Changing my CAR and need your help

Maddie

Unleashed_lee;25352 wrote:Im not 100% sure ,but I heard from an ex owner of a Cherokee that it drinks alot of petrol and stated that its 20 liters per 100 km. I don't know if thats an older model or even if you have that consideration.
The TJ Wrangler averages 5km/l, and that's on a good day.
Lee, the cherokee has a larger gear ratio I think, so it would probably do a couple of KMs more I think but once the huge tires come in, 20 litres to the 100 it will be too
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

MaddieTJ;25353 wrote:The TJ Wrangler averages 5km/l, and that's on a good day.
Lee, the cherokee has a larger gear ratio I think, so it would probably do a couple of KMs more I think but once the huge tires come in, 20 litres to the 100 it will be too
You are right , and that's only if used on road . the off road fuel consumption is a true disaster . ( full tank = 90 Km )
What goes around , comes around .
Maddie

SN
Abu Jimmy;25362 wrote:You are right , and that's only if used on road . the off road fuel consumption is a true disaster . ( full tank = 90 Km )
Abu Jimmy, I think the answer is regearing - for two reasons
1- to regain lost power because of the tires
2- to lower fuel consumption.

Snorkels help too but it would reflect on power, not consumption.
Our extra fa
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

MaddieTJ;25367 wrote:SN

Abu Jimmy, I think the answer is regearing - for two reasons
1- to regain lost power because of the tires
2- to lower fuel consumption.

Snorkels help too but it would reflect on power, not consumption.
Our extra fa
Re-gearing is a very good solution , only if :

1- you choose the right ring & pinion ratio . ( based on the tyrs size and lifting height )
2- you can afford doing the work at a professional workshop . ( 4500 to 6000 DH including parts )

My ride is dedicated for offroading and used once a week , so fuel consumption is not a priority for me at the time being.
What goes around , comes around .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Finally and after very long process and changing the whole concept :005:, I have entered Jeep world and got 2000 Jeep Cherokee :028: and looking forward for the next trip to experience it in sand.
It will be dedicated for offroading only and will keep my Trailblazer for my daily use, I got her a new BFG (31 x 10.5 x R15) All Terain and today completed the registration in Abu Dhabi without any problem (thank god).

Thank you all for your advices, care and support, it helped a lot and it is highly appreciated :045:, special thanks to Al Khatib , Abu Jimmy and Omar :like:.
see you soon in sand :028:
Maddie

Mabrook Bu Shahid. الله يعطيك خيرها ويكفيك شرها
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

MaddieTJ;25536 wrote:Mabrook Bu Shahid. الله يعطيك خيرها ويكفيك شرها
Thank you dear
Fat Rabbit

Welcome brother.. to Jeep World, Jeep Thing, All Things Jeep.... the ride of your life :057:
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari