Capri. We drive off towards Pink rock and stopped just after the road came to an end, for our briefing. Our Marshal, Lamboo, gave us the plan for the day. We were all to have a turn at being lead driver, with Lamboo being second lead. We were to drive where ever we wanted to, with the plan of going to Pink rock, Al Faya, Fossel rock and end at the gas station on the Khalba rd.

The drive was fantastic. Everyone drove well and tried to make the most of the available dunes. We circled around Pink rock for some time, just having fun. At Al Faya we had some time for 'free play'. There were very few issues on the trip. I think there was only one pop out and one or two 'stucks'.

I thought the standard of the lead drivers was good. Interesting tracks were picked and we all gained some valuable experience in a safe way, under the supervision and guidance of Lamboo.

I was impressed by our 'new' upgraded drivers. I had not seen some of them since they joined as Newbee drivers. Good to see everyone is learning new skills and gaining experience and confidence. Well done guys.

Thank you Lamboo, it is great to have an experienced Marshal by our sides.
Thanks to Almost4x4 for another great outing.

Regards
Paul
Dimple

My third drive with Almost4x4.

I was busy the whole week and was not able to check if there was a drive until it was too late and I had to register on the waiting list.

Found out on Thursday that I got in on the first convoy. Thank you, marshals.

The day did not start very well as we had car trouble with the WRONGler on Thursday night and reached home only at around 2:30am and then overslept. Reached the meeting point on Friday morning just in time for the convoy assignments. Lead marshal for Convoy 1 was Zico. I was fourth in the convoy which was a first because on the other 2 drives I joined, I was always one of the last cars.

This was a good drive for me because I did not get stuck and I did not get lost. I also thought that the pace of the drive was good because a lot of us in the convoy were new drivers and it was better to learn slowly in order to familiarize ourselves with the sand and our cars.

I also had the chance to pull a car for the very first time.

Thank you, Zico for giving me instructions on how to pull a stuck car. And sorry, Capri, for pulling too hard. I thought I heard you guys say pull him to Al Ain. :005:

Thank you to all the marshals and crew, Zico, Caprihorse, Abu Jimmy and Kallas for taking care of us. Thank you to the other drivers also.

And to my other half, thank you for always letting me have the XJ whenever I want to drive and not letting me sit on the passenger seat all the time.

It was a great day. More newbie trips, please. :027:
ROBY
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hallo,
It was a great day with nice drivers. All did very well. I enjoyed a lot.
Thanks Lamboo for the support.
See you soon ....on the sand, of course
ekkajay

It look longer than usual for completing the trip report. Well what can I say... retiring with this trip so is Sir Alex with Man U...... Not the same innings but had almost 16 wonderful drives. I was part of Convoy 2 and most of the trip has been well described by my colleagues / participants. Indeed a safe drive as usual with ALMOLST 4 x 4. Thanks to Khatib and Yogibear. If time does allow would love to catch up as passenger if someone would let me join the drive before leaving U.A.E. What can I say, the best experience for me and my family whilst we were in Dubai. Planning to sell my Jeep and some stuff, hopefully will be able to advertise here. Returning back to U.K in July, but need to clear a lot of stuff now. Once again thanks to all the Marshals and members of ALMOST 4 X 4 and wish you all safe and exciting trips in the future. Ajay 055 212 0636
ayman2ag

Hi
i know i am late but i have a busy weekend with my family.
this was my 3rd trip with the club but its the second in the sand. I learn a lot and it was a nice drive. although i almost stuck in one of the dunes but with the guidance of Caprihourse i was able to go with the right instruction given by him (Thanks Cheif).
Also i would like to Thank Abu Jimmy for his support and instruction to be safe.and Abu Tariq for leading the convoy.
I learn a lot from this trip and i believe that i will learn more next time.
Thanks again to all who make this drive smooth and safe.