Jeep cherokee Vs Pathfinder Vs Mubz

Mubz

Hi Guys

Now its my turn to gain knowledge and theoretical experience about cars and drivers ( in this case its me)

Over the past few Drives (4) I've experimented with both Pathfinders 2004 M/T and 2009 A/T

As per my review

Pathfinder 2004 M/T
Experience: Pleasent for me but not for other ( I was getting stuck every now and then)
Reasons:
1. Driver ( Me)
2. Rims ( bigger rim and H/T tyres) both combined make is illegal for Dessert.
3. Manual transmission with Clutch getting stuck halfway take away all the power and basically you are accelerating to raise temperature of the car.

Result: BIG NO, not investing in car to make it off-road legal ( Cost is high and Risk is high ** something might go wrong again**)

Capri might hate me for rest of his / my life for making this statement but this is fact **sorry capri**

Pathfinder 2009 A/T
Experience:
I love this car everytime I drive it as per comments that I get
1. It's v.powerful machine
2. My car is 10 times smarter than me (*** Thanks to Chief***) ( I cant thank you enough for everytime you say something to me It makes me feel you actually care and I want to keep it that way).
3. It has all the gadgets that you want in saloon.
4. I love your car if you ever decide to sell it here is my number.

Experience in Sand
indeed a v.powerful car but ground clearance is not good enough and bumper at the front is scary so I try to be nice to her. had couple of stucks on every drive mostly because of me and sometimes because of car. because to be v.honest I love this car and its awesome to drive but on highway.

Result: awesome for road but do I want to take it to sand on every trick dont think so I might hurt her and that will hurt me badly.

So solution get a car dedicated to sand and only sand

so when you have such a request where do you go, you go to the people you trust the most my very own Almost 4x4 Family.

I need an opinion about getting a car, options

1. Pathfinder 2000 - 2004
2. Jeep Cherokee XJ 1997 - 2002

I want to have one of these cars or any other which you guys would suggest and my budget is not that high, as this will be my secondary off road car.

I might do slight modifications with the time but first I need to modify only one things That's ME and only ME

As always open for suggestions and Criticism.
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

For your pathfinder 2004mt just make the rims 16" and tyres with [URL="tel:265-70-16"]265-70-16[/URL]. If yor car is in good condition- engine, gearbox, transfer case, differential, radiator.

The best part of your car is having lots of power and torque comparing to other car

More over it is rock solid

but ur 2009 pathfinder having too many issues for a long run in sand
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Mubz,

are you planning to sale your Pathfinder 2004?
anything else other than the clutch problem ?
can you share some photos
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Hi Mubz,

From what you wrote above i understand that mainly you don't need a new car, you need to improve your driving skills....why would you buy a third car while you already have one???? if the clutch is hanging you can simply fix it and instead on buying and investing in a second hand offroading car!!!!!! spend less money to refresh and fix your Pathfinders 2004 M/T and make it offroading ready is better and cheaper for sure (It's a NISSAN after all).

You have a live example here, our Chief Marshal Caprihorse, his got the car since 2006 till now, he uses the car for daily stuff and offroading .....and he is the Chief so no need for me to talk about his driving skills, the car goes everywhere and he even challenged my V8 because he is confident with his car :060:.

My Advice to you, check what are the main issues in your car and fix them, work hard on improving your desert driving skills while getting used to the car, if this doesn't work than and only than think about alternative solutions.

Ps: If your passengers are having an unpleasant journey usually that mean you are doing a good job offroading and the solution is simple, DEzzynoLLL them alllll as our colleague "Strawb" always do :011: and it works as they end up enjoying a good sleeping time:005:

All the best in whatever you decide :045:
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sarookh;25141 wrote:Hi Mubz,

From what you wrote above i understand that mainly you don't need a new car, you need to improve your driving skills....why would you buy a third car while you already have one???? if the clutch is hanging you can simply fix it and instead on buying and investing in a second hand offroading car!!!!!! spend less money to refresh and fix your Pathfinders 2004 M/T and make it offroading ready is better and cheaper for sure (It's a NISSAN after all)..............................................................All the best in whatever you decide :045:
Thank you Sarookh, you just stole the words from my mouth...Exactly Mubz, although i am not an expert too, i feel you don't need to buy another off-road car unless there are major problems with Engine, gear, transfer case etc... and even sometimes those can be fixed. Also, that you are looking for a used off-road car, so no matter which ever you buy, you will have to spend a little for maintenance being a used car. So rather spend on the existing and most importantly spend on lifting, bigger tires, expensive suspension................................and cheif is gona kill you:005:...just kidding, most importantly spend on yourself and thats all you need.

Someone once told me something like this and i think its a saying in Arabic that "Its better to keep the insane you know than to get a new insane and deal with it"

Can any arab members who know about this saying correct me here please and tell me what exactly the saying is?
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Sandskull;25144 wrote:Thank you Sarookh, you just stole the words from my mouth...Exactly Mubz, although i am not an expert too, i feel you don't need to buy another off-road car unless there are major problems with Engine, gear, transfer case etc... and even sometimes those can be fixed. Also, that you are looking for a used off-road car, so no matter which ever you buy, you will have to spend a little for maintenance being a used car. So rather spend on the existing and most importantly spend on lifting, bigger tires, expensive suspension................................and cheif is gona kill you:005:...just kidding, most importantly spend on yourself and thats all you need.

Someone once told me something like this and i think its a saying in Arabic that "Its better to keep the insane you know than to get a new insane and deal with it"

Can any arab members who know about this saying correct me here please and tell me what exactly the saying is?
About the Arabic Saying, it is: "يود مجنونك لا يجيك اجن منو" and it means in away: hold on to your crazy better than getting a crazier one :stupid:.

Maddie

Sandskull;25144 wrote:"Its better to keep the insane you know than to get a new insane and deal with it"
يا صاحبي ، خليك على مجنونك ، لا يجيك أجن منه هههههههه:005:
Maddie

Sarookh;25141 wrote:Hi Mubz,

You have a live example here, our Chief Marshal Caprihorse, his got the car since 2006 till now, he uses the car for daily stuff and offroading .....and he is the Chief so no need for me to talk about his driving skills, the car goes everywhere and he even challenged my V8 because he is confident with his car :060:.

:045:
Sarookh, Chief can beat with you with a Cycle :011: :007:
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

MaddieTJ;25150 wrote:Sarookh, Chief can beat with you with a Cycle :011: :007:
Hahahaha a good one :like:. Did you know that we also have an Arabic Saying for buttering :011::011::011: