O Solo Mio 2.0

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Excited off-roaders met on Thursday evening in a desert of Al Ain, driving already solo in the dark, to camp and chat about, what? Nothing else as off-roading and GPS and other tools, how to enter quickly many points without using common tools, like fingers and painful typing. The night was with different weather conditions, from sand storm with flapping walls of the tent and quiet morning, which changed again during the day to hot and windy.

Next morning the whistle woke up sleepy camp, to pack and go for the adventure. The target was to drive via 15 GPS points from A to B. At the briefing Marshals stressed the attention to safety and over-ego, not to follow already existing tracks from buddies driving earlier, not to eventually jump on their head.

Many, out of 12 challengers, equipped with their devices and loaded with GPS points, had their own adventurous track and some used specific recovery techniques to get out and continue the personal challenge (sharpened shovel or pulling by Marshals).

At the end we all, happy, met at Al Naqra, where the challenge was climbing the high dune with ra-ta-ta style. The whole convoy, led by The Legendary MiniMe, arrived at Sweihan.

After the trip, we all finished at small cafeteria, to enjoy the famous local Mandi (Yemeni origin) food, hosted by Zico (we appreciate your generosity and hospitality).

Thank you all to be with us, we're sure to see you soon at our next event.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Had awesome time.

Thanks to all the marshals fr there efort and support
Maddie

Alhamdulillah, all of you are back safely

More reports please

Chief, saw all the pics on FB

Definitely looking forward to my second star under your guidance :)
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

yeah i liked the mandi too . :011:
Maddie

[quote=BADER BARGHOUTHI;24955]yeah i liked the mandi too . :011:[/quote]

Mandi Madhbi Madfoon Mansaf Makboos

MnMs I say
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Guys , the solo trips are the most interesting in the trip report aspect , as every driver has his own trip and experience to report . so , i am looking forward to hear from all of you about your individual experience .:031:

My trip report is a " copy & paste " from Capri`s report as i was the first one to arrive to the camp after Capri and i was his teammate in the sweeping team .
What goes around , comes around .
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had following drivers in the challenge:

1. Nbaker - 0555421641 - The Big Black Bull - C
  2. Strawb 0566927874 Bulldog C
  3. Toby - 0506670610 - LC pickup - C
  4. Sarookh, 0558737317, The GirlfrienD C
  5. BettyPo, 0504287970, Betty's sister, C for all compliances
  6. Roby, 0556296124, Silver Dragon - C
  7. CAMEL 0559439024, Xtruder- C
  8. Rashidjass 0551607979 MR-X
  9. Mazaaj 0505651515 Mad Face C
  10. Bu-Hamdan 050/9844000 Black JK *C*
  11. Bu-Shouq, Wrangler Black
  12. Melfi, Moby, 055 994 3475

And as nobody from them until now did not reply, we have two options:
  1. We did completely wrong, so we'll not do this kind of trip again...
  2. Our drivers are so highly advanced, that it is below their dignity to write few words...
Toby
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well well well.

loved every minute of it.

Upon arrival to deflation point i could already see MDG had her grips on a fellow almoster so i deflated and went in to recover. ( i wont name and shame)

from there we drove the short journey to camp. found the few who had arrived before me all sitting in the dark hahaha.

luckily i had wood so we started the fire. over the next couple of hours people kept coming.

great evening with great atmosphere.

so morning broke. i was third to leave camp. loving the experience of solo drive with the comfort factor of knowing your almost family is only just around the corner.

I managed to somehow over take those who left before me which was great because it meant i was the first to disturb the nature. so i saw a host of foxes and gazelles. simply adding to the beautiful drive.

i was joined by about half the family at the checkpoint.

but after waiting for a good half hour or so we decided to head back as a second recovery team as one of our members was in a rather sticky situation. by the time we got back the marshals had sorted it and we had a great convoy drive with some playing all the way out.

Thank you to everyone for a great weekend.

See you in the sand family
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thursday comes and I'm hyped all day waiting for the sun to set and head off to Al Ain. Then I get a message from the supreme court(the wife) saying we have to collect a friend from the airport and take her out..so officially by a decree the camping initiative has been sabotaged. Reported the unfortunate news to our dearest Bu Salem and sadly continued the day.

Wake up at 4:45 and start the journey to Al Ain. I think there's still some sand in my tires from the last pop out I had so the ride was slightly annoying since these things really irritate me. Anyways, I reach the camp, greet everyone and I hear the beautiful news..I'm first! :005:
Intermediates were advised not to go through all the points so we skipped a few.
This would be my record of the furthest I've ever driven alone in the desert. And thankfully no pop-outs, no stucks.. all smooth and enjoyable. Took as many dunes as possible in different techniques to practice. Cresting sideways, straight, flooring it in some nice bowls within some other massive high dunes. I meet up with Toby at a large dune which has a huge rocky bottom. He says: "imagine if someone finds himself coming down the dune and finding this in front of him, his car would be totaled for sure".
little did we know that our beloved Melfi was about to do just that..but luckily she stopped just before it and with the help of Khatib and all the other marshals her Moby was safe and sound :045:
We all then started blasting our way up a gigantic dune(can't remember it's name), challenging each other to reach a higher point..and higher...and even higher. Sarookh then deflated to 6 psi and let the might V8 blast to the very top :028:
We then drove on a nice fast route led by the marshals, got to the inflation point, went to pray then we were treated for delicious mandi by Zico :applouse: thanks again sir!

An awesome new adventure with many more lessons learned. Thank you mighty marshals!:038:
Mubz

[quote=caprihorse;24993]
  1. We did completely wrong, so we'll not do this kind of trip again...
  2. Our drivers are so highly advanced, that it is below their dignity to write few words...
[/quote]

We newbies who missed the trip are happy with the trip reports if they are posted with details as it happened, I loved the trip report from Liwa I was not there but by reading the trip report I felt as if I was there with you guys.

I've seen videos and photos from this drive as well and looks interesting as to what happened but with no reports I just have to imagine what happened