Drive Hard 6.0

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear Ben, if you check the statistic posted by Capri and you compare day 1 with day 2, taking into consideration that the level was "quite" different (intermediate vs advance) you will understand that the trip level was not so bad as you are describing
Moreover, as mentioned earlier, the trip level is not set by the leading marshal but by members, where the weakest car always defines the convoy progress.
I was asked also from other drivers to increase the level, and believe me, it would have been very easy to do that (even after an extended period away), but it wouldn't have been fair and safe vs members who already had some difficult with that track pace.
My scope (and role) was not (and is not!) to drive alone with no one able to follow me, but is that every one regardless of their experience and skills can return back home safely, with his/her car, and hopefully with more experience.
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Yoghybear;24686] every one regardless of their experience and skills can return back home safely, with his/her car, and hopefully with more experience.[/quote]

:047::045: only the Almost4x4 way
Maddie

[quote=BettyPo;24572]Day 0 - Did not exist for me, unfortunately due to commitments in Dubai. I am sure I have missed an amazing evening camp with chit chat and good laughs with Almost's Sis & Bro's.
I arrived more or less quietly at 4.30am in camp on Day 1, just early enough to get an hour sleep after fixing my bed, before getting up for a day of drive. Here to be honest, I had a bit of fear as I know what Hameem/Liwa has to offer and lack of sleep :025: can cause many unexpected szenarios I do not want to get into especially in, I would call it none familiar playgrounds.
Anyways, Sand out of whatever reason keeps me awake:011:

Day 1 - Great views and tracks, with easy bits, some stucks and popps and company everyone can just wish for!

Day 2 - Full awesome, driving driving, no stuck, no popp, driving driving!
This day was about to get cancelled after Yoghy decided wisely to return with his rig to Dubai to get it checked and also Capri wanted to return as the Legendary was sick.
Believe me, it is not easy to convince the Master of sitting as a passenger, but it worked as he still could sit in in a Fissan:028:

My Drives Leader: Bu Salem, who was desperate for Group Hugs :033:, cares soooo badly of the safety of his members which is insane and I cannot express myself enough how thankful I am to be part of this family and that I was able to be part for this weekends drive.
Caprihorse: You know....:021:
Armin: The wood boy, keep coming!
Yanka: I need more cookies!:024:
All members: Apologies for not greeting some of you properly the morning of Day 1, my eyes must have been still closed and we departed so fast.
Members of the Advance Drives: Sharing is caring - Food, Videos, chats, tools etc.... always again. I don't understand why no one wanted my eggs and cucumbers:010:
Members who could not join due to their level: Your time will come early enough where you will face plenty of 'Oh Sh!t' bowls, get more familiar with Badayer Hills and conquer those:011:
Members who could join in their level but did not: You missed out and we missed you!
Adnoc station: Thanks for fillin petrol and providing a Shower:005: Bestest after a day drive!
The one and only food stall: Nice Dal!
The speeding cameras: Thanks, no new pictures! The film must have been full:011:
To all: No matter how experienced you think you are, every drive teaches you something new, so respect the terrain you drive in! Thanks for reading and hope to see you very soon![/quote]

Wonderfully expressed, eggs and cucumbers? I must have that recipe, to add to my kids' list of daddy disasters heheheheheheheh
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

You are correct I did go around a couple of times. Like I said I do not claim to be a professional.

I do not intend to offend anyone and I know marshals volunteer their time hence the first part of my first post.

Lucky for me I come to enjoy the company of friends away from the city.

Maybe I was expecting something different from the drive whether or could have gone quicker seen some bigger dunes. Maybe I cannot explain myself well. However I sincerely felt with the level of drivers we had we should have been able to cover a much larger area.

As for "every second dune" I didn't mean it literally.
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I hope no one is offended with anyone. we all come from different backgrounds, and different ways of understanding. and different way of communicating.
as far as I know everyone who posted in this thread is highly respected by all. and its not easy to express our self in message since we can not show the emotions.

I have to say, I agree with all in Different ways: all I'm about to say is based on observation, not judgmental.

in the morning started by telling us keep distance and don't worry if you don't see the cars just follow the track. so I assume most cars did that, I know I did, and when ever we were asked to stop in convoy we assumed its because of distance. but I guess it was also because cars in the back were making second try.

before we start, since we were using the word intermediate/advance we probably thought its going to be faster than last trip. but then marshals did make a good judgment once they sow some can not or might not make it safe.

I did feel board at some points. that's when I kept going on radio "can I play on high dune" and I did go to marshal and say something like "its easy drive, or slow" but not disappointed. because I'm sure when I get stuck or take time to cross its worst for others when they are far away waiting.

Also, we never know what will come up in desert. some areas I thought some will get stuck badly.

Now based on FACT:
I was enjoying killing the dunes with my boy Toby, That truck looked good in front of his daddy. I could not be any more proud... we kept going and forgot we are faster than guys behind us. at some point we couldn't take it no more and passed the car that could not cross. of course we stopped at some point so he will get back in track. (the car we passed)

The drive could have been better for some, but it could also been risky for others if it was faster. since this is group drive, and safety is number one. Marshals did what they have to do.
I did want the drive to be faster too. even though I partially did slow the convoy at some point. but totally agree with marshals based on what I read, and sow at the end.

if anyone is offended by anything I said, please let me know, I will make a private fire for you.
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Caaaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeel the looooooove toniiiight! :043: I think it's time for some grouphugs! Plenty of them I guess. :004:

I do not think that anyone wants to offend anybody and all who are posting here are in a way or another concerned.

The most important is to understand and respect each others views.
fida
Advance
Advance

[quote=BettyPo;24694]Caaaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeel the looooooove toniiiight! :043: I think it's time for some grouphugs! Plenty of them I guess. :004:

I do not think that anyone wants to offend anybody and all who are posting here are in a way or another concerned.

The most important is to understand and respect each others views.[/quote]

Exactly.. All of us are one family and there shouldn't be any hard feeling. Our main objective is to get together and have safe fun.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=BettyPo;24694]Caaaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeel the looooooove toniiiight! :043: I think it's time for some grouphugs! Plenty of them I guess. :004:

The most important is to understand and respect each others views.[/quote]

Nancy....Am shaved and ready....who wants a hugggggggggg:cheerful:.

Ben, i think your expectations were so high that you gonna drive in the mighty Liwa....and when the drive was bit slow it was kinda downer for you ....i feel for you but it's ok you will have plenty of other opportunities in the future. As the it was said before not all drivers are at the same level of skills even if they have the same stars as you, some has never seen Liwa and the most important thing here that all drivers returned home safe and unharmed.

Now going back to the trip, it was slow, unchallenging and i even had time to chitchat with Aliens looooooooooooooool no am kidding, it was amazing and that not because it was Liwa it was amazing because of the people and there good mood, Love you All people and see you tonight at the camp for some hugging:011:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

@sarookh ..... Am shaved and ready! Loooooooool

Hahahahaha

Oppppaaaaa
Mosalf

Great Reading...when we can be there???...hopefully by next year I am committed to alleast 3 stars with Almost Insha'Allaaah to be able to join your guys in Liwa in 2014 - 2015 season...:) Lolz, that sounds too long