MDG, Sand and Driver

Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another well organised and executed drive by the Almost 4x4 marshals !!!
It's always a pleasure having you all drive with us.:047:

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the night drive + camping but arrived at the meeting point at 7:40am to find many fellow Almosters busy deflating..
The marshals and the overnight convoy were soon to arrive , the group was split into three convoys (Newbee , Fewbie and Intermediate) and after the roll call we all headed out in our respective convoy.
I was in convoy 1(Newbie convoy) with Zico (lead) , Mazaaj (second lead) , Strawb (support) & Caprihorse(sweep) .
The convoy consisted of :-
1. Bu Shahid
2. Myself
3. Bomolin
4. Kash
5. Baher
6. Anis
7. Dimple
8. Ismail
9. Maddie
(sorry .. I cannot remember the other three members' names)

We proceeded at a fairly moderate pace , the sand was really soft and MDG was lurking behind every dune ready to pounce :011: , however with the guidance of the chief, the convoy experienced only a few stucks which were either self-recovered or dealt with swiftly by the marshals . We found ourselves in no time at Pink Rock . As the convoy had performed well , Zico decided to 'up the ante' and opt for a more technical route on our return ... this proved to be challenging for some members. At one point , two members strayed but were quickly located and lead back to the flock by Caprihorse/Strawb... and before we knew it the trip was over...
I am still baffled why Friday mornings spent with my Almost 4x4 family is much shorter than other mornings during the week???

Thanks to Zico for an exciting route .
Thanks to Caprihorse for your valuable guidance and advice.
Thanks to Mazaaj / Strawb for the support
Thanks to Kash , Asif , Atif , Anis , Baher and others for the usual wonderful company.

Hope to see you all next week in the sand :028:
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

sorry guyz i couldnt join u , something coming up and i went to Jumaira with some cute friends anyway ,

i am happy that everybody enjoyed and spend a great time and all safe , guuyyzzzzz keep the smile and good mood with u all the time :003: :060:
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Almost for organizing this wonderful event.

We reached badeyer shops at 8:30pm and start moving towards camp site at 9:00pm. We managed to reach camp with in one hour and we started to setup for camping.
In the morning drive, we drove to pink rock in the safari route in good speed and back to Badayer shop around 11:00am.

Special thanks to marshals for arranging trips for us and spending your valuable time.
Bomolin
Intermediate
Intermediate

First of all I need to ultimate thanks to Alkhatib, Lamboo, Desser Lizard to wait for me in a unexpected delay of 1 hour...sorry guys and thanks Abu Jimmy to arrange the waiting convoy!
The trip start at that night, one of the more extreme trips i ever had (I do not know if they wanted to give me a lesson due to the delay or they were just piss off of long waiting and they wanted to drive to the camping site as faster as possible even if it means to take a more challenging road) in spite of two stucks, we did really enjoy the night trip and morning drive back guide by Alkhatib and no less challenging!

What to say finally we reach Pink Rock and with it, I believe all of us feel closer to those who get used to drive Liwa, Pink Road, and Big red and looking backward still those Club Member´s trips where the main concern was not to get stuck between dune and dune.

Once again, thanks to those in the trip specially to dessert lizard to be a great guide and chief capri for keeping the mood all the time.

The Off Road meaning still increase thanks to Almosters!
Dimple

Sorry for the late trip report.

The first thank you goes to Abu Jimmy for organizing the newbie trip.

We reached Badayer at around 7:45 am on Friday and waited for the others to turn up.

This was only my second desert drive (after the Pink Scorpion Ladies Drive) and I was ready to faint by the time everyone reached. Got even more panicky when after all the convoys were announced, I was told by Capri and Bu Salem that I was not allowed to take my babysitter with me.

Followed Convoy 1 and after a few meters, I saw my babysitter following and finally relaxed.

I got lost twice, got stuck a couple of times and enjoyed myself the whole time. Not bad for my second try.

I still have a huge smile on my face because I reached Pink Rock!

And Capri, you were right. It was the car, not the driver……for now. :005:

Thank you, Zico and Mazaaj for the excellent lead. Thank you, Chief Marshal for the tutorial and for the patience. Thank you to all the other drivers. It was a great group and a fun day.

My babysitter can go join the other convoy next time. :059:

See you all on the next drive.
Maddie

[quote=Dimple;25247]Sorry for the late trip This was only my second desert drive (after the Pink Scorpion Ladies Drive)I got lost twice, got stuck a couple of times and enjoyed the whole time.

I still have a huge smile on my face because I reached Pink Rock!

And Capri, you were right. It was the car, not the driver……for now. :005:

Thank you, Zico and Mazaaj for the excellent lead. Thank you, Chief Marshal for the tutorial and for the patience..[/quote]

Thank you dimple for getting stuck ahead of us, Ginger, I and Alpha got personal demos how 'not to' get stuck lol ......

Your babysitter actually babysat us all lol. ...

See you soon
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MaddieTJ;25250]Thank you dimple for getting stuck ahead of us, Ginger, I and Alpha got personal demos how 'not to' get stuck lol ......

Your babysitter actually babysat us all lol. ...

See you soon[/quote]
You're right, and only 4 could see also your shortcuts:
Alpha
Ginger
Ismail
and Hero
:011:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dimple did not get in a stuck situation where she was not able to do self recovery.

Personally, I was very happy on how she handled herself in the convoy and how she kept her cool.

The newbie drives are a perfect opportunity for evetyone to learn and improve in the almost4x4 style. The goal is not to be the best driver but to be able to organize drives and convoys wherein everyone can be comfortable in their driving.

Be patient, listen and absorb and you guys will be making the sand fly in no time
Maddie

[quote=caprihorse;25251]You're right, and only 4 could see also your shortcuts:
Alpha
Ginger
Ismail
and Hero
:011:[/quote]

Chief Marshal, you are the best. ..

And Hero too :like:
Ismail

[quote=strawb;25255]Dimple did not get in a stuck situation where she was not able to do self recovery.

Personally, I was very happy on how she handled herself in the convoy and how she kept her cool.

The newbie drives are a perfect opportunity for evetyone to learn and improve in the almost4x4 style. The goal is not to be the best driver but to be able to organize drives and convoys wherein everyone can be comfortable in their driving.

Be patient, listen and absorb and you guys will be making the sand fly in no time[/quote]

You're right Strawb she was doing REALY well for a second drive in the desert, but the car was a very good asset working on her side too. She'll start to get addicted to driving in the sand now, so I guess we won't be seeing you guys together in one car again:005: