April 1st Star

sanbloody

Amazing and a Fantastic drive!!!!!!

We all meet at Tawi Nazwa shops by 7:45 am and we were divided into three convoys.... 2* new bees and 1* intermediate/Advance drivers

We were in convoy lead by Bu Salim, Strawb and Abu Jimmy. It was a fast and and interesting route..........Initially there was little bit of sand storm which made the drive more interesting.

We had a few stucks and but with the guidance of Strawb and Abu Jimmy nothing was major.

Reached to Badayer by 12:00 noon. This was one a memorable experience!!!!!!!

Thanks Bu Salim, Abu Jimmy and Starwb............you guys rock!! :applause:

Can't wait for the next drive:021:
Maddie

Convoy No. 1, led by Lamboo left around 0830.

I was lucky not to have a Radio, hence Rig no. 2 behind Marshal.
With Gilda behind me and Amer behind her.
Really windy but bearable heat.
Enjoyed the drive, especially with Khateeb scouting the tricky parts and Chief Marshal watching over us.
Marshal Lamboo made it easy for us, choosing easier paths.
Being a part of Almost4X4 convoy made me realise that's its all for one and one for all.
Finally, I am a 'Newbie'. Looking forward to more drives!
Its not about power, its about skills. Look at the Vitara and you'll soon realise it.

Marshal Lamboo, Khatib and Chief Capri and all ALMOST4x4, thanks and God Bless all of you.
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thanks Bu Salem for a superb mix of side cresting , side sloping , tricky bowls and dunes ... which left me wishing for a longer morning. :045:
Thanks Abu Jimmy for your tireless support at sweep ... our guardian angel
Thanks Strawb for your assistance

Thanks Anwar , Ginger , Hockey, Refad and others for the good company.
ekkajay

Thanks Bu Salem for another fantastic drive. The drive has been very interesting, tricky, technical. Got stuck once and as Bu Salem rightly pointed out did not keep enough distance. Many thanks to Abu Jimmy and Strawb as usual with their advice, and help it was easy way out from my stuck position. Other than that all the way through it was a memorable experience. All the drivers in the convoy did a great job, although a few got stuck but that is the name of the game. Once again many thanks to Bu Salem, Abu Jimmy and Strawb for giving us the opportunity to experience the dunes.
abujamil

Really it was a very amazing trip . This is my first tip with Almost4x4 members

Trip Details:

Name: Pink Rouck
Date: Apr 5, 2013 8:36 am
Distance: 28.4 kilometers
Elapsed Time: 2:32:52
Avg Speed: 11.2 km/h
Max Speed: 58.7 km/h
Avg Pace: 5' 22" per km
Min Altitude: 90 m
Max Altitude: 209 m
Start Time: 2013-04-05T04:36:47Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 24º 59' 48" N
Longitude: 55º 39' 51" E
End Location:
Latitude: 24º 57' 18" N
Longitude: 55º 42' 51" E

Recorded GPS Track :
http://gps.motionx.com/maps/c5c300c95d1 ... 73f7963e90

Thanks to all members and special thanks to all Leaders and Marshals
Gilda

Good Day everyone
I had my first Drive on Friday, It was an amazing drive to Pink Rock. And finally after months of being a joyful passenger I got the courage to hit the sands myself.
Although it was a Windy Day [ as bu salem said perfect Day to sart the first drive ;))))) ], and the dunes had sharp edges, we had a smooth drive.
I liked it very much and hope to have more rides in the future.

Special Thanks to Lamboo our leading Marshal , Khatib and chief Capri, that by carefully choosing the path and guiding us throught the way made this trip a wonderful experience.

And at last but not least my very Special thanks to my patient and encouraging passenger .
Mubz

This was simply amazing I say this because of many reasons I'l mention a few

1. being with my 2nd Family (Almost 4x4 ) is a always a treat
2. Thanks to Chief Marshal about me joining as many club members drive as possible at first I thought NOOOOOO I want to be intermediate but after my last trip which was 5+ I realised I need more club member drives and Chief was right now I can feel my car and we seem to be having a connection. ( Thanks to Chief)
3. Although I did make a massive blunder by trying to make my own track on a dune which in Chief words is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and soon I realised I was way out of my league but it was a great learning curve
4. Having Capri in a convoy is always a Blessing if he is in Pathfinder or in Suzuki that doesnt matter what matters is his Years and Years of Experience, I believe even if we give him Bicycle he will do better than many of us in our fancy powerful cars.

So back to the Trip report

I finished my job early on special request at 7:00 AM thats correct 7:00 AM and put my dessert mode on and was cruising on Al Khail road, as the miles pass by mode was getting happier and sleep was running away, on my way I could see plenty of sand on the road thanks to the wind, and I was kind or thinking is it going to be good or bad but time will tell.

we meet everyone at 08:00 AM and I was thinking did Almost 4x4 invite everyone to the trip as there were more than 50 cars and then we hard that there are three clubs today and we Almost 4x4 had 3 Convoys so we had to be careful with who do we follow.

Then I found my name with Lamboo's leadership we started at 08:30 and moments later we were in the sand, thanks to Lamboo for choosing an awesome track which was Excellent for club members plus newbie that we learnt how to be in control of our car and not the other way around. some nice high dunes it was simple awesome.

Special thanks to Lamboo, Khatib, Chief and not to mention all the members who joined and made this memorable.

Looking forward to see you guys again and again
reddy

Hi,
I shall specially thank Chief Capri for making me ease at being late to join the group. Though I have started early could not reach the meeting point early enough to prepare the car and gadgets. This is my first off road trip apart from GNFD and Nissan Explore UAE. I have bought Walkie Talkie, GPS, Deflator only one day before the drive hence was not familiar. Chief Capri helped me with deflation and Walkie Talkie.
I was last in the convey. Though this is my first trip didn't struck boosting my confidence for more sterner adventures. Very interesting route and more importantly the event was organized very professionally. I can vouch this as I went for drive the event organized by other club in the same evening and though the route was bit more challenging however it was not organized that well.
Thanks leading Marshal Lamboo, Khatib and chief Capri and the Group.
Reddy
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

First of thank God for helping me to join in the convoy in the last minute. As had reached home only 4am after night drive. I wake up by 7:30am and was driving as fast as possible in between filling the gas. Thank god I was able to reach Tawi nizwa shops by 8:30am where the convoy was almost ready. I meet Bu Salim and he granted me to join the convoy. Initially 10 minutes I thought it was better to complete the sleep, as the drive was slow and normal ( in the background later I realized bu Salim was analyzing the strength of the convoy members, WAW after 25 minutes of driving the phase got changed ,unexpectedly , the moments of realizing that of If I had missed the trip it would be one of my misfortune. And till the last minute just before arriving the Kach road it was truly amazing, thanks for all convoy members. Special thanks for Bu Salim , our great sweeper - Abu Jimmie and strawb
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

One question was in my mind during my drive from Abu Dhbai to Nazwa shops :032: :032: ,,,, are we still going to drive with all this sandy winds...and preparing myself for the bad news :036:...lol
thank god the answer was YES :like: :048::011:
however the weather was not that perfect for desert trip but the trip was great, useful and the truck was very interesting; by Lamboo leadership and with the presence of our Chief Capri, AlKhatib and the rest of the group my first visit to the Pink Rock was very nice and enjoyable.
Many thanks for you Lamboo and special thanks for Capri and ALkhatib who were driving around back and forth insuring the safety of the team and providing valuable advices to everybody
many thanks for the rest of the team for the great company
thank you ALMOST 4x4 for this great group.

looking forward for the next challenge