[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track29.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Amazing and a Wonderful drive!!!!!!

We all meet at Tawi Nazwa shops by 7:15 am and we were divided into three convoys.... 2* new bees and 1* intermediate/Advance drivers

We were in convoy-2 lead by Alkhatib and Yoghybear. It was a nice and smooth drive to Pink rock on interesting route. There I encountered a problem in my Jeep, RPM were not going above 2500, it looks that problem in Fuel system. Then we drive to Faya dunes, there I decide to leave the convey as I were not able to climb big dunes due to problem in my Jeep.

Thanks Capri, Abu Jimmy, Alkhatib, Lamboo and Yoghybear for organizing this wonderful ride.

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

I arrived at the meeting point at 7am to find more than have the group already there.

Chit chat followed by more chit chat ... deflation and the customary marshal briefing and we departed at 7:50am.

I was part of convoy 2 which comprised :-

Al Khatib (lead)
Hockey
Yasir
Baher
Bomolin
Ginger
Ismail
Sanbloody
Mcap
Myself
Ekkajay
Refad
Bombays
Yoghybear (sweep)

We left the Tawi Nazwa shops and drove at a fast pace to the Pink Rocks. This was followed by a 25minute 'rally style' drive on the tracks to Al Faya . After a brief pause at Camel Rock ,we made our way past Fossil Rock to exit the desert at the inflation point on the Sharjah-Kalba road at 10:30am.
The entire convoy drove very well and we were able to maintain a blistering pace.

Thanks to Caprihorse for organising this drive.
Thanks to Al Khatib for a fast paced , exciting drive
Thanks to Yoghybear for the support
Thanks to all the marshals for sharing your most valuable asset with us , YOUR TIME
Thanks to all my fellow Almosters for the wonderful company and once again ensuring a safe and successful event.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,
Iqsaan and others have explained quite well. there's nothing more to add. Would like to Thank Al Khatib, Yoghy, Capri, Zico Abu Jimmy and All ALMOSTERS to make this drive wonderful. Enjoyed a LOT.:045:
Mubz

Hi Guys,

well well here I am not sure where to begin ( Much as I would like to start from Monday when the trip was posted) but that would be too long, or should I start from Thursday Morning, with so much heat was in the forum, forget it lets start with Thursday Evening (6:00 PM)

Situation was Tense ( am I going to the drive or not because my name is still in the waiting list).

From Chief:
This is the latest update and PM is in progress to invited participants.

Convoy 1
Convoy 2

Waiting List

1. Refad 0507055161 silver sentry 26
[CENTER][HR][/HR][/CENTER]

1. ..
  2. ..
  3. ..
  4. ..
  5. ..Mubz 0509837960, Baby Monster ( pathfinder) 6

Other Convoy
Marshals

In the end Chief decided to invite me with certain conditions
:033:

Thanks alot Chief for kind consideration,

i was unable to join the camp as I was working, I finished work at 6:00 AM and then was on the road chewing up KMs after KMs and sipping Red Bull to keep me going.

i reached deflation point by 06:45 and in no time was ready to hit sands, but then we had to wait till everyone was here anyways we hit sands by 08:00 ish, since convoy was mixed ( in terms of experience) newbies club members, first timers etc so the ride was not paced but this was expected, what was not expected that most of the people didn't read the opening thread completely ( I mean not the links which should be MUST READ) before you join a Drive specially if its a first drive, this was soon realized by drivers and Marshals and that kind of upset Marshals as well, and they are right.

I realized it on my drive and we all need to realize Marshals spend their Quality priceless time from Sunday to Thursday in the process of thinking about event then sorting orders in the forum throughout the week then decide the convoy level and divide convoys that's like sitting in front of computer for more than 40 hours if not more ( a full time job) and then

The BIG day Friday they are there before anyone else gets there then sorting order, briefing leading, sweeping, giving instructions, guiding, suggesting whats good and whats bad, sharing experince......... and above all like everyone else they get only one day in a week ( to enjoy or to have headache ) and they decide to have headache (because of us) and Teach us the most difficult skill one can have.

They do all this for nothing except one thing that we newbies enjoy our time and learn new skills, and all we have to do is Read a couple of thrads not for them but for our own safety and experience.

GUYS PLEASE SPARE SOME TIME AND READ THE THREADS BEFORE YOU JOIN THE TRIP IT ONLY TAKES 30 MINS IF YOU HAVE TO SPELL EVERY WORD LIKE ME

well back to trip report, I enjoyed it because I was with my 2nd family and with supervision of the best Marshals of the club Abu Jimmy, Chief , Abu tariq and above all I was in sand after 5 weeks so I was excited, about the ride it was not the best one in terms of difficulty but yet it was a joyful, ride so that will do for me :)

Special Thanks to
1. Chief
2. Abu Jimmy,
3. Abu Tariq
and everyone who joined us on the trip :)

Hope to see you guys soon in sands.
kash

Hey

I was part of Convoy number 1 with Silvester, Abu Jimmy, Abu Tariq and Strawb as the experienced Almosters guiding the convoy.

It was a regular newbie drive through an area suited for people like us learning about desert driving for the first few times when they are unaware of their limits and their cars limit. People made mistakes, tried again and succeeded that is what we did on this trip, we all went in and came out together and we newbies gained valuable experience and confidence.

A regular message during the drive over the radio and during the mid trip briefing was the inability of people to keep distance between cars and following convoy rules. Here i would like to make a suggestion. Lets make it a rule for the club members to thank the post about the important rules linked on the forum before they can join in the club member drive. This way we can all be sure about whether or not they have read the rules. I am sure being adults most people having once read the posts will follow the rules and guidelines.

Another thing that I would like to comment on is that I personally have no problem with critique from others about my driving and my ability but it should be from someone who has more experience than me not newbies in the same boat as me. So lets keep the critique for the newbie drive limited to the marshals only and not other newbie drivers who think they know it all.

Thank you once again Abu Jimmy, Abu Tariq, Silvester and Strawb for a good morning in the sands

Look forward to the next trip
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=kash;25775]

Another thing that I would like to comment on is that I personally have no problem with critique from others about my driving and my ability but it should be from someone who has more experience than me not newbies in the same boat as me. So lets keep the critique for the newbie drive limited to the marshals only and not other newbie drivers who think they know it all.

[/quote]

:like: ...........
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello guys....

New trip, new area and more new skills
First I would like to thank our great marshals for their patience, valuable advices, great planning and their time dedicated to make us good offroaders.
It was a special trip for me as it was the first time experience my new rid in sand and understand its behavior & abilities and as expected we became a good friends :like:.
The trip was great chance as the track was great; starting by nice dunes passing by the pink rock and moving across Sharjah desert reaching the fossil rock and end this the trip at ADNOC station.
I could not join the camp but Enjoyable, peace and explore very nice new areas was the headlines of my day trip, thanks again for this chance Almost4x4.
Once more many thanks for Capri, Abu Tariq, Abu Jimmy, Strawb and Kallas.
looking forward for a new trip and a new challenge ...
Hongbin

It was my first time driving in desert with Almost on not counting on Hatta Pools trip. I was in newbee/ first timer drive. We moved after the other convoy left a bit then headed in desert. Had a number of stucks as usual. But in the middle of convey, we stopped and marshals reiterated basic rules: keep a safe distance, stopped when the car ahead of you stuccoed and make sure it is clear to start your own cross over a dune. I remembered these are very first things I learned at beginning of sand bashing, but people do tend to forget. I continued twice my cresting even the wrangler AG head of me failed his first attempt. Sorry, marshals and my fellow Almosters. Another I learned was to put right tyre pressure. Having heard Caprihorse advising a fellow driver to put his tyre at 8 psi, I also lowered mine to 11psi, it worked so well and I am not longer afraid of climbing( my cay is very slow in accerlation, so having had difficulty to climb long and/or high slope. Really grateful o learned this.
Thank you, Caprihorse and other marshals for Organizing the drive and for 'shouting' at us over safety concerns. It is absolutely essential to enjoy the drive at the end.