Changing my CAR and need your help

Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

I am planning to change my car and get more suitable one for offroading:032:; I am not planning to have one fully dedicated for offroading i.e. I am looking for something still be able to use for my day to day use.
I do not have specific budget but I do have some ideas/options;

- Pathfinder 2001 to 2005 (3.5 L)
- FJ 2008-2009 with dif-lock
- Xterra 2008-2010

my initial thinking is to get the pathfinder (lowest budget) and use it till get more experience then change if I want later:028:, better than get the higher budget and damage it:011:.
which one is better FJ or Xterra?

any advice or thoughts will be highly appreciated...
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Al three cars are perfect candidates for a daily use car and an off road machine in the week ends , the choice may mainly depend on your budget . the only thing you need to do is the common process of buying a second hand car ( searching , negotiating , bargaining , checking ...)
What goes around , comes around .
Mosalf

Umm my two fils on the above thought...getting a clean FJ with the above spec is a bit difficult but I know women think of it as "cute" (which its not) and use them as a daily ride. You can try you luck there.

The Xterra to me a is a superb car beating both the Pentastar and FJ in specs. Make sure you get the offroad version (again difficult to get a clean car). Also. the ride behind in Xterra leaves a bit to desire because of the leaf springs and space.

So the pathy is the best choice in terms of cost, availability and ride. Again, offroad driving is not all car but mostly driver so all the above cars provide you enough power to take you to Liwa and back (when you are ready that is)

Search well, ask and check if the car has been offroad (little is ok I guess but a weekly offroad driven car will have issues in it)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

The Three cars are good ...

1. Pathfinder: Good Road, Very Good Off-Road, Nice Price
2. Xterra: Excellent Road, Good Off-Road , Medium Price
3.FJ: Very Good Road, Excellent Off-Road, Medium to high Price

The choice is yours
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
khshareef
Club Member
Club Member

Out of above 3 Best one to my knowledge in terms of low maintenance, economical will be Nissan Pathfinder from 2000 to 2003 model 3.5l manual or automatic which can go anywhere without modifications...You can get good one for 18 to 25k and it is a good car for daily use too...
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

khshareef;24759 wrote:Out of above 3 Best one to my knowledge in terms of low maintenance, economical will be Nissan Pathfinder from 2000 to 2003 model 3.5l manual or automatic which can go anywhere without modifications...You can get good one for 18 to 25k and it is a good car for daily use too...
Trying to score points with the Chief ....:011:
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Many thanks for all, specially Abu Jimmy and Bu Salem for you valuable advices
I have started the process focusing on the FJ and the Pathfinder but as stated above buying a clean used car with good price is not an easy job :-)
few candidates short listed but still not finalized yet, hopefully i can finalize it this week.

thank you all again .
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

khshareef;24759 wrote:Out of above 3 Best one to my knowledge in terms of low maintenance, economical will be Nissan Pathfinder from 2000 to 2003 model 3.5l manual or automatic which can go anywhere without modifications...You can get good one for 18 to 25k and it is a good car for daily use too...
Small correction - 3.5L engine Pathfinder R50 models were produced between 2001 and 2005.
Maddie

A pathfinder would be an ideal choice. Low height, good stock ground clearance, wider axles and an extremely dependable powerful engine with low maintenance and cheap original parts
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

I will just keep quite:011: